X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thor39
    haha god bless Britain

Why do they bother brining singles out fist us hardcore fans want the bog box sets.

Or you buy the both if you are stupid
    What I think is really stupid is that the last 'single' DVD is coming out the same day as the Boxset (so I heard)!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thorne
      There you go! Everyone's happy that way. People who already have the box sets don't get screwed. MGM gets more cash for yet another DVD stargater's will buy.
      Hey, you mean I came up with a good idea *off to canvass it to MGM*

Comment

Originally posted by David85
        I'm a little p---ed off that we don't get all the same things. Mayke it easy, release all the Dvd at the same time with the same crap.

My guess is that after the show ends they are going to release a mega box set, a box set with all the season box sets in it and it will have the extra stuff we never got to see.

They did that with Star Trek: TNG in a mega-box set in the shape of a borg cube.

It was Region 2.

Anyways, I bought season 2 seperately and ended up saving ten dollars (The Boxed set was over $60, and each seperate dvd was only $10) And Season 5, I believe, was only a little over $50, which was cheaper than any other season. I never got that.

The Man

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbabe
          What I think is really stupid is that the last 'single' DVD is coming out the same day as the Boxset (so I heard)!!!!
          I think that's what they did with season 6 it's because they shove half in boxes and sell the rest single

Comment

I think that's what they did with season 6 it's because they shove half in boxes and sell the rest single
            Is that what they done with Season 6? I remember waiting what seemed like ages for that!! (all my mates had bought them singularly grrr)

Pre-ordered Season 7 the other day

Comment

Hmm... well, in the US, they released the season 6 box set while it was still in syndication, which means maybe we Americans can hope for the season 7 box set sometime this summer, during season 8's airing on SciFi maybe.
              Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Well there's not many people around here who watch or buy it so i'm garanteed a copy.
                never buy from MVC as my season 6 first volume had a giant tear down the casing of the DVD box
                Naff quality, they probably tossed them round out back

Comment

Well there's not many people around here who watch or buy it so i'm garanteed a copy.
                  never buy from MVC as my season 6 first volume had a giant tear down the casing of the DVD box
                  Naff quality, they probably tossed them round out back
                  Your best bets to buy from the marketplaces on amazon.co.uk mate, I got Season 5 on there brand new for 42 quid + 2 quid p+p, thats over a tenner cheaper than I would've payed in MVC/HMV etc.

Also whats all this about Star Trek: TNG in a Borg cube. I'd quite like to get my hands on that.

Comment

Already posted this elsewhere, but what the heck:
                    Season seven will be released on region 1 in October.
                    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Hello everyone--

I was just reading on a dvd website called The Digital Bits that Season Seven of Stargate SG-1 should be hitting stores in October.

Here is the link to the web site!!

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

Comment

Yes... I just said that.

Comment

October??? I was hoping they would release it in July before the new season started. *sigh*

Comment

Well, if they were gonna release it that soon they'd announced it a long time ago... Sorry to dissappoint you.

Comment

Originally posted by thorne
                              There you go! Everyone's happy that way. People who already have the box sets don't get screwed. MGM gets more cash for yet another DVD stargater's will buy.

I talked with Michael Shanks recently and informed him regarding Joe Mallozzi's plans to hopefully release an SG-1 commemorative DVD when the series finally does end. Shanks had not heard of this plan prior, and shook his head when I mentioned adding bloopers to the arsenal of extras. "That isn't a good idea," said Shanks.

Why not?

"Outtakes are material that didn't make it to the screen for a reason - they're mess-ups. MGM generally does not like releasing that kind of material. That's why scenes such as Tapping with O'Neill in Solitudes are so rare."

Of course this isn't word-for-word, but that was his gist.

I hope he's wrong, but then again, Shanks is rarely wrong.

Comment

Seems Michael Shanks shares Brad Wrights views on bloopers, then...

Comment

Working...
                                X