No announcement yet.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend IMed me about quote " Hammond died" .

I'm like, "what in continuum?"

Then I realize he meant Don S. Davis

I'm so saddened by this. He was a great actor and good person from what I hear, so sorry to his family and friends my condolences always.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
      Really, really sad news. Hammond of Texas will always live in my heart.
      Truer words have never been spoken

Comment

This is the first time I've ever been affected by the passing of an actor. I saw him for 7 seasons of SG-1 and he really made an impression.

Rest in peace.

Comment

I am absolutely stunned by this news. You have left us too soon Don.

Thank you for the wonderful years and memories you gave us. R.I.P. knowing you will never be forgotten sir.

Hammond of Texas begins the greatest journey yet.

My condolences to his friends, family, and all the lives he touched.

God Bless You Sir!

Comment

SG1 - Don S. Davis - MGM Statement:

At the MGM Stargate site:

In Loving Memory
            Don S. Davis (1942-2008)

"We are deeply saddened by the passing of our dear friend and colleague Don S. Davis," said Charles Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President, MGM.

"He was a talented actor and his achievements will always be remembered. Our hearts go out to Don's family, friends and fans."

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

My condolences go out to his friends and family of the coolest guy in science fiction television (imo). I am truly mourning the loss of both Don S. Davis and Maj. Gen. George Hammond.
              The most memorable part about Hammond (the character) is his patience, as for Davis it would be the fact that he would always mess up his lines.
              Harmony to McKay: "Perhaps it would be best if you'd stop speaking, your voice hurts my ears."

Comment

I hope I'm not stepping on Darren's toes (If i am, I'm sorry!)

I decided to add a tribute page to Don at my website (Which for those of you
                that don't know it, it's www.Selmak.org ~ possibly the coolest website ever
                run by a Tok'Ra symbiote. Don is heavily featured on it, along with Tony
                Amendola, Carmen Argenziano, Garry Chalk but I thought adding a fan memorial page should be done.)

If anyone is interested in sharing a memory, photos or whatever, just drop
                me an email at selmakATselmakDOTorg.

Thxs!

Helena
                sigpic

Selmak.Org ~ A website dedicated to a Snarky Symbiote & Her Boy Toys.
                Sel's Memorial to Don Davis.

Comment

I was very sorry to hear the news. Was looking forward to seeing him in Chicago.

Rest in peace. Godspeed.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by me

Comment

RIP Hammond of Texas.

Don you were one hell of a actor and brought so much life into Hammond, you will be missed by all
                    Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

David Hewlett made a brief post on his blog:

http://www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/content/view/257/35/

Colin Cunningham posted as well on his blog

http://www.centigradethemovie.com/20...for-my-friend/

Joe Mallozzi's blog today

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...f-don-s-davis/
                      Last edited by prion; 01 July 2008, 04:47 PM.

Comment

My condolences to Don's family, his friends and co-workers. He was a gentleman and a gentle man. He always had time for a fan, going out of his way to make us all feel special, as a group and as individuals. He will be missed. Peace, Don.

DragonCon 2006

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I'll miss Don S Davis and I will look at the autograph picture I got of him and remeber him plus watch the stargate dvds wih him in it. So, my conzolis to the famliy and other people that knew him.

Created & Credited to The SG-1 Guru

Comment

DON S. DAVIS:
                            Godspeed

Just sayin', may you Rest in Peace.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

... Farewell, and RIP ...
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I only just found out, maybe an hour ago now.

I have no words for the sadness that is in my heart right now. I had the great pleasure of seeing Don in person no less than 3 times at Creation's Chicago Convention. He was so loved that when Creation called him in to pinch hit for Joe Fannagan 2 years ago, no one felt like they had missed out. Heck, someone even stood up and told him so! He was a wonderful story teller and one of the kindest sweetest men in the UNIVERSE. I will be missing him when I attend the upcoming Chicago and Vancouver conventions at which I had hoped to see him again. I have on of those 10 years of SG-1 books, and I wanted him to sign it. Now I think I may make something and fasten it to the place he would have signed, saving it.

Don will forever be missed and never be forgotten. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his extended SG-1 family.

Not only should the first episode of Season 5 of Atlantis and Continuum be dedicated to him, but I hope they will include a feature dedicated to him on the Continuum DVD's, if it's not to late to add it. It is the least we can ask for out of our love for such a great man.

Thank you, Don.

Comment

Working...
                                X