Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    given that Trinium apparently works as a powersource too (since the Tollan used it but didn't seem to use Naquahdah), i presume they meant Neutronium.

if that makes sense....
    I suppose, if naquadah is fissile then why not trinium or neutronium? Still does not sound quite right though...

However, here is how I would prefer it to be-E5 theory holds that naquadah, trinium and neutronium are held together by the E5 field yes? Perhaps only the naquadah(And its variants) E5 field is weak enough to allow efficient fission to take place, trying to split trinium or neutronium would require more energy input then would be worth it. I just do not like the idea of a trinium reactor....its like saying "titanium reactor." It just sounds wrong....

I personally believe the Ancients used a "kirotype" of naquadah as a power source, perhaps like Naquadria but better, more stable. Unless the figured out how to destabilize the E5 field efficiently. But thats the Ancients....they were a little advanced.

I always saw the the Tollan using ether fusion or perhaps a subspace tap as an energy source. "We offered them a device capable of producing unlimited of productive energy" Narim. Subspace tap? Seems likely.
    Last edited by Gormagon; 20 April 2012, 06:52 AM.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

It just sounds wrong....
      given that the tollan had an "infinite energy source", it's possible they used trinium for some kind of subspace capacitor...

anyway, any material is fissionable. it's just that some are easier to fission than others. Naquahdah is basically begging to be fissioned.

I personally believe the Ancients used a "kirotype"
      technically it would be a kirotope, not type.

Comment

Oops I did y instead of p.

anyway, any material is fissionable. it's just that some are easier to fission than others. Naquahdah is basically begging to be fissioned.
        That was my whole point.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

yea i kind of missed the second part of your post. i didn't notice until i had already written and posted mine

Comment

^Excuses.......

I was going to write more of my story but (enough worth posting) but I cannot focus today, hence why I just had to respell "focus" four times....

It is going to be a battle. That much is known. I have all the basic outlines of my story all set, I just need to fill in the detail.

I want a tungsten carbide ring. It will make my knuckle bumps dreaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
              Not to mention the cost if you use that for your fighters, with the prices of naquadah these days. (Joke)

You know gas prices are high when gangs are doing "walk by shootings."

I wonder what the Ancients used for power besides Destiny's scoop thing or Z-PM's. I just watched the SG-A episode were Rodney gets that parasite in his brain and they go to the shrine of Talos which was emitting some sort of radiation that cased it to retract. Anyways, Paraphrasing from the episode " Huh, must be a by product of the power source" Rodney
              "Anti matter?" Jeannie
              "Whatever left over super heavy element the Ancients used as a power source" Rodney

So, not naquadah? Would he not have called it "naquadah"? I would love to know what it was.
              Destiny's power source was most likely a fusion power source, as the scoops would have picked up hydrogen most likely from the star. Besides, that I suspect they would have gone from fusion - naquadah - ZPM. Maybe there was another super-heavy element that the ancients found that is local only to the pegasus galaxy.

Comment

the only "lightsaber" we'll ever get is a generic laser. any of the SW effects like bullet deflection are pure BS and belong in the realm of fantasy. SW is 90% fantasy anyway.
                This is true yes, but we have the technology to make such as a weapon. It just takes time. But nobody is fast enough to stop a bullet much less defelct one back at the shooter

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

But nobody is fast enough to stop a bullet much less defelct one back at the shooter
                  nor is that possible with a laser

Destiny's power source was most likely a fusion power source, as the scoops would have picked up hydrogen most likely from the star. Besides, that I suspect they would have gone from fusion - naquadah - ZPM. Maybe there was another super-heavy element that the ancients found that is local only to the pegasus galaxy.
                  i was actually thinking of a shield. a shield with the resonating frequency set to a red dwarf. in essence, Destiny would be projecting a shield many tens of thousands of kilometers in diameter (a la Atlantis protecting half a planet from a CME), which drains energy from the star. the shield generators doing this produce enormous amounts of power, which is dumped in some kind of ZPM-esque capacitor

Comment

Actually I do, but mine is totally glitched out so I cant finish the thieves guild quest line(Or the dark brotherhood.) with my level 36 dude, I only know of the grey colored Nighting gale armor.

