Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Hive
    replied
    It took me a while to warm up to Vala as a character (I've only seen her from Season 9 onwards, so I don't know what she was like in Season ... 8? I believe she was in?). Her upbeat, plucky attitude was a bit refreshing, but also a bit annoying when the atmosphere isn't and she tries to throw in a few awkward innuendos because ... quirky!

I do think that she was criminally underused in Seasons 9 and 10 though. Her intro into Season 9 was terribly boring, and the fact she was shoved off to the side for the majority of the season was a bit pants. I would have liked to have seen more of her perspective with her relationship to Adria. It was never as complex as I would have liked it to have been, and Vala definitely did not deserve to have a Mystical Pregnancy forced onto her ... ugh.

But overall I really did enjoy her character. Although, if I were her I would have kicked Daniel straight in the nuts after what he said to her during Unending and left him to be sad and lonely.

Leave a comment:

• Geryalex
    replied
    This is so cool!
    (High time I watched Fizzy Connections too...)

Leave a comment:

• Demonique
    replied
    Claudia and her son Odin are voicing mother and son in Dragon Age Inquisition - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhIbiMUpm0

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Righto! Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• campylobacter
    replied
    I've corrected it because the original link went to a PDF even though it had a .aspx extension. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Let's see if this link works to the Awards and pages Canadian Screen Awards 2014-Nominees

Canadian Screen Awards

Keep hitting a "Dead" link to the Nominees.

Leave a comment:

• campylobacter
    replied
    Claudia Black Nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Series, Canadian Screen Awards 2014

Claudia Black as Moira in "Magic Hour" Parts 1 & 2 (episodes 7 & 8 of Season 3) Haven TV series

Last edited by campylobacter; 16 January 2014, 08:29 AM. Reason: link

Leave a comment:

• campylobacter
    replied
    Claudia Black Nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Series, Canadian Screen Awards 2014

tumblr_inline_mzdeflkGUq1qddjwf.jpg

Claudia Black as Moira in "Magic Hour" Parts 1 & 2 (episodes 7 & 8 of Season 3) Haven TV series

csa2014-nom.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Everlovin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Lady Blue
    replied
    Nice pictures. I don't know any of Claudia's other work, but Vala was great.

Leave a comment:

• poundpuppy29
    replied
    I love Vala & Claudia too I also love Aeryn I am a Claudia Black Fan Girl cause of those 2 characters I discovered Vala first then Aeryn

Leave a comment:

• The Lady Blue
    replied
    Okay, so I'm new to this thread but I love Vala. Today I felt like playing around with a nice picture of Claudia and this is what I've got:

I think she has wonderful hair, and it's no coincidence that it looked like the hair stylist people had a lot of fun playing with it from pig-tails to spiral curls.

Leave a comment:

• Skydiver
    replied
    A little thread spamming in an effort to make sure folks aren't caught off guard this weekend

Heads up re the next Server Move:

Estimated downtime will be 3-4hrs between the 11th and 14th of October.
    Changes to DNS settings will be nearly instantaneous for most of us, but propagation (ie reconnection to the new server address) may take hours,or as much as 24-48 hours to reach everyone, since it depends on your ISP.

If there are any changes to that schedule,or any other info,we'll try to let you all know in advance via the Ask the Mods thread ,this thread ,the Alphasite and/or GW Twitter.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Feel free to pass the info around.

Leave a comment:

• OztrAlien
    replied
    Happy Birthday, Claudia!

Leave a comment:

• K5Rakitan
    replied
    I Loooove her clothes.

Leave a comment:

Working...