Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is that those pouches look awesome and I want one!
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

OK, to clear things up:

Jaffa can be taken as hosts, but not if they are carrying a symbiote (Of course, if they're not carrying a symiote they'll die anyway )

Tanith didn't take Shaun'ac as a host because she needed to teach more symbiotes how to be good little snakes

The sarc healed Jack because all the stuff Hathor did was physical, but with Jaffa the pouch is genetically built-in, so the Sarc doesn't heal it.

Comment

cuz in 1969 teal'c said that if he couldnt get a new symbiote, jr would take over him as a host. but in a later episode i remember carter saying that the jaffa cannot be taken as hosts, kinda like in shaunac's case where tanith didnt take her as a host. does anyone know if the jaffa biologically cannot be taken as hosts, or do the goauld just dont like taking jaffa as hosts?

Comment

i know the symbiote in jaffas body can (season 2 1969) but i dont know if another one can.
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Well I know they used to be not able to be taken but now, witht the tretonin who knows?

Comment

he ment the goauld inside of him would take him over making him a goauld and not a jaffa

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                i know the symbiote in jaffas body can (season 2 1969) but i dont know if another one can.
                I'd say probably yes, but only by kicking the prim'tah out. Canon is conflicted, though (as noted above), so you're welcome to come up with your own explanation.
                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

One word.

Imhotep.

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
                    One word.

Imhotep.
                    I thought that Imhotep's host was human, and so Imhotep was masquerading as his Jaffa First Prime, while in the human host. If that's the case, it doesn't solve anything, though I might be wrong.

Comment

Sorry, posted twice by accident .

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17
                        cuz in 1969 teal'c said that if he couldnt get a new symbiote, jr would take over him as a host. but in a later episode i remember carter saying that the jaffa cannot be taken as hosts, kinda like in shaunac's case where tanith didnt take her as a host. does anyone know if the jaffa biologically cannot be taken as hosts, or do the goauld just dont like taking jaffa as hosts?
                        The series gives us conflicting signals perhaps we should ask Joe Mallozzi to clear the matter up.
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by TheUniqueDrone
                          I thought that Imhotep's host was human, and so Imhotep was masquerading as his Jaffa First Prime, while in the human host. If that's the case, it doesn't solve anything, though I might be wrong.
                          This is correct as we can see since it is on sci fi right now. Imhotep is human he does not have a bouch at the end when tea'lc kills him.

I think a Jaffa cannot be taken as a host while he has a primta in him. As for being taken over by his own primta, I guess he can because teal'c did say that would happen in 1969.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

No, I remember watching an episode when someone said a symbiote cannot blend with a jaffa.

Comment

a symbiote cannot blend with a jaffa while he has a primta

basically, a human is a single occupancy dwelling

they can carry a primta OR be a host, but not both at the same time

now, let's say teal'c is stranded on an deserted planet and junior is ready to take a host, rather than die, junior will take teal'c as host. (yeah, iknow 1969 is inconsistent. course they also had daniel being 4 1/2 which wasn't possible since it was summer and his birthday is in july)

in imhotep's case, i believe that the goauld took the primta out of k'tano, then took k'tano as host, maintaining the masquerade that k'tano was still a jaffa
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                a symbiote cannot blend with a jaffa while he has a primta

basically, a human is a single occupancy dwelling

they can carry a primta OR be a host, but not both at the same time

now, let's say teal'c is stranded on an deserted planet and junior is ready to take a host, rather than die, junior will take teal'c as host. (yeah, iknow 1969 is inconsistent. course they also had daniel being 4 1/2 which wasn't possible since it was summer and his birthday is in july)

in imhotep's case, i believe that the goauld took the primta out of k'tano, then took k'tano as host, maintaining the masquerade that k'tano was still a jaffa
                                But at the end of the show Raknor pulls open K'tanos shirt and their is no pouch and he even says "hes not jaffa"... so I agree with everything you said except the last part. Imhotep was Imhotep he just was pretending to be a jaffa and since he was such a minor gou'ld no one noticed it was him.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X