This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lida
    Ben Browder is a fantastic actor and has many awards to show for his excellent acting ability. As for Farscape, far fetched? Oh, and a Stargate that utilizes a stable wormhole to instantaneously transport people and objects across our galaxy and even to other galaxies, isn't farfetched? Sorry, but I beg to disagree. Farscape was based on a sound scientific theory, ie, using either the atmoshere or the gravity of a planet or sun, to gain extra momentum. This idea is currently being used for deep space probes.

Why don't you wait until the series premieres and then decide on the acting ability of BB? And as I watched all 4 seasons of Farscape and all 8 seasons of Stargate, I feel qualified to judge. But, as you said, it's your opinion, and this is mine.

As for Cam outranking Carter? What is your argument? They are both Lt. Colonel's, and as Carter has previous off world experience and Mitchell doesn't, I don't see any rational explanation as to why he shoud out rank her, except perhaps her reporductive organs are inside.

(restrains herself from saying anything else)
    I'll just have to wait and see. Everybody says he is a good actor. So i'll have to wait and see. I also stated that I didn't like Magyver, but I loved Stargate the movie. I gave him a chance like I am going to give BB a chance.
    As far as Farfetched. I call it that because of the wardrobe and special effects. It just didn't look real to me.
    I want to see Carter come back and retake comand of SG-1. SG-1 is the flag gate team. Somebody should lead it that has at least gone through the gate. That's what I would like to see.

And thank you for letting me have my opinion. Here's some green.
    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
      I must say love when people lay claim to a series being 'crap' based on "the little (they've seen).
      I always say come back and tell me when you've watched the whole thing. Not two eps, or indeed the last season as someone else did.
      That's the hole thing. I couldn't even get past a couple of ep. My brother is a feen when it somes to Farscape so it isn't like I didn't have someone their telling me what is going on. I'll say it again. Crappy wardrobe and special effects.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
        I'll just have to wait and see. Everybody says he is a good actor. So i'll have to wait and see. I also stated that I didn't like Magyver, but I loved Stargate the movie. I gave him a chance like I am going to give BB a chance.
        As far as Farfetched. I call it that because of the wardrobe and special effects. It just didn't look real to me.
        I want to see Carter come back and retake comand of SG-1. SG-1 is the flag gate team. Somebody should lead it that has at least gone through the gate. That's what I would like to see.

And thank you for letting me have my opinion. Here's some green.
        BB IS a great actor. I wasn't a farscape fan either, but the few eps I did watch convinced me that it had a great cast, just lousy writers for the most part.
        As to RDA, he wasn't in the SG movie. That was Kurt Russel(I think)
        As to Carter releading the team, I disagree, see my other posts on here as to why.

Comment

88 eps and a mini-series and you've seen 2 eps to judge the entire show!
          Some of us could have a field day picking out a couple of SG-1 stinkers and therefore extrapolate that the whole series simply MUST be indicative of those two.Obviously, that won't be the case. My god, if I came to Gate and saw only S8, I would without hesitation say it was the WORST scifi show I had ever seen. Having seen the other 7 seasons, my opinion is quite different.
          People seem to think it's a competition between shows. You can like one, but not the other.
          Crappy special effects!!
          Someone remind me when we even last saw 'a special effect' on Gate!! They don't even use the gate much these days!!
          The special effects for the big final battle in Meobius were just awsome!! Hang on a minute, they cut the whole thing and got them to sit around a pond. Hmmmm.

