No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think the Unending fix it could have been a Jess fic. It's been so long since I read anything and I am trying to write a fic for the SDficathon.... but don't know how that will end up.

It's (my first) Apocalypse fic (ending of the world thingy) and it's more of an AU "what if Ark of Truth didn't work"... it's my second fic since eager beaver *points to self* got key stroke happy and deleted her first one. But I like the concept the muse is throwing at me. It's sad, she is throwing ME bones, not the other way around.

*happy post-con hug to all* There are so many con reports floating around, I wonder if I should bother. but the highlight of it is, I got the courage to ask a question about how they all started out being friends in S1, and by the end there are only a few friendships still shown. (I was channeling Jess, and the small SD group that was at the con) I asked if she could have changed the SD FRIENDSHIP to be shown more would she, and thoughts. (ok said way different...) and she said.... she was sad that they didn't show their friendship as much anymore!!!! When I got to the signing, instead of asking her about the Virtual Hug in the Box we did LAST year, I asked again about the SD componant. She said that it was a shame they didn't use them more, or have them interacting as much. So we have one half of the team on our side!! (oh ya, I had a blast, and everyone should come to AT4 next year *nods head* she is the most.... wow... and .... aww... and ..... sincere.... and... and... she looks stunning - even when there is millimeters between you and her)

love the rest of my trip too, am still uploading pics, but here are some LONDON pics I had a horrid seat for AT3, but will try to upload some pics of mine there too. I'll try to keep ya'll updated... and be more active. I'm a bad groupie.
    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

I have an OT post...my newest nephew was born this afternoon I'm thrilled to have another baby in the family! Hopefully the next baby will be mine that won't be for a few years though...

Spoiler:

Comment

Okay, looks like my posts crossed a few others last night... Heh, sorry about that. That's what I get for suddenly getting busy with something else, then not refreshing the page before I'm set to reply. Oh well...

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post
        Hmm, and speaking of pics.....here's two (as one) from Dominion.

Spoiler:
        http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee212/dem81/sdlook.jpg
        Ooh... very nice!! (and love your caption, Amaranth...*grins like idiot*). I hope you don't mind, but I made a wallpaper based on your pic. I won't post it here yet - I'll share it as part of the S/D-Thon, but I just wanted to let you know I used it and will credit you for the pic.

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
        Have you seen the new pics from Continuum? Another SD pic is included. Here is the SD one:
        Spoiler:
        http://repro-network.net/release/SGCTU-S-0059.jpg
        Not the best picture, but it shows that they do have scenes. ::sighs happy SD sigh::

Not liking this one, but SD is in it.
        Spoiler:
        Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my God! Look at this picture! http://repro-network.net/release/SGCTU-S-0066.jpg This is not good. I was hoping the leg thing was just a rumour. An unhappy rumour.
        Originally posted by MerryK View Post
        I love how Sam looks the most worried for Daniel, with her hands clenched. No matter how few scenes they get, Michael and Amanda always work in all the subtle thing they can in the background!
        Yep, I noticed that too. I love how they work in those nice, subtle things. When Amanda was at Shore Leave 2 years ago, someone asked her about the Sam/Daniel (or maybe it was Sam/Daniel/Teal'c) moments in season 10. She said there obviously weren't many, but that she and Michael tried to get as many little things between each other (little looks especially) and they hoped the producers would not edit them out.

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
        *ahem* I'd like to make a little announcement. Rather a bit off-topic, hence the spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
        Late last night, one of my parents' huskies had puppies! Four healthy, sweet, adorable, so-cute-you-could-just-eat-them-up puppies!

Disclaimer: In no way do I recommend or endorse the eating of puppies, cute or otherwise!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1632.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/DSC03056.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...DSC03062-2.jpg

SQUEE!!!

That is all.
        *squees silently so as not to disturb the remaining occupants of my house* Awww! So adorable!! Congrats to Mama Husky And thanks for sharing these pics!

Unexpected Effect was one of them. Thanks for that. The other one with Sam talking to the other Sam's was like only one page-- and I still haven't been able to find it.

There's another fic I'm looking for. I think it might be Betty Bokor's but I'm not sure. It's a Unending fix-it where Vala somehow remembers everything and encourages Sam to go after Daniel. Do you know which one I mean?

As for the pictures-- yeah I noticed Sam's clenched fist and how worried she looks. And I like the other pic where she's looking at Daniel, even if he is blurry.
        The Unending one was Betty Bokor's... called Never Ending. Very nice fic.

I love that she's looking at Daniel too. You can tell that it's him that she's looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by rebelwriter03 View Post
          i think the Unending fix it could have been a Jess fic. It's been so long since I read anything and I am trying to write a fic for the SDficathon.... but don't know how that will end up.

