No announcement yet.

Vala Mal Doran/Claudia Black WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big Vala fan and an even bigger Claudia Black fan. I'll watch anything she does.

I was going to pull out an episode of Farscape to watch before going to bed, but it's already way past my bedtime. I'll pick something to watch tomorrow morning. After reading those interviews (thanks ValaMalduran and FarscapeFran!) I think I'll pull out The Choice. A truly fabulous episode with a remarkable performance by Claudia. I never get tired of watching that episode.

The interviews also reminded me that I still have a copy of the movie Pitch Black which I still haven't watched yet. Really should do that.
    Last edited by meredithchandler73; 03 February 2007, 10:02 PM. Reason: forgot to include FarscapeFran in thank you!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Thanks for the interviews and the caps

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
        I love Vala. She is an awesome character. So funny. She has been a great addition to Stargate imo. Claudia Black is very good at showing how much of a diverse character Vala can be emotionally.

I really hope she is in the 3rd series in some form
        ITA. It's amazing how CB can create two such amazing and different characters. A lot of actors seem like they're playing the same role in every movie/tv show they're in but CB really has created two distinct chatacters. Part of the that is the writing, but part of that is the different energy Claudia brings to Vala than she had with Aeryn.

I'm usually more drawn to male characters (because I find them more interesting) but Vala has become one of my favorites. I just love the fun and humor she brings to the show. But she's not just one-note, she's one of the more complicated characters and she can be equal parts funny and heart-wrenching...which isn't always an easy task.

Am I gushing?

So, yeah, I'd definitely follow CB onto whatever project she does next. I really hope she makes an appearance or is in the third Stargate series somehow.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Something almost as fabled as the Holy Grail : ONE

A.
          VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

The One! I only saw that trailer for it very recently, though I'd heard Claudia mention it long before that. I *so* want to see that!!!

So, I still have the Pitch Black DVD - unopened - on my shelf. But I don't quite feel like pulling it out to watch right now. I actually have all the Hercules DVDs, but I didn't get into it as much as I thought I would. (I bought them all after becoming addicted to Xena.) I watched the TV movies and the first season. Anyway, I never got around to Claudia's episodes on Hercules. Can anyone tell me if I need to know any backstory to watch her particular episodes? Maybe I should just give that whole series another try since I'm done/all caught up with SG-1, SGA, Farscape and BSG. And I'm in between DVDs in my Netflix rental queue.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
              The One! I only saw that trailer for it very recently, though I'd heard Claudia mention it long before that. I *so* want to see that!!!

So, I still have the Pitch Black DVD - unopened - on my shelf. But I don't quite feel like pulling it out to watch right now. I actually have all the Hercules DVDs, but I didn't get into it as much as I thought I would. (I bought them all after becoming addicted to Xena.) I watched the TV movies and the first season. Anyway, I never got around to Claudia's episodes on Hercules. Can anyone tell me if I need to know any backstory to watch her particular episodes? Maybe I should just give that whole series another try since I'm done/all caught up with SG-1, SGA, Farscape and BSG. And I'm in between DVDs in my Netflix rental queue.
              Xena just came back on my radar recently so, my friends and I are starting to watch old Xena episodes...so I just got the first disc of the first season in my Netflix. I won't lie to you, I used to be obsessed with this show....okay, I used to be obsessed with the hottness that was Ares You know what I'm talking about Something about a man in leather....

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                Xena just came back on my radar recently so, my friends and I are starting to watch old Xena episodes...so I just got the first disc of the first season in my Netflix. I won't lie to you, I used to be obsessed with this show....okay, I used to be obsessed with the hottness that was Ares You know what I'm talking about Something about a man in leather....

-Stef
                Ah, Kevin Smith was a beautiful man. As with most shows, I never really rooted for any particular ship on Xena, but there were some MAJORLY hot scenes between Lucy Lawless and Kevin Smith. Yummm.

I used to be obsessed with Xena as well. I wish that the one episode that Claudia Black was in could have been a better one. And Claudia didn't even really guest star on Xena. It was a clip show using scenes from a failed TV pilot called Amazon High. I would have liked to have seen Lucy Lawless and Claudia Black actually work together.

I did end up watching Claudia's first appearance on Hercules today (the episode called Atlantis) and she was good in it. SOOO strange to hear her doing an American accent though. I'm used to only hearing it here and there on Farscape commentaries when she's joking around. I personally LOVE Claudia's actual accent.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  Ah, Kevin Smith was a beautiful man. As with most shows, I never really rooted for any particular ship on Xena, but there were some MAJORLY hot scenes between Lucy Lawless and Kevin Smith. Yummm.

I used to be obsessed with Xena as well. I wish that the one episode that Claudia Black was in could have been a better one. And Claudia didn't even really guest star on Xena. It was a clip show using scenes from a failed TV pilot called Amazon High. I would have liked to have seen Lucy Lawless and Claudia Black actually work together.

I did end up watching Claudia's first appearance on Hercules today (the episode called Atlantis) and she was good in it. SOOO strange to hear her doing an American accent though. I'm used to only hearing it here and there on Farscape commentaries when she's joking around. I personally LOVE Claudia's actual accent.

Yes, there were some hot Xena/Ares scenes. I think that's how my friends and I started getting into it....we were watching some YouTube music videos for them (). Fun stuff!

Anyway, I don't remember seeing Claudia on Hercules...but then again, I probably didn't know who she was at the time either. Maybe I'll have to check that out

As for her accent....I was always confused about what it was. She's Australian, but it always sounded somewhat British to me. That article that I think ValaMalDuran posted earlier explained that bit though...now I don't feel like such an idiot. I remember her doing a American accent, at least somewhat, on Farscape in "Out of Their Minds" when she was supposed to be "John" in Aeryn's body. That was a fun episode!

-Stef

Comment

Thanks for the interviews!

Good morning, everyone!

Comment

V: Watch where you point that flashlight.
                      T: Are you accusing me of inappropriate behavior?
                      V: No, I'm attempting to coax you into it.

Comment

V: (thinking) Nice looking bum.

T: What is the purpose of placing your hand on my bum?
                        V: Just testing a hypothesis.

Comment

Comment

Hey Addy

LMAO for thr T/V manipulation.

Comment

V: Do I detect your breathing has increased?
                              T: Indeed.
                              V: Are you sure you want me to remove my hand?

Comment

Originally posted by valaCB View Post
                                Hey Addy

LMAO for thr T/V manipulation.
                                Thanks. I came across these moments whilst playing with Avalon this morning. I've got some D/V waiting to be edited.

Comment

Working...
                                X