No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Daniel Jackson Ship/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

((((Kristen)))) May your wedding day be filled with happiness, joy and love. And cake! Have fun hon!! Send us some left over cake to help celebrate!! Or we may just have to have these streamers as decorations.... hey we make do!

Have fun, and S/D will be here waiting!!
    Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Sam/Daniel wally

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
        Hey guys...I'm just passing through. I've been busy with wedding stuff lately, so I have a lot of reading to catch up on. Hopefully I'll have a chance next week sometime to get caught up (that's if his mom lets us borrow her laptop)...I'm so ready for the beach!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...Daniel/153.jpg
        Hon, much love and congrats to you on your special day!! Talk to you later! *HUGS*

Originally posted by Amaranth Traces View Post
        I think the nice weather you sent got lost in transit.

And what's this about meeting a friend instead of working on your fic?? Sheesh. You're as bad as Thraesja. She's all "blah blah...the imminent birth of my firstborn...blah blah".

Honestly. Some people have serious problems getting their priorities in order!
        Dang... well, I know it left me, because it was pretty lousy here yesterday. I'd send you some more, but not sure if you want it this hot....

But, but, but... the muse gave me permission! She was taking a little catnap and said it was okay. Ask her, ask her!

There's plenty more of that kind of lingo online. I just did some quick Googling and Wiki-ing.

*sets up giant fan to blow away fog in Jess's brain*
        Thanks for that The fog is (for the most part) gone. Hopefully the latest version of stuff I sent you kinda illustrates that.

LOL I'm sure they'll be great.

Yay! Congrats, Jess!
        Thank you and thank you again!

Comment

Hi everyone! Just want to drop off some icons I've been working on. My muse is being stubborn about actual fic stuff or workywork stuff, but icons she seems content enough to work on.

Some Sam/Daniel:

Very nice!! Especially the animated ones. Love the "we got married?" one... their expressions are perfect - if not just a bit too innocent (we know what they're really up to... Heh).

Two Sam/Daniel that are non-PG-13:
          Spoiler:
          http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb108/AmaranthTraces/Stargateicon-SD-niceflag.gif

And this one was inspired by/stolen from Jess (thanks Jess!):
          http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...SD-ODaniel.jpg
          Ha! Those are just priceless. Sure, Sam is reacting like Daniel's her sibling in that Threads scene... sure, anti-S/D people, whatever you say...

And that one I inspired/you stole from me was terrific! LOL, I love it! Speaking of which, you just gave me an idea for another one, using another cap of Daniel with a similar expression. So I guess we're about even now.

Also very nice Especially that second Sam one.

I also made some for another fandom (Supernatural), but I don't think this is the right venue for them

Now, I know the Sam Carter one (above) is rather large, but I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to reduce a filesize without losing image quality. Any suggestions?
          I'd love to see the Supernatural ones... hmm, you could always post them in the Supernatural thread here. I've posted some of mine there in the past, and the people there usually love when art is posted there.

You mean the first one? That sort of thing bugs me too... I use Animation Studio to make my icons. Usually there's a way to optimize the file to make the size smaller, but it usually results in loss of image quality. I think black and white images are usually smaller, but I don't think you'd want to give up the color in that icon... Man, I wish I knew of a way...

Originally posted by xXValaXx View Post
          Sam/Daniel wally

Spoiler:
          http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/Sporty-SpiceUK/dansamwall.jpg
          Ooh, very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Speaking of wallies, I guess I'll share that one I was talking about the other day. I took that one combined pic Demelza (DropsofAngst) posted a while back and used it in this wall (hope that's okay, Demelza!).

Click for full size

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Thanks for that The fog is (for the most part) gone. Hopefully the latest version of stuff I sent you kinda illustrates that.
            Excellent. Note to self: Always keep giant fan in pocket in case of emergency brain-fog liftage. I have some workywork to do today, but I'll get to your story soon

Very nice!! Especially the animated ones. Love the "we got married?" one... their expressions are perfect - if not just a bit too innocent (we know what they're really up to... Heh).
            Heh. Found those pics at StargateCaps.com and just had to work them together into some bad animations.

Ha! Those are just priceless. Sure, Sam is reacting like Daniel's her sibling in that Threads scene... sure, anti-S/D people, whatever you say...

And that one I inspired/you stole from me was terrific! LOL, I love it! Speaking of which, you just gave me an idea for another one, using another cap of Daniel with a similar expression. So I guess we're about even now.
            LOL Glad you liked 'em.