It's (my first) Apocalypse fic (ending of the world thingy) and it's more of an AU "what if Ark of Truth didn't work"... it's my second fic since eager beaver *points to self* got key stroke happy and deleted her first one. But I like the concept the muse is throwing at me. It's sad, she is throwing ME bones, not the other way around.

*happy post-con hug to all* There are so many con reports floating around, I wonder if I should bother. but the highlight of it is, I got the courage to ask a question about how they all started out being friends in S1, and by the end there are only a few friendships still shown. (I was channeling Jess, and the small SD group that was at the con) I asked if she could have changed the SD FRIENDSHIP to be shown more would she, and thoughts. (ok said way different...) and she said.... she was sad that they didn't show their friendship as much anymore!!!! When I got to the signing, instead of asking her about the Virtual Hug in the Box we did LAST year, I asked again about the SD componant. She said that it was a shame they didn't use them more, or have them interacting as much. So we have one half of the team on our side!! (oh ya, I had a blast, and everyone should come to AT4 next year *nods head* she is the most.... wow... and .... aww... and ..... sincere.... and... and... she looks stunning - even when there is millimeters between you and her)

love the rest of my trip too, am still uploading pics, but here are some LONDON pics I had a horrid seat for AT3, but will try to upload some pics of mine there too. I'll try to keep ya'll updated... and be more active. I'm a bad groupie.
          Hey!! *hugs*

Yay, more Chris fic?? Sounds really interesting! Can't wait to read it, hon

Oh! You know, I was wondering if the Virtual Hug in a Box got stuck in the wormhole between us and Vancouver... I never found out what had happened with it. Never heard from her publicist about receiving it or anything. Would hate to think that everyone donated all those goodies and they never got to her. Maybe it hit a snag on the way to Bridge? Hmm....

But I haven't had a chance to read many AT3 reports yet (and am a little worried since I'm assuming most of them are from S/J shippers who may say something like "someone asked about the incest relationship") so I am glad to hear any tidbits from you!! Very cool that she wishes they'd shown the friendship more. I know she'd said something like that in an interview too... Nice that we have her in our corner

Looking forward to seeing pics!!

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
          I have an OT post...my newest nephew was born this afternoon I'm thrilled to have another baby in the family! Hopefully the next baby will be mine that won't be for a few years though...

Spoiler:
          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/ColSamanthaCarter/100_1509.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...r/100_1513.jpg
          Aww.... what a precious little one!! Congrats hon! *HUGS*

Comment

Spoiler:

Awe, he is so cute. (Usually babies don't look good for a few days after birth.)

And a full head of hair too! (wonder if mom had heartburn?)

Congrats on your new nephew!!!!
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              The Unending one was Betty Bokor's... called Never Ending. Very nice fic.
              Thanks Jess. I've been on a FanFic hunt. Who knew that they'd both end up being by Betty Bokor?

Have you got any new ones coming? I do love your fanfic's.

Oh I saw this great icon today. It was a text icon: Of course it's only happening in fanfic, but why on earth should that mean it's not real? Made me think of SD and other non-canon ships.

sigpic

Banner made by Jess!

Comment

I just rewatched COTG...I love that scene when Sam is practically drooling over her first sight of the DHD on Abydos, and Daniel notices and looks at her with such a deep longing in his face. It's not that he loves her at first sight—he's head over heels for Sha're at that point—but that he realizes his urgent need for intellectual stimulation and how Sam can provide that. And then she responds likewise, grasping onto him as the only one who understands and contributes to her ideas. It's no wonder they grow close after such a first impression! I had forgotten just how powerfully Michael and Amanda play that first meeting.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

I just rewatched COTG...I love that scene when Sam is practically drooling over her first sight of the DHD on Abydos, and Daniel notices and looks at her with such a deep longing in his face. It's not that he loves her at first sight—he's head over heels for Sha're at that point—but that he realizes his urgent need for intellectual stimulation and how Sam can provide that. And then she responds likewise, grasping onto him as the only one who understands and contributes to her ideas. It's no wonder they grow close after such a first impression! I had forgotten just how powerfully Michael and Amanda play that first meeting.
                  In COTG I noticed both S/J sparks in the breafing room and S/D sparks when they first met (bear in mind I didn't see the movie first and didn't know Daniel was married)

Carter: (shaking hands with Daniel) Dr. Jackson, I presume. I'm Doctor Samantha Carter.

O'Neill: I thought you wanted to be called "Captain."

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    In COTG I noticed both S/J sparks in the breafing room and S/D sparks when they first met (bear in mind I didn't see the movie first and didn't know Daniel was married)
                    Now see, I'll acknowledge that Sam and Jack have sparks later, but that's one episode where I have to shake my head and wonder about shipper-tinted glasses...because I see only S/D (and Daniel/Sha're, of course).

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                    ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Thanks Jess. I've been on a FanFic hunt. Who knew that they'd both end up being by Betty Bokor?

