X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot holes??
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      One of the things I always loved about the line is the implication by TPTB that there have been other missions that we have not seen between 'The Enemy Within' and this ep. An infinite world of possibilities spark in my head.
      Me too! I'd forgotten this until you pointed it out. Yes, I like the idea of the unseen, "boring" missions...kinda like the ones where Pol sometimes does with her campfires

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      In "The Fifth Race", when jack inputs all of the new gate address i noticed that there were about 30 plus gates by that point of time. 30 planets in over a year?
      But don't they also have all the addresses from the Gou'ald cartouche? presumably those worked as soon as stellar drift was accounted for. Or was that what took the time to calculate? Now I'm confused.

Anyone know which episode it is that sam mentions the "2-3" a month line?

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
        But don't they also have all the addresses from the Gou'ald cartouche? presumably those worked as soon as stellar drift was accounted for. Or was that what took the time to calculate? Now I'm confused.

Anyone know which episode it is that sam mentions the "2-3" a month line?
        Yes, it was calculating stellar drift that took so much time. On one hand that's a bit strange since you'd expect them to simply enter it into a standard formula (already existing or formulated by Sam, which she is clearly capable of if she can write the program) but on the other hand it's possible that the actual glyphs have changed over the last few centuries, since they seem to indicate points in space so perhaps figuring out their individual locations and which one's next is what takes up all the time?

The line was taken from Children of the Gods, a little over halfway through.

HAMMOND
        Colonel you've had the most experience of fighting this hostile, assuming you have to defend yourself in the field, are you up to it?
        O'NEILL
        We beat 'em once.
        HAMMOND
        I'll take that as a maybe. Captain Carter, you're confident that Stargate will take us where we want to go with this new information?
        CARTER
        Well, they're feeding the revised coordinates into the targeting computer right now. It'll take time to calculate but it should spit out two or three destinations a month.
        HAMMOND
        People, let's not fool ourselves here. This thing is both vast and dangerous, and we are so far over our heads we can barely see daylight. We would all be much better off if the Stargate had been left in the ground.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
          The stellar drift calculations are a necessity only for the SGC's dialling computer. Active DHDs in the stargate network all talk to each other and regularly update and fine tune their actual stellar coordinates. Otherwise Felger's Avenger virus would never have been attempted in the first place.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
            The stellar drift calculations are a necessity only for the SGC's dialling computer. Active DHDs in the stargate network all talk to each other and regularly update and fine tune their actual stellar coordinates. Otherwise Felger's Avenger virus would never have been attempted in the first place.
            Yes, that I understood (yay!). The Corelative updates. However, we're trying to solve the mystery of why it takes so long for the SGC computer to calculate stellar drift for the Abydos Cartouche addresses.

Fems, I think you're right - if each glyph represents a constellation (which is what Daniel figured), then perhaps the points in space where each star is located need to be calculated separately.

Comment

This is where I blank out. Science of any kind just can't agree with me.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I know I'm skipping rather ahead given we are doing season 1 re-watch, but can i just share my happiness at getting back to my first watch of SG1 season 10 and the fact I have just seen '200' for the first time. I loved the wedding scene and Jack making Sam call him Jack not sir. I loved all the looks between them, adn i love that we got proper wedding pics as promo pics.

Generally though I'm loving the happier, bubblier, more confident Sam who still seems to have everyman from her past falling at her feet, but she just brushes them off one by one!!! Loving it, just a shame there isn't more Jack
                sigpic
                Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                  I know I'm skipping rather ahead given we are doing season 1 re-watch, but can i just share my happiness at getting back to my first watch of SG1 season 10 and the fact I have just seen '200' for the first time. I loved the wedding scene and Jack making Sam call him Jack not sir. I loved all the looks between them, adn i love that we got proper wedding pics as promo pics.

Generally though I'm loving the happier, bubblier, more confident Sam who still seems to have everyman from her past falling at her feet, but she just brushes them off one by one!!! Loving it, just a shame there isn't more Jack
                  Ah...I remember my first time *stare wistfully & pats Suzi on the head*
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post

Oh I love the knowing look that passes between them when a wedding is mentioned. SO MARRIED!
                    Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

CARTER: What a relief. I have never been so happy to see you guys.
                      O'NEILL: Oh, sure you have! Remember that time on P3X-595?
                      O'NEILL: You drank that stuff that made you take off…
                      CARTER: Ahem. We won't get into that now.

Has anyone written a *decent* fic about the mysterious P3X-595?
                      I understand the implication being made, but it could be a good fic without resorting to smut falling over the edge of the abyss.

Pol -will YOU ever write a fic about that one??? *hint, hint*?
                      Short, extremely funny new one-shot by Nynaeve:

That One Time on P3X-595

I guess she tired of my whining. LOL
                      Nothing very guttery here (that was one of my complaints) -just mentioning some...umm...unmentionables.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

That One Time on P3X-595

Nothing very guttery here (that was one of my complaints) -just mentioning some...umm...unmentionables.
                        Secretly I didn't want Pol to get distracted from her larger, more important Campfires (she might actually have a life, but I refuse to acknowledge it until Campfires is complete. I'm terrible).

It's funny because I've thought about that throwaway line a ton of times, but I'd never sat down and gone "Huh, what could be both embarrassing AND funny?"

Glad you enjoyed it ^^

Comment

That One Time on P3X-595

Fantastic ficlette, just what that comment needed. Something quite simple but funny, I could just see the images of it in my head
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                            Secretly I didn't want Pol to get distracted from her larger, more important Campfires (she might actually have a life, but I refuse to acknowledge it until Campfires is complete. I'm terrible).

It's funny because I've thought about that throwaway line a ton of times, but I'd never sat down and gone "Huh, what could be both embarrassing AND funny?"

Glad you enjoyed it ^^
                            GateWorld won't let me green you, so:
                            No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                            It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

That One Time on P3X-595

Loved the little ficlet thanks for sharing it with us Sorry I haven't been talking a lot on the forum lately I've found a new obsession in photoshop! I've always watched as everyone created beautiful art and had no idea how to do it, but with the motivation and teaching from my fellow shippers I'm actually doing it

Thanks so much to SaraBahama for the lovely banner and review. I loved this episode, especially the teasing Daniel and Jack gave same when she complained about the dress.

: Uh, I guess the kid doesn't get out much. Look uh, I will not wear this thing over my face. (She picks up the silk face cover.) I don't care how much embroidery it has on it. And this dress, or whatever it's called, I mean I can't move, I can't walk.

still has that smile on his face.

: I don't know, It...it kind of works for me.

: It's, it's you, it's...

: It's you.

: Defiantly you. (SAM looks like she wants to kick them both. JACK looks at DANNY and waves his finger.)

Anyway here are a few more arties for this episode before we just onto the next one:

made by JasminaGo

made by Ikorni

made by Padme

Have a good day everyone
                              sigpic

Comment

Thank you all! I'm glad I could oblige and fill SaraBahama's void in life...er fic

And those are some great graphics

Comment

Working...
                                X