Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllowedToNameAnything.Ever.
    Just read that lexa doig will be on sg1. anyone have any clue what she will be playing (anything but an andoriod please.) Will she be a love interest to her real life hubby one danny jackson. Most of all I want to know if we can expect a little cat fighting. Cluadia vs. Lexa.

Truth be told its time for someone to settle down on the show. I can't name four people in my life that have had that bad of luck with relationships. Heck T seems to be the one having the most luck with the ladies. Though I would advice against marriage. Both T and Jacksons wives where killed. Heck even scara who was soon to be married. See carter was just trying to save petes life. Kind of fill sorry for Ry'ac.
    She's gonna be the new general's daughter too, I think, which doesnt seem like a good idea.

Comment

Yes, she will be playing a new doctor at the SGC. Her character is also the daughter of the new general, played by Beau Bridges.

Comment

Do a search and/or check the actual Gateworld website and you'll quickly find as much of her story as you are interested to read.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing her. Right now I'm thinking a Mitchell-Lam-ship. Daniel has Vala. Lam needs someone and since it can't be me, I choose Mitchell.

No need to thank me Ben.

Comment

I just saw Doig on Avalon Pt. 2 and I must say I am impressed! I just hope she is in more episodes.

** Sorry for bumping this old thread.

I didn't want to start another Doig thread if there was already one made, and she might be an interesting character to talk about.
            Last edited by BaKsHi; 22 July 2005, 06:15 PM. Reason: Apology

Comment

She will be, and I agree, she did impress. At least, she did not disappoint. If the writers are as smart as I think they are, they will at least mold her character after Frazier. You know, make her the same kind of caring doctor.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Outside of her talk with Landry, I definitely saw some shades of Fraiser in Doig's performance. She runs into the same problem that any young, undeniably hot actress runs into in the role of a doctor or scientist--namely, that there's no way in hell she'd BE a doctor or scientist and she was likely just cast for her looks--but she definitely did a convincing job.
                Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Well she's wearing cotton now...

Comment

As for people saying she shouldnt be working under her father it seems that they were both assigned at the same time and didnt know the other was coming
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                      Outside of her talk with Landry, I definitely saw some shades of Fraiser in Doig's performance. She runs into the same problem that any young, undeniably hot actress runs into in the role of a doctor or scientist--namely, that there's no way in hell she'd BE a doctor or scientist and she was likely just cast for her looks--but she definitely did a convincing job.

Really? You don't think a female doc or scientist can be hot? Try again. You need glasses or are you just still stuck in the 60's?

As for Lexa Doig, sorry, but I didn't see any shades of Fraiser, I thought her acting was stilted, and tptb need a new technical advisor, because that "code" she ran was a joke! Vala wasn't even tubed. Give me a break.....
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Jack assigned them both, he shouldnt have done that. This would not seem to mesh with normal military regulations. The only way this can even really be justified is if she is bringing something more to the table than we are seeing. As Carson said in SGA there are many, many people even more qualified then himself. So I find it hard to beleive that Lamb is the most qualified CMO for the SGC. So unless we get info indicating that Lamb is some type of prodigy or somthing then I can only assume this was Jack trying to "stick it to the man" and violate regulation to help out a friend. Nepotism at its best.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                          Jack assigned them both, he shouldnt have done that. This would not seem to mesh with normal military regulations. The only way this can even really be justified is if she is bringing something more to the table than we are seeing. As Carson said in SGA there are many, many people even more qualified then himself. So I find it hard to beleive that Lamb is the most qualified CMO for the SGC. So unless we get info indicating that Lamb is some type of prodigy or somthing then I can only assume this was Jack trying to "stick it to the man" and violate regulation to help out a friend. Nepotism at its best.
                          Excellent points. I agree. Bad job on the part of the writers, what were they thinking??????
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I prefer Fraiser as the Doctor but ofcourse that won't be happening. I also think Fraiser would have tried harder to keep spoiler(vala alive instead of calling it so fast)

Comment

the doc is hot i want a piece of her

Comment

lexa is married to micheal shanks?

Comment

Working...
                                X