Have you got any new ones coming? I do love your fanfic's.

Oh I saw this great icon today. It was a text icon: Of course it's only happening in fanfic, but why on earth should that mean it's not real? Made me think of SD and other non-canon ships.

No problem, hon. And thanks so much, I'm glad you like them. I'm working on a fic right now for the S/D-Thon. Just a silly, fluffy little friendship story. I should have that one done soon.

Hee... that's a cool icon.

Oh, very good point! I noticed that too. Almost as if he was thinking "WHOA - who's this?? Is that scientific conversation I hear?" It did seem as if he needed that and was really happy to get it, especially in that cartouche room scene. Michael and Amanda were great in that scene. I remember Amanda saying that she and Michael would go over their lines (for the pilot) together over glasses of wine. The way they click just came out so well onscreen.

As for sparks between Sam and Jack vs. Sam and Daniel in the ep... I guess we can all see things in different ways. Thanks sally though for bringing up that line... I thought it was interesting how Sam introduced herself to Daniel as "doctor" there (and Jack's snarky line there was great..heh).

Comment

Daniel: "Ewww, get it off, get it off."

Sam: "I'm not touching that."

Jack of camera: "For crying out loud, it's just a garden snake. It won't hurt you."
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

No worries. I just didn't get a chance to devote much time to it this weekend. Trying to brainstorm some ideas for the "action" scene... I have such trouble trying to write those. But I'll be whinging it back to you soon, and I really appreciate the help with it!
                          It's been a rather hellish week on all fronts, but it's finally over. I'll be starting into your story for a real beta tonight and tomorrow. My to-do list for the weekend is about as long as my arm. Yeek! I'll get it back to you as soon as I can though.

Spoiler:
                          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/ColSamanthaCarter/100_1509.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...r/100_1513.jpg
                          Oh! Congratulations, Auntie Col.Sam!

Ooh... very nice!! (and love your caption, Amaranth...*grins like idiot*). I hope you don't mind, but I made a wallpaper based on your pic. I won't post it here yet - I'll share it as part of the S/D-Thon, but I just wanted to let you know I used it and will credit you for the pic.
                          I have a question about the SD-thon. Maybe DropsofAngst can answer it if you don't know, Jess. How do we go about posting our submissions to the SD-thon? Do we wait until the July 11 deadline or just post things as they're finished?

*squees silently so as not to disturb the remaining occupants of my house* Awww! So adorable!! Congrats to Mama Husky And thanks for sharing these pics!
                          They are adorable, aren't they? And they're growing so quickly! Too cute for words, really

Erm. I couldn't help myself. Spoilerized to avoid offending S/J and D/V fans. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
                          : The inscription says "Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala fic".
                          : Fic? What do you think that means?
                          : Only one way to find out.
                          : Be careful, honey, we don't know what's in there.
                          : Ack! It burns!
                          : Medic!
                          ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

for the sd-thon, i say just post. some have.... i think the rest of us are still arguing with our muses... or maybe trying to hunt them down... snooty muses! humpf! I need the number to the complaint department half the time...
                            Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Greetings, all!

It's been a while for me again (I hate work sooo much right now) but I have made it back at last.

Finally uploaded my vid contribution for the Sam/Danielthon. It is a beautiful song with moments from all 10 seasons and one from Ark of Truth.

Falling Slowly

Oh, and I have actually gotten to reading some of drgemini's fanfic... Nice work, there. I'm still trying to find time to do everything I have to do, but I will keep trying to get caught up on fic, too.

Enjoying the pics from everyone, too...
                              The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

I'm quite a ways behind at the moment on posts, but I'll be playing catch up after the weekend. So this is just a brief reply, sorry.

I have a question about the SD-thon. Maybe DropsofAngst can answer it if you don't know, Jess. How do we go about posting our submissions to the SD-thon? Do we wait until the July 11 deadline or just post things as they're finished?
                                Sorry I haven't had a chance yet to reply over on the forum, hon. I've been bogged down by some kinda kidney infection or -something- that's made me feel really sick, so I've not been as active on the internet as I usually am these last two weeks.

To answer your question, however...you're more than welcome to wait until the deadline, if you want, or go ahead and post them as you get them finished. However you'd like to post them is up to you

I look forward to whatever you've got, though...I must say

Erm. I couldn't help myself. Spoilerized to avoid offending S/J and D/V fans. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
                                : The inscription says "Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala fic".
                                : Fic? What do you think that means?
                                : Only one way to find out.
                                : Be careful, honey, we don't know what's in there.
                                : Ack! It burns!
                                : Medic!
                                *laughs* Oh that was goooood!! Too good, thank you for making me laugh!

Spoiler:
                                MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
                                I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
                                this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
                                - John 15:12,13

Comment

Working...
                                X