No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what I originally suggested was that the tauri move to the other side of the universe (where destiny is) and live out the rest of their civilisation in a new place and this is where the 3rd gen humans would live.

Comment

Hmm, Killman mentions reexploring the Goa'uld, i'm in favor of this personally, mostly because this would be where the mythology would come in, for example we could have the Monkey King being a rebel ofa goa'uld and leading a newfaction of Tok'ra.... Or the otherway around.

All inall, it would be more dark like and gothic-y (if you have read orseen any of the Warhammer 40,000 books and games out you'll understand what I mean by gothic stuff, the fact being I am a warhammer tabletop gamer (even though I am a girl, I know its odd at times) you understand me a bit better I think?)

But off that I think it could work

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

except that it takes an incredibly long time to mover there?

and Tom, i'm not sayin gcompromise between that future stuff, but rather between long time back or tweaking SG1

Comment

I know. Problem is, it still makes things confusing without bringing that much new material in.

Comment

and yet, that is what I personally would like. I don't want a new enemy, I don't want it to be in the future or even a new civilization (, hell I dont even want the US but that's not possible though) but all in all a reboot right from the here and now would allow for such allot of differences. It'll be great

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

It's only US at first.

Realistically, shouldn't we transfer the SGC off world? How many footholds and planet-busting possibilities has the SGC attracted on the show? With the Tok'Ra as our allies, and a Ha'Tak of our own, we can afford to relocate.

Comment

What about Mars? Maybe we find that there's a gate there with a small ancient station/base/thing, and we use that as the SGC while still having a gate on Earth?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

how would the gate on Mars take precedence over the one on earth, unless of course there is a dhd. Also how would we survive on Mars. Would we use Tok'ra crystals to create a base, for there is no life possible.

Perhaps after a while Mars could even slowly be terraformed by a stolen Goa'uld terraformer.

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                    how would the gate on Mars take precedence over the one on earth, unless of course there is a dhd. Also how would we survive on Mars. Would we use Tok'ra crystals to create a base, for there is no life possible.

Perhaps after a while Mars could even slowly be terraformed by a stolen Goa'uld terraformer.
                    Or we do a warhammer and just start building on mars, in a city similar to for example, (just an example) Corilla, with cities and spaceports everywhere, or maybe like KDY (Kuat Drive Yards) which orbits the planet Kuat? (basically a dead planet but a population actually there?)

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Aha... I think terraforming Mars would be a pick of a tip off fro Earth that somethign fishy was going on.

No guys, your over-thinking this. We get the Tok'Ra to lend us some of their crystals and combine those with Human engineering to carve out a bunker on some crap-sack rock not too far away from Earth (close enough for our Ha'Tak to get there in time in case of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        Or we do a warhammer and just start building on mars, in a city similar to for example, (just an example) Corilla, with cities and spaceports everywhere, or maybe like KDY (Kuat Drive Yards) which orbits the planet Kuat? (basically a dead planet but a population actually there?)
                        The KDY completely encircled the bloody planet, they're kind of obvious and easy to destroy with RKKS. Not to mention way beyond what Earth can build.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          The KDY completely encircled the bloody planet, they're kind of obvious and easy to destroy with RKKS. Not to mention way beyond what Earth can build.
                          True, but i'm thinknig not totally like that, more like one or two spacestations linked to each other, nothing too major, maybe a city on the planet, (be happy I never said Coruscant (nevermind I just did!!))

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            True, but i'm thinknig not totally like that, more like one or two spacestations linked to each other, nothing too major, maybe a city on the planet, (be happy I never said Coruscant (nevermind I just did!!))
                            First off, you'll need to clarify further, and secondly, your obviously used to a more Warhammer 40K universe.

In SG, linking stuff together with physical structures is largely a waste of time and resources, teleportation technology lets you get form on place on a planet to another without anything in between and often with nothing more than a small pair of platforms.
                            As to cities, before disclosure, Earth simply won't have the personnel to create permanent cities, bases, yes, camps, yes, outposts, maybe. And you have to remember that even with advanced technology, Earth still doesn't have the resources to build on a planetary scale.

Comment

tom i'm WAY head of ya, i proposed offworld site since my v2.0 version of my idea.

colonizing mars: bad idea. the rings of jupiter and saturnus is better.

Comment

i was thinking an underground base of some sorts... even if it's an empty Aurora hanger with nothing more than a Gate and a DHD...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X