• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dec55
    :lol.....If you ever watch ER, or actually work in trauma...it is a defense
    mechanism of all medical staff. I found Lexa's portrayal as a doctor who
    has experience seeing trauma and death many times very accurate and
    far from the hollywood mold. Yes she is totally gorgeous and looks
    like a kid....but yeah, she got all the technobable on the money and
    the humanity and compassion when she isn't in the middle of a case.
    I think the reason she did show any feelings is that she had imediate concern with Jackson......she didn't have the time nor the luxury to grieve.....

Seeing Lexa on the set is a dream come true.
    Still, Doc Frais made it feel more homey. Lexa's cool and all - but Janet was just ... someone comfy with a medical degree you could come home to..
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I would discribe Doc Fraiser as a dedicated military officer that has a proper
      and easy bedside manner. She was always formal but compasionate. Dr. Lam
      on the other hand seems more Urban, straight out of a major ER. She is more
      confrontational when the saftey of her patients are in question. She seems
      very comfortable and eager to deal with offworld medicine, and has a fast
      paced demeanor. She too is compassionate....but won't let a loss of a patient
      effect her, if others need her attention at the same momment. Some may feel
      it makes her less feeling, but she obviously has dealt with trauma before
      seeing how fast she reacts critical situations. Would have loved to see both
      characters work together....but you never know.... with SG1.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        all in all, i think she'll work out ok. yes, the medical code was poorly done. course, most tv shows so totally mess up medical procedures that i'm used to it

And to put on the mod hat for a moment. Nothing here has crossed the line yet, however there are a couple of rules that can apply to this thread

respect the actor/actress
        keep the topic off thier personal lives
        When they used the defibulator....they should have exposed Vala's thoracic area. I was suprised they let that slide. But Lexa got all the terminology down
        perfectly. I just wished they at least had a medical consultant to make things
        more accurate. Overall Lexa did excellent on her part and had a air of credibility
        as Dr. Lam. (My guess she has extensive ER experience and medical research.)
        Last edited by dec55; 26 July 2005, 10:28 PM.
        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Loved Lexa in this eppy...this is gonna be a great season!

Comment

I like Dr. Lam. I've never watched Andromeda, so my only experience with LD's acting came from The 4400. I think her acting here is fine. I also like that the character isn't a Janet clone, which I would find insulting, and that she has more personality than Brightman.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Who was Brightman?

Comment

hey does anyone know when lexadoig.org will be back up.?
                part of:
                Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

Not for a while.

Comment

DO U KNOW Y the sites on hiatus?
                    part of:
                    Unique Bond fansite Graphics Com ShepMagan Icons

wanna sig? pm me and ill make u one

Comment

I have been wondering about that aswell
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                        When they used the defibulator....they should have exposed Vala's thoracic area. I was suprised they let that slide. But Lexa got all the terminology down
                        perfectly. I just wished they at least had a medical consultant to make things
                        more accurate. Overall Lexa did excellent on her part and had a air of credibility
                        as Dr. Lam. (My guess she has extensive ER experience and medical research.)
                        You're kidding, right? So all actors that play docs on TV/movies have "extensive ER experience and medical research"? ROFL

If that were the case, perhaps they would get something as simple as a code done correctly. You're right about about defibbing on bare skin, but what about gel pads or just gel? And how about intubation? I don't recall her asking for an injection of Lidocaine.....etc, etc.

Every show with a doc in it has a medical advisor/consultant and so far this season, the SG-1 med advisor has been fast asleep.

As for Ms. Doig's acting, I'll withhold final judgement until I've seen her in more than one or two episodes.
                        On fighting:
                        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

You're kidding, right? So all actors that play docs on TV/movies have "extensive ER experience and medical research"? ROFL
                          ER experience in the sense that she can at least visit one and ask questions of folks that work there. She obviously won't be allowed to treat people but she can watch folks interact. At least doing some research would help. Though I don't know if Lexa does such things. I just can speculate.

If that were the case, perhaps they would get something as simple as a code done correctly. You're right about about defibbing on bare skin, but what about gel pads or just gel? And how about intubation? I don't recall her asking for an injection of Lidocaine.....etc, etc.
                          They could have done the proceedure more accurately, maybe having
                          Lexa do all the other stuff would have taken to much time and if it were
                          done, would have been edited anyway. Hopefully they will be more careful in
                          future eppys.
                          Last edited by dec55; 02 August 2005, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Go Lexa! I think Lexa is a great fit with the cast and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her. We have the most popular actors of the best sci-fi shows all in Stargate!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by cjnol; 03 August 2005, 06:42 AM. Reason: type

Comment

What do you think of my new sig

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

I love those!!!!! Great Lexa sigs qasimjavid and cjnol!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X