Comment

Wow, seems like a little tension in here. . Now as a Farscape fan, I do have to agree that u can't judge the entire show by a few episodes. Overall, it was awesome, gaining almost cult fame. And talks are that it still may be revived, possibly as a movie. But enough of Farscape talk. I believe Ben Browder will do a fine job replacing O'Neill as leader of SG-1, and will bring a certain style of comedy to his role that I believe most fans of Stargate should really appreciate and accept. Truthfully, I have real high hopes for this 9th season of what I believe to be the best show on television.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think it is a little rude for the farscape actors to use stargate as a fall back show. They would have never gotten the part if it wasnt for so many people leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                I think it is a little rude for the farscape actors to use stargate as a fall back show. They would have never gotten the part if it wasnt for so many people leaving.
                Indeed. Browder & Black rang up TPTB and said since so and so is out, we're in-end of story.
                TPTB- ah yes sir, yes mam. PHONE GOES CLUNK. How rude of those pesky Farscape actors.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                  88 eps and a mini-series and you've seen 2 eps to judge the entire show!
                  Some of us could have a field day picking out a couple of SG-1 stinkers and therefore extrapolate that the whole series simply MUST be indicative of those two.Obviously, that won't be the case. My god, if I came to Gate and saw only S8, I would without hesitation say it was the WORST scifi show I had ever seen. Having seen the other 7 seasons, my opinion is quite different.
                  People seem to think it's a competition between shows. You can like one, but not the other.
                  Crappy special effects!!
                  Someone remind me when we even last saw 'a special effect' on Gate!! They don't even use the gate much these days!!
                  The special effects for the big final battle in Meobius were just awsome!! Hang on a minute, they cut the whole thing and got them to sit around a pond. Hmmmm.
                  Actually there are quite a lot of special effects on Stargate. The great thing about them though is that they are blended into the background so that they give the impression they are really part of the physical scence. There is somthing to be said for this kind of subtlety in special effects. For that matter they had a similar subtlety in the sexiness of the show. Farscape was more upfront and in your face with the special effects and sexiness.

Now that said I really like both. Season 1-3 of Farscape were awesome, season 4 lost me a bit, actually they started to lose me at the end of season 3. I was a bigger fan of the Human John C. not the Super hero John C.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I kind of have to agree with that. I mean, it's great they have a job and everything - and it makes sense that one sci fi show's actors would slide onto another high ranked sci fi show ... But I just have this strange taste in my mouth about the whole thing.

.. and the fact that they seem to be subtly pushing for a Sam/Mitchell pairing. *glances at TV guide*
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                      I kind of have to agree with that. I mean, it's great they have a job and everything - and it makes sense that one sci fi show's actors would slide onto another high ranked sci fi show ... But I just have this strange taste in my mouth about the whole thing.

.. and the fact that they seem to be subtly pushing for a Sam/Mitchell pairing. *glances at TV guide*
                      They are subtly pushing sam/mitchell? since when?
                      And, hey, BB and CB auditioned for the role like everyone else.
                      End of story. It's not like they planned for FS to get canned and to move to SG.

Comment

Rude? Rude to whom? And what makes you think this is a 'fall back' show? How can it be rude for someone to get a new job? If you got a new job filling a vacancy left by someone else, would you be being rude? What do you expect them to do, only apply for jobs on brand new shows?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                          That's the hole thing. I couldn't even get past a couple of ep. My brother is a feen when it somes to Farscape so it isn't like I didn't have someone their telling me what is going on. I'll say it again. Crappy wardrobe and special effects.
                          That crappy wardrobe was nominated for an Emmy a couple of years back....

Hensons do not make crappy stuff.

Comment

??? Rude? Odd way of looking at it.

What makes you think of Stargate as a fall-back show? And why single out the Farscape actors? Are Lexa Doig and Beau Bridges being rude too by accepting their roles? I mean, Andromeda and The Agency were both ended!

How long do you think it should be before Ben and Claudia can accept other roles on shows? I mean, Farscape was ended Oct 2002 - OK, they had the mini filming for just a few months Xmas/2003 to Feb 2004. They need to work y'know and it's well-known that Ben loves the world of Sci-Fi and the opportunities it presents (I find that a real perk myself). He is also filling a vacancy that was willingly left by a departing actor... Wow, how rude that he should even consider going for it! Claudia of course was already there...is a returning guest character... how rude of her to return to the role... we'd better not get back all the other returning guests now, had we?

PS: *I'm sure there is a sarcasm font somewhere because half my post needs it!*

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

Rude? Rude to whom? And what makes you think this is a 'fall back' show? How can it be rude for someone to get a new job? If you got a new job filling a vacancy left by someone else, would you be being rude? What do you expect them to do, only apply for jobs on brand new shows?

I think the problem is too many people see BB and CB's inclusion as a blatant attempt by TPTB to bring in Farscape fans.
                              While I have no doubt that the possibility of Farscape fans was in their favour, BB and CB are both awesome actors.
                              As far as I know, they auditioned for their roles just like everyone else. They didn't steal anyone's roles, they were just the best actors for the job.
                              On the costuming for Farscape, it was great! I am SO sick of sci fi where the chars wear something I could by from Target and make with a little glitter or something.
                              Farscape definatly took the lead in creative costuming and aliens.
                              Crappy?? No way.

Comment

I agree lightsabre. Everyone should just give them a chance. They aren't trying to take over stargate ( afterall, they are just the actors).
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X