Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    We can still watch a few together around holidays, but I do have some other plans in the works for Shipsgiving and Shipmas. I think it will keep everyone busy and in a very shippy mood.
    Looking forward to your shippy plans, hlndncr, as always!

Comment

Looking forward to the upcoming ship days, I only just joined on ship day so wasn't really involved but looking forward to being part of it all this time
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
        Looking forward to the upcoming ship days, I only just joined on ship day so wasn't really involved but looking forward to being part of it all this time
        It's a wild and crazy time for all of us. Non-stop partying. Sometimes...people run through the thread nekkid

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          It's a wild and crazy time for all of us. Non-stop partying. Sometimes...people run through the thread nekkid

If ship day is anything to guage by, as the 24 hours draw to a close, the nekkid-ness runs rampant!
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

oh my!!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Teal'c.jpg

*raises eyebrow like Teal'c* Indeed.
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Attention All Shippers Interested in Season 1 Rewatch

SGSuzi and I decided to lead a shipper rewatch here on the thread after getting so much positive feedback. We're still working on the logistics and putting together a schedule but I was wondering if anyone was willing to create any art or banners for season 1. There are a lot of great artists on this forum and I was hoping I could put them to work If you're interested in creating a banner for a specific episode or general rewatch art please let me know

We're also looking for volunteers to do write-ups (reviews) for the individual episodes. If you fancy doing even one, please PM me! Let me know how many episodes you'd like to do, if there's any dates you know you won't be around, and if there are any episodes you particularly do or don't want to review. This is a great opportunity for our new members (including me) to share our thoughts about our favorite show and of course our favorite couple Here's an example from a previous season 8 rewatch to show you what you would need to do for the review .

Each write-up consists of:
                Summary of the Episode- you can write up your own description or use the summaries found on the Stargate Wiki
                Favorite Scene
                Favorite Dialogue
                General Discussion- thoughts on the specific episode
                Sam and Jack- The best part of each episode!! Your thoughts on their relationship or moments you noticed between our favorite couple.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!Thanks everyone!
                sigpic

Comment

Look at the newbie enthusiasm!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    Look at the newbie enthusiasm!
                    I am so please I found this site, im just a bit sad i wasn't involved when SG1 was originally airing, and I have no excuse, i was old enough and i remember it being on, i just never got into it then. I blame the original movie, I saw it at the cinema and wasn't over impressed and i guess thats why i just didn't bother to watch the show
                    sigpic

Comment

I am so please I found this site, im just a bit sad i wasn't involved when SG1 was originally airing, and I have no excuse, i was old enough and i remember it being on, i just never got into it then. I blame the original movie, I saw it at the cinema and wasn't over impressed and i guess thats why i just didn't bother to watch the show
                      I didn't enjoy the original movie, which I'd watched in college. My husband introduced me to the show and I started watching just after S.8, but we didn't have cable so I had to wait for the DVDs

I don't think there's anything to be upset about LOL - we all discover shows in due time.

Comment

I watched SG-1 when it first aired, and was online as a member of Gateworld when it was still on the old Delphi forum, reading and joining in the conversations about the episodes. This continued when Gateworld moved to this site, with the anticipation of episodes such as 'Threads' to talk about, and then discuss once it had aired.

Even although I was around when the episodes first aired, I still enjoy reading everyone's thoughts about the show. It doesn't matter when you first find SG-1 as I still enjoy reading everyone's views. I love the excitement that new members bring to the thread and find it very infectious, making me think back to how I felt when I first watched these episodes.

I'd like to welcome all the new shippers to the family. It makes me happy to see that so many people are discovering the greatness of the ship, and want to share their ideas and thoughts here.
                        sigpic

Comment

well i watched ripple effect last night, aaaaahhhhh pass the mind bleach, what on earth was sam thinking nearly kissing Martouf. I'm presuming it was just the old jolinar thing rearing its ugly head again.

Although I was convinced (and i probably just convinced myself) that the discussions about honeymoon, maternity leave and being happy with someone else were all supposed to make us believe she was with Jack in every other reality. I would have loved to have seen Jacks face if he had walked into the lab with 18 Sam's

totally off topic but i loved it in the next episode when they all went into Landrys office and wouldn't sit in the big red chair
                          sigpic

Comment

well i watched ripple effect last night, aaaaahhhhh pass the mind bleach, what on earth was sam thinking nearly kissing Martouf. I'm presuming it was just the old jolinar thing rearing its ugly head again.

Although I was convinced (and i probably just convinced myself) that the discussions about honeymoon, maternity leave and being happy with someone else were all supposed to make us believe she was with Jack in every other reality. I would have loved to have seen Jacks face if he had walked into the lab with 18 Sam's

totally off topic but i loved it in the next episode when they all went into Landrys office and wouldn't sit in the big red chair
                            Joe Mallozzi (writer of said episode) stated that he meant Jack to be Sam's man in all the reality And I'm a big believer in authorial intent, so therefore, canon. Boom.

Comment

I saw a few eps from seasons 1-3 (probably in the 1st reruns), because hubs and I were poor students and rarely had cable. So when we got the Blu-Ray player that could connect to Netflix for Christmas 2010, we went hog-wild with a personal rewatch. It's nice to have a show that has enough adventure & guns (with respect to the military) to keep hubs interested and enough interpersonal relationships to keep me hooked. Last year was my first time seeing such classics as 'Divide and Conquer' (believe it or not!), 'Grace', 'Lost City', & 'Threads'.

The lack of definitive confirmation sent me looking at fanfic (luckily finding authors like polrobin & Akamaimom right off the bat). Pol encouraged me in my own tentative steps toward fic writing, and pointed me to GW (thanks, Pol!). Dipso is right -the continual waves of newbies brings new life ...and it doesn't matter when you came to the ship...it just keeps sailing.

yes...I think it is definitely those remnants of Jolinar. She seems kind of relieved when it is inturrupted.

Joe Mallozzi (writer of said episode) stated that he meant Jack to be Sam's man in all the reality And I'm a big believer in authorial intent, so therefore, canon. Boom.
                              *giggle-snort*
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I started watching during the hiatus between season 7 and 8. At this time the SciFi (before it became SyFy) channel used to air one episode every day at 6pm. I started on a Monday with the 3rd season episode Legacy and was instantly hooked. Gateworld was a big help to me early on, it's a great resource for new fans. I watched season 8-10 (and all of Atlantis) live. Unfortunately, I didn't discover this forum until the series was already over!

Comment

Working...
                                X