This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmilco
    You know what gets me more then anything, they put different features on the different Regions!! ARG! I feel cheated when I buy my s6 DVDs and find out the UK has all these extras I don't!
    I so agree with you BCM... I was picking my jaw up off the floor when I heard there might be *other* stuff on the DVDs that I was not seeing.....was still irking me until I read this thread....if it is true that it REALLY is ALL there just switched around...then I think I will be okay........maybe I should put this sad addiction in the thread of..."You know you are Hooked when......"
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I'm a little p---ed off that we don't get all the same things. Mayke it easy, release all the Dvd at the same time with the same crap.

My guess is that after the show ends they are going to release a mega box set, a box set with all the season box sets in it and it will have the extra stuff we never got to see.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
        My guess is that after the show ends they are going to release a mega box set <snip> and it will have the extra stuff we never got to see.
        Now that would really tick me off, unless they also made those extras available as a separate package for all the folks who bought the box sets or individual discs as ther were released.

Comment

I'm waiting for them to release all the cut scenes and bloopers from every season. That's something I'd pay good money for!

But if they package it with all the previous seasons I'd be angry because I already bought them!
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I'm waiting for them to release all the cut scenes and bloopers from every season. That's something I'd pay good money for!
            Oh I would LOVE to watch the bloopers from this show.....just from the little that we see on the DVD extras you know they have got to be hilarious.

I too would pay good money for that
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That would be a fab dvd to have.
              sigpic

Comment

But if they package it with all the previous seasons I'd be angry because I already bought them!
                Same Here! It wouldbe great if they would release a special DVD with loads of deleted scenes (the kiss in BtS etc) and bloopers! It would be so much fun!!!
                It wouldbe stupid if they did add them on with the Episode DVD's cause everybody will have already brought themin separate box sets or discs

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

I don't think they actually filmed the kiss in BtS IIRC it was only in the script
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bartinator
                    So if any of you big wigs at MGM are reading this....."release season seven in the US and Canada now".
                    Perhaps a "MGM: Release Season 7 Boxed Set in the U.S. and Canada! NOW!" petition, or initiative should be created. I would sign up in a heart beat.

Of course, realistically, before they release a boxed set, they will release each individual DVD so they can rake in some extra cash on the truly helplessly addicted.

I would be happy just knowing WHEN I can get the region 1 encoded boxed set for season 7. I am tempted to purchase the Region 2 encoded UK DVD boxed set, but fear that I will end up with redundant "special features."

This is also one of the reasons they mix up special features and what not, if you ask me. Further more, the whole reason for region encoding ... to help maintain the local markets that DVDs are released in.
                    Last edited by thorne; 05 May 2004, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thorne
                      Perhaps a "MGM: Release Season 7 Boxed Set in the U.S. and Canada! NOW!" petition, or initiative should be created. I would sign up in a heart beat.

Of course, realistically, before they release a boxed set, they will release each individual DVD so they can rake in some extra cash on the truly helplessly addicted.

I would be happy just knowing WHEN I can get the region 1 encoded boxed set for season 7. I am tempted to purchase the Region 2 encoded UK DVD boxed set, but fear that I will end up with redundant "special features."

This is also one of the reasons they mix up special features and what not, if you ask me. Further more, the whole reason for region encoding ... to help maintain the local markets that DVDs are released in.
                      I think your right, all they really want to do is rake in all the dough from us stargateaholics. I won't however buy the UK version of the DVD, that's way to much cash. Then on top of that you have to pay for shipping and GOD only knows how long that will take. Maybe we should start a petition. I wonder how would we be able to make that happen and who would we send it to for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by thorne
                        Nah... With the previous box sets, they released the box first and individual volumes afterwards. The only exception, I think, was the first two discs of season one.

Of course, for region 2 it's the other way around...
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Nah... With the previous box sets, they released the box first and individual volumes afterwards.
                          Thanks! That's good to know.

I honestly doubt that starting a petition would get MGM to release the season 7 boxed set any earlier in the US and Canada. For that matter, we don't even know _when_ the planned release is.

I will look into this further, and see if I can come up with any additional information.
                          -Thorne

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                            Oh I would LOVE to watch the bloopers from this show.....just from the little that we see on the DVD extras you know they have got to be hilarious.

I too would pay good money for that
                            You know what they should do - a boxset of the bloopers after Season 8 comes out

Comment

haha god bless Britain

Why do they bother brining singles out fist us hardcore fans want the bog box sets.

Or you buy the both if you are stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksbabe
                                You know what they should do - a boxset of the bloopers after Season 8 comes out
                                There you go! Everyone's happy that way. People who already have the box sets don't get screwed. MGM gets more cash for yet another DVD stargater's will buy.

Originally posted by thor39
                                Or you buy them both if you are stupid
                                Maybe that is what they are hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X