Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think u mean...Satedans?

I' writing a fanfic on them at fanfiction.net
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

satedans? this is MW not PG.

also, Tep, i think we can do a good fleet without having to focus on ships and without having to focus on correcting mistakes. one mistake is easily adressed: zat guns stun once (or depending on the person, just injures) and kills when shot twice. the third option is of no need. other things can be adressed by the tok'ra. say someone is goaulded and then the tok'ra says "we have to move quick before it's irreversable" and then someone asks "why does it become irreversable" and then the tok'ra 'the goauld incorporates itself into the brain". and that's it. no need for lengthy explanations.

actually tom Prommy was about 200 meters. but i'm for creating all new ships, yes. a 100-200 meter long craft. i'm not sure how big an alkesh is, since it heavily depends on the scene involved. i think that unlike other fleets, we should contact a master artist for the design and collectively design the specs. well we should come up with a role and basic specs before we ask the model to be made. then more extensive specs.

as to weapons: a 302 with a nuke should be a fearsome weapon. i think the naquahdriah hyperdrive was actually one of the better thoughts of the writers.

i also believe we could show more forms of FTL than just hyperspace. i think the Travellers coulld indeed be a self-evolved and advanced society that devastated it's world. when climatologists predicted the planet wouldn't revert back to normal in any reasonable time, they used the last of their abilities to design and build large generational ships and left. and after a long time they've gotten so used to their life in space that they wish nothing else. also, it keeps them safe from the goauld.

- F-302 death trap? how?
      - ya , a smaller ship is a better choice than the Prometheus, i never liked the big jump. plus when i watch lost city i get a bit annoyed since all that is really flying is the F-302's.

though if we start over i say we should use that idea of different teams that we can control ourselves, and each team helps get us farther into the story through their own adventures.
      if anything on a 302 fails you are practically doomed. tom, how is this different from any modern craft? they're all designed to be not aerodynamical to improve maneuvering, and all run on dozens of computers.

i like Prommy but i dislike the compromise ships. i think it works fine, but we should just custom equip the things to do either this or that. either attach additional reactors and install bigger guns on the hardpoints or attach hangars. that sort of stuff.

also i proposed the last part you posted myself. if every writer has it's own team then we can go forward and write nicely in one.

Tom i do not fear AI. i fear superhuman robots. the kind that makes any story boring since they'll just get rid of the jaffa, go home, get repaired and never get any real consequences.

Comment

as to the piracy theme, I am all for it, in the things I write (most of which I do not publish) I use piracy allot, simply because it helps to build a powerbase fast yet does not go too über too fast.

Raiding Goa'uld supplies, will help. I always see the Goa'uld as making things so they fit throe the gate for easy transport which you then put together. Thus a shield generator is divided into parts which fir throe the gate. SO we could go and raid such supplies and use them for our own purposes.

Also raiding the goa'uld and taking their Al'kesh can help us allot. And after not to much time we have a small fleet capable of defending us.

Also because we have more access to those goa'uld things reverse engineering will be faster, but the way SG1 did it was too fast.

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

As far as I'm concerned I'm fine with the ideas of redesigning some part of the fleet and change just some tiny parts of the story.

My idea was that the program started in 1945 with the events seen in "Torment of Tantalus" and that most of the plots seen in the first season of SG1 would rather happened between 1960 and 1999 (end of s1 of course).

Earth would be slowly building its forces while dealing with the Cold War between US and Soviet Union. Both SG programs will be part of the Space Race between the two superpowers, until 1989 and the fall of the Berlin Wall. After that, it will become an international program.

And the battle against Apophis and Klorel would become a real war like at the end of s7 with Anubis.

But on the other hand, we won't have uber-tech until later. Remember that until 1995 and the discovery of Ra's temple, only a handful of planet were accessible to Earth. There would then be a lot of trading, scavenging, reverse-engineering, testing, failing prototypes and keeping out of the Goa'uld way. We will only be able to get to planets close to Earth, a zone that the Goa'ulds left a long time ago.

Technology wise, I even think that taking out Ra could be the first joint operation of Russian and American forces. I liked his Ha'tak and his Guards' gears. We should have kept it and studied it.

Fortunately on Earth we also have Seth, Hathor, Osiris and maybe other imprisoned goa'ulds. Some could be bribed, others tortured but finally we'll learn more and more about their tech and build better ships. It may though take far more time than in the original story.

About the Asgard and the Nox, I want to avoid using them as much as possible. They can give us some (cryptic) advice maybe build sanctuaries against the Goa'uld but no tech. They would be monitoring our development and only help us against very advance races (Bad Furlings?).

When I really thought about this, it just came to me that Heliopolis must have some kind of beacons that once activated would alert the other races that there is someone there. They would then come, study the expedition, get a look at Earth without us noticing anything (well they are quite good for that) and assess our potential.

Were we to become the 5th race, I think that having our modern history thoroughly reviewed is a necessity. This time it won't be because we were dumb enough to help them destroy the Replicators.

If you want, I can start by writing the situation of Earth in 1999 just before Apophis's attack. Some kind of common ground...
          Last edited by lord groovy; 09 April 2010, 03:36 AM.
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

TBH i like that less.

i don't think we need an actual fleet to have a GWVF.

