No announcement yet.

Gateworld Virtual Fleet 4.0 - Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So when you say third gen you mean fully third generation of human evolution. Earth may not even exist by this point, the number of times its been almost destroyed, let alone the natural causes which could destroy it. Perhaps a small colony in the MW created a new homeworld thousands of years ago, or this would be my personal favourate, the Tauri of created an ark of themselves. A world with all thier technology and knowledge and cealed thier best and brightest in a timedialiation field, locked away and forgotten. They lived on but forgot much of the knowledge, they stagnated and fell in to decay but survived as a more primitive canalized(not man eating but they forgot how to build and repair etc) version of the human race, the power source of the TD field, perhaps a ZPM depletes and they fall in to normal space time. We can explore thier coming to terms with and learning about themselves and thier history, but from the perspective of a future universe thats free from everything we know of, but has also renewed and begun again with new races and forms of life emerged in the time thats passed. The ZPM protecting the ancients in pegasus lasted about 10,000 years, if we had a larger citidel that was locked away, perhaps it could have lasted 3000 years or something. All the conflicts and races of the stargate universe and fleets have fallen in to myth, a golden age bathed in war but ended by the long night, a period which our new civilization was made in and survived, unlike everyone else. They would be human but only a few decades ahead of current non-sg technology, but they too s sg1 did go out and explore and advance as a result of the rediscovery of the stargate (the gate was buried just outside the TDF, and rediscovered after it collapsed, setting up a gate program etc can all be part of that rediscovery of the SG futureverse.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

An entirely new human species? Call me a pessimist, but I think the difference is culture would be too much to be easily overcome, and readers won't be able to identify.

Comment

crazy tom is right, cause unless they kept their regulations like earth all these years its unlikely that they would be anything like earth. hell all that time in the feild with no enemies will make them very un-militaristic. they may be able to fight with newly desgined weapons but battle tactics and such.

it could work if we have them attacked they flee into a new galaxy , under constant threat, looking to find out who they are, and wheres their place in this universe. as for culture we could say that they are atheist and believe in science and understanding the natural world( funny since they were in an unnatural field of time space.
        time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
        sigpic

Comment

i dont like where this is going

Comment

Reset is easiest. It gives us the best balance of new materials versus stability.

Comment

yes a reset, but NO new civilization

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Hi Everyone. My next little arc will be between August an November 1962 during the Cuban Missile crisis.

It will feature the first SG teams (American and Soviet versions) on an offworld mission on P3R-636. It's the planet where the humans overthrew the Goa'uld lord but kept sending Naquadah shipments through the Gate for 700 years. And where we learned that sarcophagus can be addictive and make you evil and virtually immortal.

I think you already understood how important this planet is to both sides : there are naquadah mines and crude Goa'uld technology. Furthermore, it's the first one out of Heliopolis that's accessible. And the Soviets got there first.
                La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

So, we take the series and tweak it?

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                    Hi Everyone. My next little arc will be between August an November 1962 during the Cuban Missile crisis.
                    We haven't yet decided whether that's what we're going to do.

Comment

I would prefer to take the show and tweak the canon storyline a bit, over starting something 50 years ago ro something...

i put something a few pages back on an idea i had for a group similar to the trust.... but not the trust.

The trust has always been a group of businessmen out for their own gain over the safety of the world, before they got goa'ulded that is.

My idea would tweak that to be either a single Bill Gates-like businessman creating a small fleet that operate for Earth over his own profit, or just have the trust full of nicer guys than it actually was.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Thats the best bit about timedialation, it could be a few thousand years outside but only a few decades inside, enough for the decay of technology and loss of progress but not long enough for them to completely forget who they are. The old generation dies out, the ones who started the project, a new lot take over an decide to come back out after discovering files about the project and how they were trapped and can actually shut it off.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        Stargate : Genesis |
                        Original Starship DesignThread
                        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                        11000! green me

Comment

are people forgetting what i proposed or something?

again, my idea is basically a compromise between various ideas.

we'd have a nice starter tech, without starting ages ago, with an international SG programme, but not half the world in it, and the goauld can be re-explored again.

Comment

re-exploring the goa'uld is best, I love those snakes

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

me too. and in terms of what we know, we need little changes for them to be an even better enemy.

Comment

Unfortunately, a compromise here gives us the worst of both words.

Comment

Working...
                                X