• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Torley

I've been going around threads seeing that, and i'm like "What?"
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I guess I kinda figured they would be able to enter the hosts body and then rip out the snake from the stomach, after all its just an immature baby and the goauld aren't all that "parental"

Comment

well, you're right. in 1969 teal'c said if junior grew up, he'd take him as a host. then in the tomb, he said he couldn't be blended while he had junior. (i'm presuming tomean that humans are a single occupancy dwelling. they can't host a snake and incubate one at the same time)

my guess is, like in the case of k'tano, the goa'uld ripped the snake from the jaffa's pouch (something relatively easy to do) then took him as host.

as to the X. i'm sure there will be a scar, but in bane janet said 'the pouch was already starting to heal' so i'd imagine they're like piercings, if there's not something in them to keep them open, they'll eventually grow over
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          well, you're right. in 1969 teal'c said if junior grew up, he'd take him as a host. then in the tomb, he said he couldn't be blended while he had junior. (i'm presuming tomean that humans are a single occupancy dwelling. they can't host a snake and incubate one at the same time)

my guess is, like in the case of k'tano, the goa'uld ripped the snake from the jaffa's pouch (something relatively easy to do) then took him as host.
          Or he just slapped a gold "v" on his own forhead and killed his first prime. Since Imotep was a minor goa'uld no rebel Jaffa is lilely to know hos or his first primes face and be able to call his bluff.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
            Or he just slapped a gold "v" on his own forhead and killed his first prime. Since Imotep was a minor goa'uld no rebel Jaffa is lilely to know hos or his first primes face and be able to call his bluff.
            that's possible, but i thought that k'tano portrayed himself as a first prime who'd killed his goauld and led his men to freedom, so it was in his advantage to possess k'tano and impersonate a jaffa rather than starting off having to establish his credibility

sigpic

Comment

i'm presuming tomean that humans are a single occupancy dwelling. they can't host a snake and incubate one at the same time
              "single occupancy dwlling." I like the way you put that

As for K'tano after he was killed he didn't have an "X" there wasn't even a scar, his stomach was completely normal so I always assumed that he was the original goa'uld and just offed his first prime.
              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                "single occupancy dwlling." I like the way you put that
                Yah i liked that too
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

as to the X. i'm sure there will be a scar, but in bane janet said 'the pouch was already starting to heal' so i'd imagine they're like piercings, if there's not something in them to keep them open, they'll eventually grow over
                  So, if the Jaffa are just modified humans, then it makes sense that they can be a host, just so long as they don't have their own "Junior" at the time.

What always confused me was when Hathor turned O'Neill into a Jaffa, but then he was "healed" from that using a sarcophagus. Has no one ever thought to try this with Teal'c? I mean, I know sarcophagi are hard to come by, but Daniel always seems to find one when he needs one. Or is this a horse that's already been beaten to death?

What I've never been able to reconcile is Teal'c's comments in "1969" about how his symbiote will overtake him, and Shaun'ac's situation in "Crossroads". Didn't she have to get her junior out because it was fully mature and couldn't stay in her any longer? I seem to remember she went through quite a bit of pain at the time. Why wouldn't it have taken her over instead?
                  Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by taupecat
                    So, if the Jaffa are just modified humans, then it makes sense that they can be a host, just so long as they don't have their own "Junior" at the time.

What always confused me was when Hathor turned O'Neill into a Jaffa, but then he was "healed" from that using a sarcophagus. Has no one ever thought to try this with Teal'c? I mean, I know sarcophagi are hard to come by, but Daniel always seems to find one when he needs one. Or is this a horse that's already been beaten to death?

What I've never been able to reconcile is Teal'c's comments in "1969" about how his symbiote will overtake him, and Shaun'ac's situation in "Crossroads". Didn't she have to get her junior out because it was fully mature and couldn't stay in her any longer? I seem to remember she went through quite a bit of pain at the time. Why wouldn't it have taken her over instead?
                    O'Neill, as I understand it was modified to be a Jaffa, in essence "first-generation." Teal'c meanwhile, was Jaffa because his parents were, "muti-generation." Teal'c could not be "healed" because he was born with it, it was his scar. The sarcophagus can not heal scars (Apothis season 4 scar). While Jack's pouch was an open wound.

Shaun'ac's symbiote was trying to be "nice" and not take her as a host. If it did there would have been a chance she would not survive. But its instinct was to blend, like a frog still undrwater with the tadpoles, the symbiote could not breath.
                    Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                    Daniel: Niet.
                    Jack: Daniel!
                    Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                    -1969 (221)

Comment

actually, i think tanith didn't take shonac over because it wanted to get into the tok'ra. and it possibly had that goauld/jaffa mindset that females were 'lesser' hosts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MadJaffa
                        O'Neill, as I understand it was modified to be a Jaffa, in essence "first-generation." Teal'c meanwhile, was Jaffa because his parents were, "muti-generation." Teal'c could not be "healed" because he was born with it, it was his scar. The sarcophagus can not heal scars (Apothis season 4 scar). While Jack's pouch was an open wound.
                        Now THAT is interesting because I've been wondering about it... whether the sarcophagus will treat deformities and things like that. I haven't seen all of the Apophis episodes but when I was first introduced to the show, I found it odd that in some pictures his face was covered up with metal plating.

They must have really good plastic surgeons in some cases, then, because over thousands of years some very long-living Goa'uld must have been in a lot of battles, and had some sort of wounds they couldn't treat right away by leaping into the nearest open sarcophagus. They haven't explained it exactly on the show but it's one of those things that gets more messy the more words are attached to it
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

But the sarcophagus will correct vision.

Hmm; it probably would get rid of scars and old Jaffa pouches, but only if you were run through the thing so many times that poor old Teal'c would be running around without a symbiote, but instead trying to eat people's brains or something. The Goa'uld go through the sarc time and again, usually while their wounds are still fresh, and moreover their scars probably fade with time.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

actually, i think tanith didn't take shonac over because it wanted to get into the tok'ra. and it possibly had that goauld/jaffa mindset that females were 'lesser' hosts
                            Well yeah, he was actting "nice" because he wanted to get in, notice the quotaion marks indicatin sacasam.
                            Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
                            Daniel: Niet.
                            Jack: Daniel!
                            Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
                            -1969 (221)

Comment

Tanith didn't take Shan'auc as a host because Teal'c had to have his grieving vengeance.

Shan'auc getting taken would have been prime angst, but a bit...well, a bit Daniel really.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The most screwed-up Teal'c (apart from brainwashing) was the "wrong" one from "Tin Man"! No need for a sarc to get like that -- that's rage!!
                                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                                X