Spoiler:

appox. in 1995, the stargate was first activated. they found the planet they called the Alpha Site. here, they conducted research, and sent expeditions to explore the planet.

in 1999, the gate adress system was finally discovered. using known stellar charts, the adresses of nearby stars were calculated. by 2000, the second planet was discovered, and named the Beta Site. on the Alpha Site, the Heliopolis complex was discovered. though badly damaged, various pedestals containing information were found and study began. on the beta planet, fragments of an alien ship were found, and researched.
            by 2004, 5 planets were known, all within a bubble of 100 LYs around earth. no stargate outside that bubble has ever been dialed. research on the alien technology is going slow. the Beta Site is a full alien reseach and test facility, while Area 51 attempts to use the alien knowledge for human technology.

in 2005 America decides that their resources are not enough. a secret G8 meeting is held and they are informed. there is one most important rule: alien technology and research on it has to be shared. self-invented stuff does not have to be shared.

2006. the first Railgun tests are promising. by the end of the year, a successful production model is ready. the weapons are installed on the offworld sites and on Area 51.

2008 a program designed to account for stellar drift is first tested. though the errors on local gates are minimal, a further-away planet is dialled for the first time. unfortunately, it's a big desert. with the success of the new program however, the G8 decides to explore beyond our little bubble. a large stargate command facility is built, designed to be self-supplying and safe. an iris is installed, as well as earth's first production shield generator, naturally equipped with railguns, and properly supplied and powered. construction takes 2 years.

2009 the F-301 fighter is taken into production. equipped with the various alien technologies, it has inertial dampeners, more powerful engines, full anti-radar coating, and two railguns, as wel as air-to-air missiles.
            also capable of carrying one nuke, in the event of alien invasion.

2010. the story starts. Earth dials an adress found by the alien technology research teams

Comment

something like that seems like a good idea, lots of abilities for secrecy and hidden agendas etc etc

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Yea I think thekillman's idea is good, but we still need to flesh out alot more stuff.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Well we do need a fleet to be a GWVF. Otherwise its just fanfiction, the fleet element is important. now im being extreamely liberal on what constitutes a fleet for the purpose of opening up the fleets but i think theres a point where we go too far in removing that core part of the concept. What we need is for the timeline to be similar to that, but that as a backstory. Then we move forward on the new timeline of corrected mistakes from the show and set the actual fleet in the corrected universe but at the point where we begin to develop a more significant space flight capability. I dont dislike the timeline you have, although i think we could easily have earth with a dhd and remove all the issues of developing a stargate program. We know that giza had a DHD it was just captured by the russians, because it was used when they stole the Antarctica gate. All that needs to be corrected would be for the DHD to be shipped with the stargate itself and all the development issues of SG1 would be solved.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

there is a Goauld ship on earth Osiris ship it has hyperdrive we could have found it by accident

Comment

There are almost certainly ships leftover in antartica from the Lantians, there could be a hall of thors might in scandanavia or gouald ships in different locations around the world. Chances are that not all the goauld got to take everything with them after the Ra revolt.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

but getting allot of that at a too early time would create a whole lot of problems and would make the fleet go über zu schnell

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

über zu schnell
                          English please I don’t understand Dutch or germen

Comment

uber too fast.

aber das ist doch kein problem ? wir haben keine eigene schiffe notig, die Goa'uld haben menge schiffe.

Tep, we don't need our own fleet to be a fleet. i'm thinking of primarily fighter warfare first. nukes are terrifying weapons. that's firsts priority. then, i propose we go steal goa'uld ships. get some deathgliders for reverse-engineering. they should be relatively simple. get some more knowledge on the goauld. as we continue to explore the galaxy like that (i would like to explore our "quadrant" first, to prevent the need for uber hyperdrives), after approx. 3 years of using goauld ships, the D-302 comes into action, a 200m long ship equipped with the newest line of shields, railguns, hyperdrives, sensors, and rings. also comes with a quite primitive fusion cannon. this one is designed to kill alkesh and the cruiser-type ship i'd like to see above it.

after 5+ years of experience, we get a BC 303 of appox. 500 meters long, again equipped with the newest, shiniest toys yet, incorporating over 15 years of reverse-engineering knowledge, Tok'ra and other alien's enhancements, and probably Naquahdriah. by now the goauld got their wake-up call, and the primary mission is to take out the progressive goauld. after 10 years or so, the 304 comes into action. the goauld war would be at it's height, with a Free Jaffa Nation formed, consisting of jaffa which are now fully convinced the goauld are false gods, but also with factions like the Lucian Alliance rising. they all coexist in the same time, either at war, in a cold war or allied. i don't know. the Tok'ra would be turning from a resistance group to a kind of nation on it's own. the Hebridans then have access to hyperdrive technologies, shield technologies, etc, the Langarans (Quinn's race) are learning to master Naquahdriah, the Altairans by then are numerous so they can do more than just sit around and be, etc. the Asgard are still having a long struggle with the Replicators, and are still on the loosing side. the Nox have various Sanctuary worlds by then and help and guide these people.

that's about the direction i'd like to take. we always wrote in an easy fleet. if a F-301 would have 2 pilots, then we could have 100 -200 fighters with ease. as time goes by the 301's equipment would become better and better, using better and more powerful nukes, with more advanced engines and guidance systems, and our railguns would increase in power, etc.

we've had plenty of "easy fleet" fleets, why not do one where we have to build up one first

Comment

that is something I agree too. Working to the point at which it actually can be called a fleet should be allot of fun. It won't be easy, but we can do it, after all, how much fleets have we created, how much fan fics have we written/read?

Guppy I'm sorry about the tiny bit of German, I was reading a fic in German and listening to Geman music.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

why is it hard? we have F-301's to use, so it's not shipless. also, the occasional eppy-aboard-a-Tok'ra-Ha'tak is nice as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X