This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that could have two explanations

yes, inhotep just took on the personna of k'tano - but how do you explain all the jaffa following him?

my interpretation was that imhotep took the body of his first prime as host. and to do that, he took out and killed the man's primta

he had no pouch because the goauld healed it. remember in bane? janet had to surgically re-open teal'c's pouch after it started to heal
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17
      cuz in 1969 teal'c said that if he couldnt get a new symbiote, jr would take over him as a host. but in a later episode i remember carter saying that the jaffa cannot be taken as hosts, kinda like in shaunac's case where tanith didnt take her as a host. does anyone know if the jaffa biologically cannot be taken as hosts, or do the goauld just dont like taking jaffa as hosts?

Darn those writers. I'm sure it's just a slip up. To quote the Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        that could have two explanations

yes, inhotep just took on the personna of k'tano - but how do you explain all the jaffa following him?

my interpretation was that imhotep took the body of his first prime as host. and to do that, he took out and killed the man's primta

he had no pouch because the goauld healed it. remember in bane? janet had to surgically re-open teal'c's pouch after it started to heal
        Well since a Jaffa said he was not a Jaffa I am going to go with the "hes not a Jaffa" explanation.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

It isn't very clear in The Warrior, but I am going with Skydiver's explanation, because the pouch could heal. I checked it out on the web before I posted before, and several sources say that K'Tano was Imhotep's First Prime, so how can he disguise himself AS K'Tano unless he TAKES OVER K'Tano?

Comment

here's joe's answere, which really doesnt' answer our question since it can be interpreted to mean both that k'tano was just imhotep in disguise or that imhotep took up residence in ktano's body

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Skydiver
            Hi Joe

a quick question about an old episode. In The Warrior we have been debating.....was K'tano/Imhotep a goauld who pretended to be first prime or did the snake take his own first prime as host to hide, presumably removing the first prime's primta to take up residence himself ?

He was a goa'uld.

sigpic

Comment

as sam says in "the first ones", "Teal'cs the only one we can be sure isn't a host".

So jaffa can't be hosts

Comment

not necessarily... i thought she just meant that a goauld from the waters of that planet couldnt jump into teal'c so long as teal'c had one in his belly. theyd duke it out inside teal'c and probably die... thats what i thought

Comment

Originally posted by sg1 volgman
                  as sam says in "the first ones", "Teal'cs the only one we can be sure isn't a host".

So jaffa can't be hosts
                  At least not while the "occupied" sign is out (aka, jaffa has a primta)
                  Although I think Imhotep was just pretending to be K'Tano and no Jaffa highjacking was involved, but we will never know for sure.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17
                    not necessarily... i thought she just meant that a goauld from the waters of that planet couldnt jump into teal'c so long as teal'c had one in his belly. theyd duke it out inside teal'c and probably die... thats what i thought
                    that's how i've always interpreted it. now one of my first fic that i ever wrote had a goauld jumping into tealc' and taking him as a host (and i get feedback telling me that i'm wrong....thing is it was written back in s2-3 and jaffa not being taken by the goauld wasn't canon for a few more years...so it was right at the time)

How i see it, a jaffa can only carry one symbiote at a time, be it an immature one in a pouch or a mature one wrapped around his/her spine.

now, personally, i don't see it as a far stretch for a goauld to remove a jaffa's primta and then take that jaffa as a host, especially if it was the choice between doing that or dying.

i don't believe you can be a goauld AND jaffa at the same time, but teal'c's comments in 1969 suggest that a snake can take a jaffa as a host, they just have to empty the pouch first.

sigpic

Comment

Can't remember what they are called, but in Summit, Lord Yu had a human servant who was there to be taken as a host, should his existing host's body be too badly damaged to heal...Daniel took his place to spy on the summit...

I'd assume that all System Lords, and important Goa'uld would have one...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

It sure is an interesting question. On the one hand we have "1969", which explicitly says a Jaffa can be taken as a host. On the other hand we have "Crossroads", which has Shau'nac almost dieing because Tanith is completely mature and needs a host. Also, in "Enemies" one of Apophis' Jaffa is complaining that when their current symbiotes mature, they all will die since there will be no new Prim'tah. Since there won't really be an abundancy of hosts bodies, the mature symbiotes would logically take over the Jaffa if they could. Any Jaffa (at least back then) would've been overjoyed at the thought of living in communion with one of his or her God's. Has anyone asked definitively in Joe's thread whether or not Jaffa can be taken as hosts? Because if no one has......
                        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Well, someone should ask Joe, it's a bit confusing. And about K'tano/Imhotep. Imhotep controlled K'tano all the way, the theory that the host is K'tano, I think is true, but I don't think that Imhotep was hiding in K'tano. K'tano would notice that his pouch was closed and he would probably not act like a Goa'uld wearing Jaffa clothes and sending other Jaffa to their doom.

Comment

the guys in summit/last stand were called Lotars. personal body slaves.

and yes, tanith wouldn't take shonac as host, however that could be argued that he was refusing to take her because he wanted to get put into a tok'ra

as to asking joe, go for it. i asked him and got the response above. maybe a different question would garner a clearer answer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mazzmatazz
                              One word.

Imhotep.
                              Imhotep was not Jaffa. That much is clearly stated at the end of The Warrior.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Ok, from the information we have it seems to me safe to say that a go'uld cannot take over a Jaffa who has a primta. Since jaffa cannot live long without the primta jaffa are not normally in a position to be taken over by a go'uld.

Now it also seems that if the go'uld in the jaffa matures and needs to take a host it is able to take over its own jaffa.

It is unclear if a go'uld can rip a primta out of a jaffa and then take that jaffa as a host, maybe it can or maybe there is something that prevents it. Maybe the primta releases some sort of chemical, as the primta matures the chemical dissabates and by the time the primta is fully mature the chemical is gone and the go'uld can take over the Jaffa but if the primta is just ripped out maybe not enough time passes for the chemical to dissabate before the jaffa dies.

Also, what happens if a Jaffa is taking Tretonin? Can they be taken over by a go'uld or is there some chemical in the growned up go'uld that would prevent this. And what if the Tretonin was fully sythenisized as opposed to being actual ground go'uld?

Comment

Working...
                                X