Mandalorian armor varies in color though, a lot. I wonder which is tougher, Mandalorian iron or the Fullerene we have now.
                    I have a level 18 Kahjiit on computer edition, got her the pale red Nightingale armor at level six, upgraded it every new level so it is so dang lightweight {.02kilos apparently}

Now, Mandalorian armor does vary in color yes, but it is made of very lightweight and vaccumesealed pieces last I knew. It is made of either Cortosis weave or Phirrk alloys, which both are lightsaber resistant

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

i upgraded my Dragon armor so it's weightless

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        I have a level 18 Kahjiit on computer edition, got her the pale red Nightingale armor at level six, upgraded it every new level so it is so dang lightweight {.02kilos apparently}
                        I to prefer light armor, even though I have a level 36 Nord. My smithing is 100 and I have plus 17% gauntlets, and a ring and necklace that add to it as well, my regular thieving torso gives about 105-115 protection depending on if I am wearing my light armor ring, and my glass torso gives about 136 but weighs 7 pounds.(About 2.5KG) My Orcish armor of the emminant knight gives 146 def, but weighs 35 pounds. Gee, I wonder which I want. I love being able to run and dodge faster. Plus carrying capacity. Light armor ftw.

i upgraded my Dragon armor so it's weightless
                        Nice, I need to buy the perks so I can unlock Dragon armor, but I keep putting the perks into my combat skills.
                        Now, Mandalorian armor does vary in color yes, but it is made of very lightweight and vaccumesealed pieces last I knew. It is made of either Cortosis weave or Phirrk alloys, which both are lightsaber resistant
                        Yes, I wish there was a way to test them compared to Fullerene and other nano based materials.

Comment

B.t.w, bye everyone you may not hear from me for a few days.

Comment

B.t.w, bye everyone you may not hear from me for a few days.
                            Vacation ? or Star Wars weekends ?

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                              Vacation ? or Star Wars weekends ?
                              I wish. I have not been on a vacation for 6 years...its more work related.

Killman probably wont like this, but with a naquadah power cell and E5 containment field you could possibly make a lightsaber. The blade is actually plasma energy contained with force energy, not a laser. I do not believe it would be very efficient use of energy however. I would stick with trinium alloy and other advanced alloys or metallurgic techniques for your melee weapons.
                              Last edited by Gormagon; 20 April 2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Killman probably wont like this, but with a naquadah power cell and E5 containment field you could possibly make a lightsaber. The blade is actually plasma energy contained with force energy, not a laser. I do not believe it would be very efficient use of energy however. I would stick with trinium alloy and other advanced alloys or metallurgic techniques for your melee weapons.
                                i don't care about such a design. a Lightsaber is impossible to make. The way Star Wars depicts it, by the way. And i have no clue why you'd want such a weapon.

EDIT:

an update:

The Pre'tak is :

660m long
                                617m wide
                                217 high

I can change it, but i determined the dimensions based upon the Tel'tak. it contains two small docking bays, each capable of holding a Tel'tak.

EDIT2:

little mistake here, i used half the hangar bay length (it's a mirrored component).

I went for a Tel'tak size of 10m wide.

EDIT3:

i sinned, as i used the Wikia for this type of measure. accoding to them, an Al'kesh is 35 meters long. this surprisingly fits with the Ship Scaling Sprites thread. it means that, since according to current scalings the hangar is 20m wide, an Al'kesh would fit in.

if anyone has good figures, i can scale the rest accordingly. there are no things modelled that can ruin scaling.

EDIT 4:

After reading up on the Tok'ra and Goauld, i think the -by far- easiest solution to the Tok'ra problem is this: force a Goa'uld queen to produce blank slates. These symbionts can then be raised -the old fashioned way- to be Tok'ra.
                                Last edited by thekillman; 21 April 2012, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X