I'd love to see the Supernatural ones... hmm, you could always post them in the Supernatural thread here. I've posted some of mine there in the past, and the people there usually love when art is posted there.
            LOL I saw this message last night and headed over there. I had no idea there was a Supernatural thread on GateWorld. So I posted the icons, then decided to see what other threads existed. Found one for Dollhouse and posted some banners I made yesterday there. By the time I finished, I'd forgotten I hadn't replied to you

Ah well, all's well that ends well

You mean the first one? That sort of thing bugs me too... I use Animation Studio to make my icons. Usually there's a way to optimize the file to make the size smaller, but it usually results in loss of image quality. I think black and white images are usually smaller, but I don't think you'd want to give up the color in that icon... Man, I wish I knew of a way...
            Yeah, I used to use Animation Shop (think that's what it was called - was part of the Paint Shop Pro package) but for some reason it refused to install on this computer. So I use The GIMP now.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to set different transition/duration times for each frame. Right now, in order to get frames to display longer, I put in additional copies of the frame. *wrinkles nose* It's not a very efficient method and it inflates filesizes.

I've seen other icons that actually look like short clips from an episode, but now that I think about it, I believe most/all of them were greyscale, so maybe that's why they were smallish filesizes. Hmm.

Speaking of wallies, I guess I'll share that one I was talking about the other day. I took that one combined pic Demelza (DropsofAngst) posted a while back and used it in this wall (hope that's okay, Demelza!).

Click for full size

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60...Deyesonyou.jpg
            Oh, that's nice, Jess

Good work!
            ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Hi, gang! Sorry I've been in absentia...and, thank you so much for the well wishes! *hugs* Just an update there before I get to the actual point of my post, turns out it wasn't my kidneys. They don't know what's making me ill so, today hopefully we're one step closer to figuring it all out. *fingers crossed* Hence why, in my nervousness....I thought it were about time I caught up!!

Amaranth, THAT FIC.....oh my gosh!! I loved it all....especially how one minute we were reading about her friendships with the others, and then the next she was writing to Daniel how she felt....she was angry, upset....*delete* she loved him!! And then she didn't save!! OMG!! I really beg of you to please write another story to follow that because...oh, it needs to be written. It really does. My shippy heart begs of you. Please!!

Also? Those icons? LOVE! They made me squee and giggle and oh, they cheered me right up! Especially the 'we got married?!' one! Hehe!

Jess - That's fine. And I love the wallpaper!! *happy shippy sigh* I just love the way they're looking at each other....and I really love the red. Browns and reds are my fav colours, so squee! Loved it especially more for that

xXValaXx - I loved that scene and how you put all the pics together...and the colours...it's so pretty! I love them being so happy

Spoiler:
              MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
              I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
              this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
              - John 15:12,13

Comment

I was uploading a handful of "Beachhead" caps and came across these two caps. **grins** Enjoy!

I feel like the cap fairy tonight. Been dropping caps all over the place it seems like.

Comment

Excellent. Note to self: Always keep giant fan in pocket in case of emergency brain-fog liftage. I have some workywork to do today, but I'll get to your story soon
                  Thanks for stepping up andbeing my emergency brain-fog lifter. And no rush on my story. The workywork comes first.

Heh. Found those pics at StargateCaps.com and just had to work them together into some bad animations.
                  Aw...wouldn't necessarily call them "bad", meaning, wouldn't call them "bad" at all. You know that scene in Grace where Daniel (or rather Sam's vision of him I guess) was batting his eyelashes at Sam? I made that into an icon, but the animation came out a bit wonky...

LOL I saw this message last night and headed over there. I had no idea there was a Supernatural thread on GateWorld. So I posted the icons, then decided to see what other threads existed. Found one for Dollhouse and posted some banners I made yesterday there. By the time I finished, I'd forgotten I hadn't replied to you

Ah well, all's well that ends well
                  Saw them, loved them. And you saw my picspams...heh, you must think I'm seriously warped now. I'd say more, but it'd get a little too o/t, so it'll have to carry over to email I guess.

Yep, I'd say so.

Yeah, I used to use Animation Shop (think that's what it was called - was part of the Paint Shop Pro package) but for some reason it refused to install on this computer. So I use The GIMP now.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to set different transition/duration times for each frame. Right now, in order to get frames to display longer, I put in additional copies of the frame. *wrinkles nose* It's not a very efficient method and it inflates filesizes.

