No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consciousness is 10-18 sec, and some brain damage sets in at about 1 min (minor). The cells actually start dying around 4-6 min.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

good that's what i wanted to know

Comment

I just posted my next chapter, Hunter Hunting. I may add some location detail later.

Comment

Pretty cool.

But I am confused about the wormhole. Was it outgoing or incoming? Because you can't come in through an outgoing wormhole . . .
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

i don't really like the concept of the jaffa. also mind you that wormholes are one-way...

i would rather go for a different species. a reptillian-derived one, perhaps an intelligent mid-size predator race. enslaved by your goauld, modified to carry infant goauld just like Jaffa. perhaps found on some backwater world.

i've cooked up reptillian races before and i like the possibilities. i prefer this over some overly complicated and sophisticated system to add a tail and mechanical stuff to a human body, especially since a crocodile isn't built to stand on it's hind legs.

we know the Goauld used other beings before. the Unas themselves are reptillain and were resilliant. it's possible these reptiles are either modified Unas or they simply are a different race.

for a mid-size predator race, you'd need to think of their past first. what would they have done. Humans are adapted to travel on foot and got their intellect because of toolmaking. it was a major advantage that made us exterminate other, bigger beings.

small predators wouldn't invent farming like we did. not with the same purpose. being predatory, they'd make their farming designed to feed their livestock. opposable thumbs are a must. intellect would be required both for social interaction and for tool-making. it's possible that their world never got hit by a meteor like Earth was, and thus Reptiles dominated the place, with Mammals and Birds existing alongside them.

these creatures can't be top of the food chain. i'd say a nice middle way. Humans however used tool making and grouping to defeat larger beasts. some of the most ferocious beasts that make modern creatures like lions and such look like cuddly animals, were made extinct by humans.

Comment

But I am confused about the wormhole. Was it outgoing or incoming? Because you can't come in through an outgoing wormhole . . .
              Good point, I'll need to re-work that somehow.

i would rather go for a different species. a reptillian-derived one, perhaps an intelligent mid-size predator race. enslaved by your goauld, modified to carry infant goauld just like Jaffa. perhaps found on some backwater world.

i've cooked up reptillian races before and i like the possibilities. i prefer this over some overly complicated and sophisticated system to add a tail and mechanical stuff to a human body, especially since a crocodile isn't built to stand on it's hind legs.
              The tail system is part of an extended set of external cybernetics from a disused tech tree from the Goa'uld past. The entire thing is itself a tool and specifically designed to interface with a human body. The design tendency to mimic the crocodile is cosmetic and as such, bio-mechanics of crocodiles really has no bearing on any aspect of the final system other than appearance. This device, its functional design, and the character motivations for deploying it are central to the Sons of Sobek storyline. Substituting that for a reptilian race is out of the question I'm afraid.

On the gate, I'll need some time to work in a solution.
              Last edited by blackluster; 14 February 2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

what if the DHD would send a signal to the goauld's world once dialling, and then what seems like dialling out is actually dialling in?

Comment

what if the DHD would send a signal to the goauld's world once dialling, and then what seems like dialling out is actually dialling in?
                  That's possible I suppose. Whatever the mod is that Asim performs, it has to be fast enough for him to do it within the time frame where the entire station descends into madness. Also, would such a scenario require a modded gate on the other end that could out dial the one on the station? Alos, the mod would need to be such that Dorken would not notice something amiss with the symbols that were engaging.

I suppose placing the invader in the room while the gate is being dialed is possible. It just depends on the pacing leading up to that climax

Comment

based upon what JM said, the sobek guy could stand behind the gate and still pierce through.

Comment

Hi guys, long time no see. Just popping by to see how the Fleet is going? Anyone want to fill me in on major events etc...
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

so far there aren't extremely major events. well the LA attacked earth and it's colonies.

i'm writing for the LA, a story about one prototype upgraded ha'tak and it's crew. this is an LA perspective and shows kinda how the LA work in stead of just being some pure evil organization. i'll bring detail about the Lords of the lucian alliance, their factions, their individual roles and how the war progresses from an LA perspective.

there is writing about Earth discovering about the Aschen and the Tollan, this is an Earth-perspective story

and there is a story about how Sheldon has gotten into our universe via some accident and how he has to deal with this universe.

and recently the Sons of Sobek story began.

you should check the other thread as this is mainly discussion

Comment

^Killman, it's Shelton not Sheldon

Comment

close enough

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                              ^Killman, it's Shelton not Sheldon
                              So i can no longer imagine him as Sheldon cooper from big bang theory?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

that's where the confusion came from probably...

Comment

Working...
                                X