This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was about to create a new thread but after & quick search dug up this one

unfortunately it doesn't provide a definite answer save for the fact that a jaffa with a primtah can't become a host to a goa'uld

questions still to be answered :

1) can a jaffa without a primtah (ie. with an empty pouch) be taken over by an adult goa'uld symbiont ?
    some ppl mentioned 1969 but I don't remember anything of the sort mentioned in the ep (script plz ?)

2) if so, can jaffas survive with an empty pouch if they're host to an adult symbiont ?
    in other words can an adult snake in the head replace a baby snake in the pouch ?
    (of course with a snake in the head the jaffa will only "live" as a slave, but they'll still live)

3) can present-day Teal'c (without primtah & on tretonin) be taken over by a goa'uld ?

Comment

yes. I can't find it, but i remember hearing teal'c say if they remain in 1969, he'll eventually be taken over by his infant goa'uld
      1) yes

2) i would imagine so. the host aspect means that the goa'uld will become thier immune system, which is what the primta is.

3) i think so. we have nothing saying that he can't. But i don't know if hte tretonin in his blood would conflict with the goa'uld or not
      Check out The Warrior, K'Tano - a goa'uld - became host to a goa'uld
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

this is from the tomb

SAM: Sir, as you know, Teal’C body is incapable of sustaining a symbiote
        as long as he’s carrying a larval Goa’Uld. And he doesn’t sense a
        presence in me, so … That leaves Daniel, Major Vallarin and … (The
        Colonel’s look at each other) well … (They point their guns at each
        other) the two of you, Sir.

sigpic

Comment

ok (guess that makes sense anyway since jaffas are almost genetically identical to humans, and we know goa'ulds can take over even [some] non-humanoid hosts)

so the only reason primtahs don't take over their own jaffa once mature is because the jaffas will be needed for future primtahs

Comment

that and since the goa'uld see jaffa as a lower form of life, they wouldn't 'sully' themselves by taking what htey see as basically an animal as a host.

that's why goa'uld have lotars - or system lords anyway - to have an emergency host around that's pure human.

k'tano was only taken as a host so that the goa'uld could hide.

the one thing they never cover is...as fast as the goa'uld blow through jaffa - using them as canon fodder - i'd expect some sort of breeding program. a way to make sure they have plenty of incubators for their children, not to mention a nice big army

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Lexx;4357821]*snipped* On the other hand we have "Crossroads", which has Shau'nac almost dieing because Tanith is completely mature and needs a host. *QUOTE]

Remember Tanith was pretending to be a good guy, and taking shanauc as host would sully his image.
              1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

tanith's goal was to infiltrate the tok'ra, so taking sho'nac as host woulda ruined his plans...and the snakes seem to have some level of choice. in COTG, Amaunet gave her approval/disapproval of hosts, which is why Kettering was killed and Shau'ri chosen

sigpic

Comment

Why can't a goa'uld live inside a Jaffa long term? Why must their be a human or other host? It doesn't make sense to me and I'm hoping it's due to a lack of information on my part. If anyone has a plausible explanation, I eager to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by taurieJim View Post
                    Why can't a goa'uld live inside a Jaffa long term? Why must their be a human or other host? It doesn't make sense to me and I'm hoping it's due to a lack of information on my part. If anyone has a plausible explanation, I eager to hear.
                    In 1962 Teal'c presumes that this is exactly what his symbiote will do when it matures, but later canon suggests that it couldn't happen. Sometimes the suggestion is simply that one Goa'uld can't control a Jaffa while another is incubating in the pouch, at other times it's rigth out, presumably because the Jaffa is designed as a dependent organism; from puberty onwards the pouch symbiote is a vital part of their anatomy.

Alternatively, they just don't take Jaffa hosts on the grounds that it's... tacky. A Jaffa is a slave and an incubator for immature Goa'uld. It would be the equivalent of spending your whole life wandering around in nappies and baby-grows.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                    X