No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched Crystal Skull (season 3) today and found some undiscovered shippiness! At least, I didn't catch this the first time (or second, or third) around..

spoilered to help our newbies out.

Spoiler:

first there's this conversation

Well look at these readings, sir. These are leptons.
    (in that sort-of sarcastic way of his, trying to get her to say more...) Get out.
    (in "science explaining mode")That means something inside this pyramid is slowing down neutrinos. Normally neutrinos pass right through ordinary matter, no matter how dense. I mean, something like five hundred million billion just passed through you.
    No matter how dense?
    continues to explain whilst slightly smirking

Then there's this one almost right after

Hey. If you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.
    I heard.

[Carter smiles at Jack's comment about neutrinos. it's a full blown "laugh at jack's alternate wording" smile. ]

Everything.

A very cute moment

Comment

Not sure how I'm going to cope after the end of season 8, I love the team together, and I love the potential for shippy moments in every episode, I'll just have to re watch from the beginning and read some fanfic
      sigpic
      Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
        Not sure how I'm going to cope after the end of season 8, I love the team together, and I love the potential for shippy moments in every episode, I'll just have to re watch from the beginning and read some fanfic
        Yes. Do that. There are plenty of talented fanfic writers floating around here

I myself am considering a re-re-rewatch of the series
        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
          Watched Crystal Skull (season 3) today and found some undiscovered shippiness! At least, I didn't catch this the first time (or second, or third) around..

A very cute moment
          Very cute indeed

That's what I'm doing all the time. I only just recently discovered the wonderful world of fanfic (how could I have missed this?!?) and I'm having such a good time

Ooh and my best friend Sasha has convinced me to write my first Sam/Jack fic ever I'm so excited!

forever!
          sigpic
          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
            Yes. Do that. There are plenty of talented fanfic writers floating around here

I myself am considering a re-re-rewatch of the series
            I'm up to Emancipation in my rewatch (not far I know but I'm in the middle of moving) and I'd forgotten how much shippiness there is in that ep. Just a lot of Jack being overly protective of his captain and then very proud of her when she beats the other guy. Love it!
            Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Fanfic is a good way to continue with the ship! Some really good and well written fic out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                Fanfic is a good way to continue with the ship! Some really good and well written fic out there!
                the only problem?....addiction!!!
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  You know before season 8 aired they were goin to bring two new characters: Colonel Kyle Hooper and Dr. Maggie Greer. I think they were to replace Jack and Daniel when jack was promoted and Daniel wanting to go to atlantis. Hooper was described as a Young jack O'neill and Greer was an archeologist.
                  Interestingly enough, I've heard that Ben Bowder was originally considered for the role of Pete. I'm glad he didn't do it.

S9 & 10 are not too bad (have you seen them before?) -if you are watching for the shippy subtext.

Like in the first (or second?) ep when Sam and Cam have a video conference and he asks her to come back, and she says she wanted the job (at Area 51) for a reason....

*squees and passes out*
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                    Interestingly enough, I've heard that Ben Bowder was originally considered for the role of Pete. I'm glad he didn't do it.

S9 & 10 are not too bad (have you seen them before?) -if you are watching for the shippy subtext.

Like in the first (or second?) ep when Sam and Cam have a video conference and he asks her to come back, and she says she wanted the job (at Area 51) for a reason....

*squees and passes out*
                    She's watching them for the first time. I agree with you though while Jack may not be there if you listen closely they do give shippers a few hints... password is FISHING!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      the only problem?....addiction!!!
                      Addiction? I'm not addicted; nope so siree.

Goes off to get / fanfic fix.
                      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I think we're all a little addicted lol.. but that's a good thing Just watched The Other Guys from season 6 and I couldn't stop laughing!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                          I've been rewatching season 8, along with every other season lately lol and I've noticed that Daniel seems to be doing more then Sam. Maybe it's just me but I feel like he's getting more screen time then Sam. She must be off spending all that time with he who must not be named :X
                          I also think it has an off-screen explanation; MS apparently had a few conditions for coming back and reprising the role of Daniel Jackson (including more screen time, probably and as you can see from seasons 9 and 10 more say in what his character does/wear etc).

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                          Colonel Kyle Hooper sounds a little like Cameron lol. I'm really glad Daniel stayed... most shows have a hard time keeping their fan base once they start changing all the characters. It's never the same when you start changing out characters though sometimes the change is for the better I'll always miss Jack running off on adventures with the rest of SG1!
                          He does sound like Cameron. This is the first time I've heard about these two new characters, though. Perhaps TPTB weren't sure whether the old cast would sign up for another season?

Anyway, regarding Daniel; I agree it's good that he came back (although I liked Jonas Quinn too) but in the end of the show I felt it was more Daniel in name than actual 'person' with the way he suddenly became GI Daniel in the last two seasons. Plus with Vala around he just became pathetic in my eyes.

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                          Just watched this one. Last episode I watched was 'It's good to be King' and it kind of makes up for it a little

tehehe...hallway...tehe
                          The flowers in It's Good to be King and don't forget the phone call in the beginning of Citizen Joe! Sam and Jack were so flirting!

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Really? That's a first for me. I did know he was supposed to get the part of John Sheppard but for some reason that didn't happen. Maybe they were filming that last movie for Farscape? I don't know, not familiar with the timing of things back then.
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm so glad to know there is some scope for shippiness in S9 and S10, im already finding a difference in the feel of the show in S8 where the team is not so much a team anymore, the episodes are more individual centred.

So i watched Affinity last night, I actually enjoyed it more than i was expecting, aside the obvious anti-ship part, with he who should not be spoken about, the episode was actually quite funny, even though I'm sure it had morphed into NCIS at one point (or would that be ACIS?)

I loved Sam's rant, then when she went back to Teal's relationship, Daniel saying 'I thought we were, hows things?
                            The Sam/Jack discussion has so many ways of interpreting it im still not sure what to make of it, doubts, encouragement, invitation to intervene now and stop anything further happening with Pete I don't know, would be interested to hear others thoughts.

I also watched covenant and sacrifices last night, covenenant, practically no ship whatsoever that i noticed, sacrifices i loved, the hallway scene is great, although not sure why he felt he had to let go of her, it was hardly an affectionate hold, but when he was looking at the women and sam grabbed him and pulled him away was hilarious.

Also the bit where Jack says to Teal's 'i find that putting you fingers in your ears and humming loudly always works' made me think that Jack was referring to a different wedding.
                            When they were stood watching the ceremony, Sam looked over at Jack with quite a pained look.

so possibly another 3 episodes tonight, getting closer to that threads episode
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Well I have some fic I've written for post-S.8 - I try to stay in canon or canon-compatible so I base my stories on my own interpretation of events ^^ I think S.8 is very shippy in the angst way (I trace it through in my story The Fundamental Theorem of Samantha Carter).

As for S.9 & 10, while there are some that are irked at Sam's not being in command but I tend to use the excuse that if she's not in command, she's not doing the paperwork And less paperwork means more time to do what? Fly to DC to see a certain General Jack O'Neill.

Egads. All this talk makes me want to write more fanfic for post S.8. Curse all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                Egads. All this talk makes me want to write more fanfic for post S.8. Curse all of you.
                                For new fic we'll talk, talk... Talk some more!

Comment

Working...
                                X