No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tie the arc into your kiron E5 attraction theory.
    Anyway, that thing -realistically- should have the firepower to wipe out fleets of Ha'tak
    Regular firepower you mean?

I had some thoughts about naquadria last night...I forgot most of it though because I was asleep I think.(I have lame dreams, they ether involve science or running errends.) Something about subatomic particle collisions forming a new type of e5 particle that actually effects both exotic and non exotic materials. Hence why naquadria was radioactive and poisoned the scientists that worked with it. There is more to it but I cannot remember right now.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Dont forget to see this post^

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      Just a note:

is it me, or are all the stories on the Story Thread corrupted?
      When you post on wikia, it removes all the spaces mashing the text into one paragraph and you have to manually separate them again, then publish them, and they stay the second time.

Hey, there are what, 92 natural elements and a 115 known elements? Did not the Heliopolis computer store the atomic structure of...146 was it? So, subtracting trinium, naquadah and its variants, and neutronium, that gives us 26 slots to fill with elements. Technically, even the 4 great races would not have known every element, so we have more then 26.

How many staff cannons would Anubis's mothership had? I estimated 180 based on the official number of cannons a Ha'tak has and then increased according to size and presumed power output.
      Last edited by Gormagon; 30 April 2012, 10:03 AM.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
        Also, "the Host" are those foothold alien dudes right?
        Ummm... no, I'm pretty sure the Host are the sparkly anti-Goa'uld cousins of Twilight vampires.

The guys from Foothold were Tka-Tko-Tka.

Comment

*Shudders* Twilight vampires...so....ugh...Technically, the accepted official cannon name is Stragoth. http://gwvf.wikia.com/wiki/The_Host <So what are those?

Are you joking though? Text does not really convey tone.

Comment

Regular firepower you mean?
            uh, yes.

When you post on wikia, it removes all the spaces mashing the text into one paragraph and you have to manually separate them again, then publish them, and they stay the second time.
            no, i mean the story thread,

Hey, there are what, 92 natural elements and a 115 known elements? Did not the Heliopolis computer store the atomic structure of...146 was it? So, subtracting trinium, naquadah and its variants, and neutronium, that gives us 26 slots to fill with elements. Technically, even the 4 great races would not have known every element, so we have more then 26.
            Uhm, the vast, vast majority of those would be so unstable, they'd last nanoseconds.

I still think Naquahdriah is an Element. it simply behave too differently from Naquahdah.

oh and you forgot Maclarium (Red Sky).

How many staff cannons would Anubis's mothership had? I estimated 180 based on the official number of cannons a Ha'tak has and then increased according to size and presumed power output.
            no clue. given the size of the ship, and the size of a Ha'tak, it would hand 10 ha'tak their asses in a single fight.

and that's my low number "certainty" (since it's not really an estimate).

Comment

no, i mean the story thread,
              I thought it was some sort of language barrier issue.

Uhm, the vast, vast majority of those would be so unstable, they'd last nanoseconds.
              ..........kiron theory.

I still think Naquahdriah is an Element. it simply behave too differently from Naquahdah.
              The show states its a variant of naquadah. though.

oh and you forgot Maclarium (Red Sky).
              When did that element get a specific name? And yes I did. I wonder what Maclarium could be used for. Perhaps as a weapon.

no clue. given the size of the ship, and the size of a Ha'tak, it would hand 10 ha'tak their asses in a single fight.

and that's my low number "certainty" (since it's not really an estimate).
              Hmmm....

Comment

I thought it was some sort of language barrier issue.
                no, the story thread has all sorts of weird symbols etc in them. this thread and many others show up just fine tho

..........kiron theory.
                only works combined with the Island of Stability.

The show states its a variant of naquadah. though.
                wouldn't be the first time they're blatantly wrong. or the first time we changed canon.

When did that element get a specific name? And yes I did. I wonder what Maclarium could be used for. Perhaps as a weapon.
                since Nq, Tr and Nm already cover practically every aspect of design, i'd say: nothing.

it needs to be synthesized and all.

Comment

Hey! That is you that keeps messing with the Trinium page on the wikia! ............

And what do you mean "unconfirmed" with the 100x lighter and stronger? Also, 100x stronger is not actually that big a deal when compared to materials we have now, so that is is why I like the 100x stronger as a baseline level for refined trinium. In the episode message in a bottle, the orb was made out of a material 300x stronger then steel.

Whats wrong with alloying and metallurgical techniques that enhance its strength?

Comment

That picture you put for neutronium is unobtainium from Avatar. I try not to use something to recognizable.

And technically speaking, the naquadria picture you replaced mine with is a naquadria bomb, not plain old naquadria.

Comment

And how exactly did the LA manage to stabilize naquadria as a nuclear energy source? You say they use it in reactors for their Aggregators and Ko'tak.

speaking of which, what are the specifications of those warship classes?

Comment

And what do you mean "unconfirmed" with the 100x lighter and stronger?
                        because 100x is a very perfect round number. we don't know exactly how strong it is. it's a rough indication.

I am not sure what you want to mix with Trinium to make it stronger. Naquahdah will likely make it harder and tougher, but stronger?
                        Ultimately, it's a book unwritten. and not really relevant.

and it's stronger THAN steel, not then

Comment

because 100x is a very perfect round number. we don't know exactly how strong it is. it's a rough indication.
                          Mhm k...

I am not sure what you want to mix with Trinium to make it stronger. Naquahdah will likely make it harder and tougher, but stronger?
                          What about tiny amounts of neutronium?
                          Ultimately, it's a book unwritten. and not really relevant.
                          How is it not relevant? If you can make a much stronger vessel hull and tougher armor from trinium based components then why not. However, if not, then trinium is not relevant because other materials can be made that are stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                            *Shudders* Twilight vampires...so....ugh...Technically, the accepted official cannon name is Stragoth. http://gwvf.wikia.com/wiki/The_Host <So what are those?

Are you joking though? Text does not really convey tone.
                            Yes, and the GWVF doesn't count fanon material as cannon.

Ah, yes, the Host is the Hidden Empire's Army, not a separate culture.

And no... I was not joking, The Host was Stephanie Meyer's other romance novel. At least in this one the heroine can be pathetic and we can chuck it up to alien psychology.

Comment

That picture you put for neutronium is unobtainium from Avatar. I try not to use something to recognizable.

And technically speaking, the naquadria picture you replaced mine with is a naquadria bomb, not plain old naquadria.
                              And how exactly did the LA manage to stabilize naquadria as a nuclear energy source? You say they use it in reactors for their Aggregators and Ko'tak.

speaking of which, what are the specifications of those warship classes?
                              Here, these posts got skipped over.

Comment

How is it not relevant? If you can make a much stronger vessel hull and tougher armor from trinium based components then why not. However, if not, then trinium is not relevant because other materials can be made that are stronger.
                                uhm, we know trinium is a very strong, light material. it's clearly superior to any material we have in terms of strength. other than that, we know very little of it, and specifics are not important.

Note: since Trinium ore is brittle, it likely means that Trinium isn't very corrosive resistant.

you see the big black blob in the centre? that's naquahdriah.

Naquahdah and naquahdriah are black metals.

It's not that hard. Since the instability is exponential, you can write a function for instability. you can then design a reactor capable of handling that level of instability.

Anyway, the Proof Eli solved, and the modifications Mckay made in Seizure are both Naquahdriah-energy-draining equations and modifications. Icarus is doing what the LA now does in reactors.

it's under Unique Lucian Alliance Ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X