I've seen other icons that actually look like short clips from an episode, but now that I think about it, I believe most/all of them were greyscale, so maybe that's why they were smallish filesizes. Hmm.
                  That's what I meant - Animation Shop! D'oh... the sweltering heat was baking my brain... need to get some brain ice cubes... But I notice a lot of people like to use ImageReady that comes with Photoshop (which I cannot afford at the moment).

I know Animation Shop has such an option. I'd just right-click on the frame and choose "frame properties", and it'd let you change the duration for each separate one. I'd think GIMP would probably have a similar option, but maybe not?

Yeah, that would make sense to me. I've seen lots of icons that were like that. It doe cut down on the file size a bit.

Oh, that's nice, Jess

Good work!
                  Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DropsOfAngst View Post
                    Hi, gang! Sorry I've been in absentia...and, thank you so much for the well wishes! *hugs* Just an update there before I get to the actual point of my post, turns out it wasn't my kidneys. They don't know what's making me ill so, today hopefully we're one step closer to figuring it all out. *fingers crossed* Hence why, in my nervousness....I thought it were about time I caught up!!

Amaranth, THAT FIC.....oh my gosh!! I loved it all....especially how one minute we were reading about her friendships with the others, and then the next she was writing to Daniel how she felt....she was angry, upset....*delete* she loved him!! And then she didn't save!! OMG!! I really beg of you to please write another story to follow that because...oh, it needs to be written. It really does. My shippy heart begs of you. Please!!

Also? Those icons? LOVE! They made me squee and giggle and oh, they cheered me right up! Especially the 'we got married?!' one! Hehe!

Jess - That's fine. And I love the wallpaper!! *happy shippy sigh* I just love the way they're looking at each other....and I really love the red. Browns and reds are my fav colours, so squee! Loved it especially more for that

xXValaXx - I loved that scene and how you put all the pics together...and the colours...it's so pretty! I love them being so happy
                    ((((Demelza)))) I hope that you find out what's wrong and that it's nothing serious! Sending good thoughts and wishes your way.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the wallpaper - I really do love their expressions there. Especially Sam's... soooo shippy. I'm a big fan of reds myself so I couldn't resist

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
                    I was uploading a handful of "Beachhead" caps and came across these two caps. **grins** Enjoy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...frame25465.jpg
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...frame25473.jpg

I feel like the cap fairy tonight. Been dropping caps all over the place it seems like.
                    Thanks for these, Sasusc! *hugs* Love the caps you've been delivering all over the place lately

Oh, and new fic alert, guys:

Correct Application of Pressure

By Eventhorizon7. Sequel to Ripples from the Heart.

Lovely fic, I highly recommend it.

Comment

Glad it's not your kidneys! But hope they can figure out what the problem really is soon enough so you'll get to feeling better!! ((Hugs))

Wow! Thank you so much! You're not the first to request a sequel, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I didn't write it with the intention of continuing it... I kinda like the angsty ending. *wrinkles nose*

Hee! Glad they made you squee and giggle and cheer up! I'm still learning about graphic design and such and I often find myself trying to imitate effects or concepts that I've seen elsewhere.

Oh, and btw, I forgot to mention when I posted the icons... All the caps I used came from StargateCaps.com <-- fabulous site!

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post

YAY! Thanks

Thanks for stepping up andbeing my emergency brain-fog lifter. And no rush on my story. The workywork comes first.
                      Well, now that Thrae's due date is almost here, I may be in need of some brain-fog liftage myself.

I'm on the lookout for people who might like to beta for me while she's preoccupied with her little bundle of joy. Anyone out there interested?

Aw...wouldn't necessarily call them "bad", meaning, wouldn't call them "bad" at all. You know that scene in Grace where Daniel (or rather Sam's vision of him I guess) was batting his eyelashes at Sam? I made that into an icon, but the animation came out a bit wonky...
                      LOL That'd be so cute! The animation would be hard though 'cause of how rapidly he was blinking his eyes. You'd probably have to have a pile of caps and set the frame duration really low so you'd get one of those "movie clip" icons. It'd probably have to be greyscale to make the size manageable too. Still, sounds cute!

Saw them, loved them. And you saw my picspams...heh, you must think I'm seriously warped now. I'd say more, but it'd get a little too o/t, so it'll have to carry over to email I guess.
                      LOL Yeah, sorry to tell you, hon, but I've known how warped you are for a while now

And that revelation didn't come from your LJ

That's what I meant - Animation Shop! D'oh... the sweltering heat was baking my brain... need to get some brain ice cubes... But I notice a lot of people like to use ImageReady that comes with Photoshop (which I cannot afford at the moment).

