Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So few shows have grappled onto the concept of releasing bloopers. I think it's a market waiting to be tapped, a lot like Passion of the Christ, but so few of the big companies are willing to sink their teeth into them.

Yeah, Michael didn't think it was going to happen, and didn't seem to particularly care either way, but we might one day get our wish.

Comment

Originally posted by David
      So few shows have grappled onto the concept of releasing bloopers. I think it's a market waiting to be tapped, a lot like Passion of the Christ, but so few of the big companies are willing to sink their teeth into them.

Yeah, Michael didn't think it was going to happen, and didn't seem to particularly care either way, but we might one day get our wish.
      I know the British tv show Red Dwarf has done two blooper tapes and they were very well received.

Comment

It seems to me that people, including TPTB, sometimes forget that there are bloopers and there are bloopers. Of course it's embarrassing for an actor when everyone gets to see him/her never knowing their lines, falling asleep on set or running into walls because they didn't pay attention or whatever. But these bloopers are also not funny and not something I would want to see.
        There are tons of other bloopers though, after all even actors are only human and do make mistakes occasionally - stuff we fans can laugh about with them not about them! And then there's the teasing and the pranks like Amanda's *rant* in Solitudes; surely they have enough of these kinds of bloopers to fill dozens of DVDs.

When I think of a collection of bloopers I don't expect to be shown scenes embarrassing for anyone, I expect to be shown events that made everyone on set laugh, evidence that the cast and crew were having fun while doing their job.

Comment

Ultimately there's a difference between embarrassing to the individual, and embarrassing to the network. And I can kind-of understand it. Lemme help put it into perspective. I run a christian radio program, and one night we were broadcasting out to a state-wide fair. My boss was out next to the speakers drinking beer. He was halfway through a can when I began to do the evening prayer.

I got a phone call saying never to do that again.

I had embarrassed him. Made him look like a hipocrite. (Around here, drinking beer and being a person of faith don't go together, but that's another topic for another thread. Hopefully, you get my point.)

Now flip that around, where these suited execs are trying to present top-notch, well-directed material, and people wanting to see the mistakes. An embarrassment when you're in competition for good stuff. They're thinking their competition will be looking into this and saying, "wow, what sucky management."

In retrospect, it's not hard to figure out why they want to hush away the urge to see errors, be it pranks, bloopers, or running into walls.

We may think companies care what we think, but look at the music industry right now. Many are suing their customers for illegally downloading music. Obviously it's illegal, but they're willing to go through with it. Suing your customers is slowly changing from a non-sequitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Feli
            It seems to me that people, including TPTB, sometimes forget that there are bloopers and there are bloopers. Of course it's embarrassing for an actor when everyone gets to see him/her never knowing their lines, falling asleep on set or running into walls because they didn't pay attention or whatever. But these bloopers are also not funny and not something I would want to see.

There are tons of other bloopers though, after all even actors are only human and do make mistakes occasionally - stuff we fans can laugh about with them not about them! And then there's the teasing and the pranks like Amanda's *rant* in Solitudes; surely they have enough of these kinds of bloopers to fill dozens of DVDs.

When I think of a collection of bloopers I don't expect to be shown scenes embarrassing for anyone, I expect to be shown events that made everyone on set laugh, evidence that the cast and crew were having fun while doing their job.
            Yeah that's exactly it Feli! Like a lot of behind the scenes stuff we've been shown on the DVDs - you can see 'in the background' things happening in a scene and all the actors have fallen about laughing, but a lot of the time someone has been talking over this and we have missed out on what actually happened. These are the things that I would love to see. For example, the times when Rick ad libs and they feel it isn't right to keep in, but is incredibly funny anyway - I'd love to see those moments.

Comment

I just read that it is coming out in October 2004 and is, as yet, unavailable for preorder.

Comment

It probably wont be available for Pre-order until at least June, or in all likelyhood, July.
                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

The UK get it next year. So I'll be ordering my boxset nearer the time
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbabe
                    You know what they should do - a boxset of the bloopers after Season 8 comes out
                    When i first read this i thought you were gonna say 'a boxset of bloopers CALLED season 8'!

I'm in UK and i just bought seasons 2-6 on dvd from play.com as they were all half price at just £30. i always wait for things to rocket down in price.

spook
                    spook

Comment

Play.com has a large amount of offers on. Currently all of their boxsets are available for £29.99
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        Play.com has a large amount of offers on. Currently all of their boxsets are available for £29.99
                        Yeah I got my Season 6 boxset from them (but when it came out it was dearer). Does that apply to preorders?

Comment

A pre-order is when you order something several weeks/months/days in advance prior to its release
                          __

__

Comment

This was supposed to be released at the end of june in the uk right?. Im sure play had it listed for the end of June now they have changed it "Due for release on 21/03/2005".

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?sear...+7&page=search

Comment

Originally posted by Urgo
                              This was supposed to be released at the end of june in the uk right?. Im sure play had it listed for the end of June now they have changed it "Due for release on 21/03/2005".

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?sear...+7&page=search
                              Yeah that's right - I was only looking the other day and was just ready to go and pre-order it (for some reason when I done it last time it didn't go through) - and I just went over today to reorder and its down as 21st March next year!!!! I MEAN - NEXT YEAR???

Well that's just p***ed on my birthday

Comment

I remember that Play.com had it listed for release about two or three weeks after the final episode of season seven had aired on Sky. I was going to buy it on the release but next year, that is really annoying
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X