This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike123 View Post
    Unending - wish they had brought in O'Neill, even though he probably would have died just like Landry
    Heroes - obvious
    I agree with you. I wish O'Neill was there as well. The last episode, him being there from the beginning. I would have loved to see Jack with the team at the end.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

I think Threads and Heros were sad for me. I've been rewatching all of my SG1 DVDs over the past few weeks, and with things that are going on in my life...a lot of them seem sad.
      sigpic

Comment

SG1: Heroes, without a doubt.

SGA: Lifeline and before I sleep had me tearing up

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          I think Threads and Heros were sad for me. I've been rewatching all of my SG1 DVDs over the past few weeks, and with things that are going on in my life...a lot of them seem sad.
          LtColCarter,

Hope this sad season passes soon. Remember, in spite of the odds SG1 always came back strong. You will too
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

I am with the majority here (shocking for me!).

-Meridian- Duh! Because of Daniel! But specifically, the scene with Janet in the observation room, and every scene between Jack and Daniel. But I would also add the beginning of Revelations to the list here because what really gets me crying at the end of Meridian and the beginning of Revelations is that HORRIBLY sad music they play! So haunting and sniffle-worthy.

-Heroes- Again, fairly obvious why. The scenes that get me here are Teal'c's talk with Sam about the eulogy, and Daniel on the tape screaming Janet's name.

Now here's where I will be sent packing: I don't find Unending sad AND I didn't get mad they killed off the Asgard. I love the Asgard, but I thought it was a brilliant storyline and a fitting and dramatic end to the race that was worthy of a series finale. I hate "And they all lived happily ever after" endings. I want "And they all lived contentedly, but sobered by life experiences." And that's what Unending did for me. Great great episode.....But, yes, would have been WAAAAAAAY better with O'Neill rather than Landry!

Comment

D&C: They killed Martouf
              Last Stand/Summit: and Lantash
              Threads: and Jacob
              Heroes: and Janet
              Cure: and Egeria
              Unending: and the Asgard someone mentioned the Asgard were supposed to be killed according to greek mythology - is that really true? Are they mentioned there?

-Snotr
              sigpic Avatar, and icons in sig by Luciana

Favorite love-dodecagon:
              (See http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2238)
              Lantash/Jolinar/Martouf/Sam/Thor/Jack/Kanan/Tea'lc/Junior/Freya/Daniel/Anise

Comment

Originally posted by Snotr View Post
                D&C: They killed Martouf
                Last Stand/Summit: and Lantash
                Threads: and Jacob
                Heroes: and Janet
                Cure: and Egeria
                Unending: and the Asgard someone mentioned the Asgard were supposed to be killed according to greek mythology - is that really true? Are they mentioned there?

-Snotr
                Could not agree more.

Regarding the Asgard...I don't think the Aesir is mentioned in greek mythology? (The Aesir are the gods that inhabit Asgard in Norse mythology). The majority of the Aesir dies in Ragnarok, but some survive to be gods in the new world that arises after it.

-Skadi
                sigpic
                Smilies made by Roeskva (http://www.tokra.dk/smilies.html)

"Hear this. The days of the Goa'uld System Lords are numbered. Tell them that I died with hope. My death only feeds the fire that burns strong in the Tok'ra." (Jolinar, "In the Line of Duty")

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                  But I would also add the beginning of Revelations to the list here because what really gets me crying at the end of Meridian and the beginning of Revelations is that HORRIBLY sad music they play! So haunting and sniffle-worthy.
                  Oh wow, yes! Stargate has excellent music in general (or so I judge because I notice how good it is quite often), but just play a few notes of that theme, and I'm tearing up. Although sad scenes without music, like most (all?) of Heroes have that extra impact as well.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                  ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Saddest episodes for me:

SG1: Heroes pt 2 - When they revealed it was Janet I was genuinely caught by surprised, and very sad about it when it happened.

Atlantis: Sunday - Another kill-off that left me pretty sad. I didn't expect them to kill him off the way they did.

Comment

Heroes Part 2 is definitely my saddest Stargate episode. It reduces me to tears every time I watch it. Everything in that episode is incredible. It's such a well made episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Unending and not just the Asgard dying but the scene where Mitchell trashes his room to.

Comment

Well crap, I haven't see Unending yet or much of season 10 lol. But ignoring what I read, there of the saddest episodes for me has to be Meridian, A Hundred Days and Heroes Pt 2. It was pretty sad seeing the video that Daniel Jackson filmed. But the whole conversation between the reporter (don't know his name) and Daniel about the photograph was something emotional for me on a pretty symbolic level.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                            LtColCarter,

Hope this sad season passes soon. Remember, in spite of the odds SG1 always came back strong. You will too
                            Thanks! I hope so! The other day, I was contemplating what I would do if I had a jumper with a time machine in it like the one SG-1 uses in Morpheous.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              Thanks! I hope so! The other day, I was contemplating what I would do if I had a jumper with a time machine in it like the one SG-1 uses in Morpheous.
                              Yeah. Some days are like that but it's the same reason Carter didn't want to use it. You'd change not just the bad but the good as well, so you'd lose those people and relationships that you really wouldn't want to give up today.

There are consequences to anything we change in our lives, sometimes good, sometimes not so good, but this too shall pass. Believe me.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Mada
                              As a matter of FIC

Comment

I like to add Lifeboat to the list.

Just watched it for the first time last night, and I teared up during the scenes involving Keenin. I'm a sucker for father-son stuff so...yeah, there was a lot of that. Also, Michael Shanks is amazing, and so is James Parks.

Comment

Working...
                                X