I know Animation Shop has such an option. I'd just right-click on the frame and choose "frame properties", and it'd let you change the duration for each separate one. I'd think GIMP would probably have a similar option, but maybe not?
                      I'd think the same thing, but I haven't found it yet. I have to do some fiddling and searching of online help stuff, I think.
                      ~Amaranth Traces

Comment

Originally posted by MerryK View Post
                        Hee hee! That just sums up the S/D ship, doesn't it? Love it!
                        It does, doesn't it? Glad you liked it.

Originally posted by Kitty Carter-Jackson View Post
                        Love the icon. It's so true. ::huggles fishy:: <<Hope you don't mind...
                        It is true. And it worked very well as an icon. And no problem with the hugs. Glad you liked.
                        The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Ok.. I was going to respond to individual posts, and then I saw the time on the clock and remembered I had to be up at six tomorrow and decided I'd better not... Apologies, cause I am scatterbrained at best tonight...

Congrats on the wedding, Col.Samantha! Best wishes.

Love the icons (even the non-PG ones ) and the new walls... very nice.

Should add a Get Well Soon, too...

Let's see... Oh, thanks for fic rec... enjoyed that very much...

Meanwhile, as I remain totally insane, I have yet another vid to share... It kind of goes with my icon... Ok...probably not, but I like it anyways.

Moments Like This
                          The really disturbing thing is, this is me on a GOOD day.

Comment

Hey everybody! *waves*

Wow... *glance up* oh my, I haven't been here in a whole month... lol, it would have been my one month anniversary of 'no GW' if I'd hung on for another twelve hours.

Mmkay.

Anyhow...

Congratulations, Col.SamanthaCarter!!! Best wishes!

Ooh hey Amaranth, I'll be more than happy to... oh wait, I've got ya on Google. lol. While I'm here, I'll just add to the 'oh my gosh' for the fic. Great stuff. Lovely icons too.

Jess, that sounds like a great icon! Animation software can be tricky though. I agree with Amaranth about lowering the frame rate -- it gives you fiddling space. Like the wallpaper -- very moody and intense

Yay, Sasusc, the Beachhead scene. *sigh*

Got this recently from Amaranth... who might have probably got it from Jess... who may have got it from a mag, who...

Spoilerised for size...

Spoiler:

Such a great pic. Love AT's smile. It just looks like a family pic.... Drs Jackson, Sam's brother, and a distant but exceedingly close cousin. lol. Not clever enough to think up a caption at this hour, but BB's straight(-ish) Mona Lisa expression and MS' smile make me wonder whether AT has her hands on their bums... or it's CJ's on BB. lol.
                            Last edited by DrGemini2405; 11 June 2008, 04:38 PM. Reason: I brained my damage ance ogain... :)
                            (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

S: "Daniel..."
                              D: "Now?" *shy* "You know... Teal'c might talk..."
                              S: *rolls eyes* "We already talked about that... the minute Teal'c's back is turned... well, wait 'til he gets into the cockpit. Anyway, what I was... nope, completely gone now. Thanks, Daniel." *sigh, notices Teal'c read the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition that Jack sent; rests head on Daniel's shoulder* I hate missions... especially since the General said we had to be chaperoned...
                              D: "He did?" *pout* Maybe it's retaliation for... you know... telling him that fishing isn't the ideal way to spend an entire leave?
                              S: "If only you'd put it as elegantly... I think the words 'sucked' and 'waste' were used..."
                              T: "Not forgetting that DanielJackson also insulted O'Neill's prowess, skill and aptitude as an organiser of team functions."
                              D: *sheepish*
                              S: *disbelief* "You didn't! Oh my God... you do realise that he's going to tease us for eternity now? Everytime we happen to leave the room together, he's going to make all sorts of sexual innuendos..."
                              D: "Let's be honest, Sam... he's usually on the button."
                              S: "Yeah, but you don't want him actually thinking that he is."
                              D: *realises* *shock*
                              S: "Yup."
                              (you'll have to refresh the page if you click 'My FF'; there seems to be a bug on FF's part - my account does still exist!!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrGemini2405 View Post
                                Spoiler:

Such a great pic. Love AT's smile. It just looks like a family pic.... Drs Jackson, Sam's brother, and a distant but exceedingly close cousin. lol. Not clever enough to think up a caption at this hour, but BB's straight(-ish) Mona Lisa expression and MS' smile make me wonder whether AT has her hands on their bums... or it's CJ's on BB. lol.
                                Ooh, I like that. Such a nice family it would be (also with Vala as the naughty younger cousin and Jack as the wickedly inappropriate uncle).

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                                ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X