This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
    I seriously suspect that if they could, TPTB would've brought RDA back for 'Unending' but they couldn't since they were already in the process of filming the final 3 episodes when SG-1 got the axe, and RDA had already fulfilled his quota of appearing in 5 episodes. On such short notice, it'd have been impossible for them to have convinced RDA to appear one last time and draw up all the necessary paper work and such, considering their tight deadlines.
    At Avalon Rick said he wasn't asked to appear in "Unending"...

Comment

Saddest episodes... "Singularity"- the thing with Carter and Cassie was so sweet and yet sad... "Gamekeeper"- Daniel's parents dieing was sad, but watching it again and again was really sad. ... "Heroes pt 2"- well, that's kinda obvious... "Threads"- more death! WHY???!!!... "Avalon"- No More Jack!! The horror! Practically death!! And then finally...
      "Unending"- ARRGGHH!!!!!!!! This is to much!!!!!!! I'm leaving.

Curse you, Sci-Fi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Åsgard_Thor View Post
        Tell us what episodes you think to be the saddest, and give a brief explanation for each. I'll start it off:

Meridian: Daniel dies.
        Heroes: Dr. Frasier dies.
        Unending: Final SG-1 Ep., and the Asgards die

those are just a few that popped into my head atm.
        "Unending" is easily the saddest of all Stargate episodes, both SG-1 and SGA.

However, there is a contender for the title, in "Before I Sleep". The last moments of the Ancients are dramatic. They were a defeated people, and yet they still gave shelter to Dr.Weir and invited that very primitive Human to live with them in their society as equal. The sweetness of the Ancients is almost painful to watch. I know that most people in this board don't share my views on the Ancients, but this is how I feel about them.

In the case of both the Ancients and Asgard, they proved to the Universe that their true greatness was not that they were hyper-advanced scientifically, but that they were hyper-advanced ethically and morally. They showed that true greatness is not having power, but having power and not using it to dominate those who are weaker than you; it is having power and not being corrupted by it and reduced to the level of an animal of prey. The difference is that the Ancients got rewarded for being hyper-advanced morally and ethically by ascending, while the Asgard got the shaft and just died. This is what I perceived as the extreme, unequalled cruelty of "Unending".

Comment

Unending.

Man, after reading some of these posts, I feel like I'm gonna cry . . .
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

What do you think the saddest episode was? I think Meridian or Line in The Sand, but I haven't seen Unending yet so maybe that.

Comment

SG-1: "Cold Lazarus" Nothing is as sad as parents having to face the death of their child.

Atlantis: There haven't been any episodes that I found to be incredibly sad, but the saddest moment of the show for me was the end of "Lifeline." Seeing Dr. Weir choosing to stay behind on Asuras so Sheppard's team could escape was quite sad indeed. It's reminiscent of "Before I Sleep" in which Weir endured a similar fate. Hopefully, the AsurWeir's story will continue in Season 5 beyond one episode. Weir's too interesting a character to let go of.

Comment

Meridian was a real tearjerker. I don't remember most of what happened in LitS so can't comment. Most of the sad moments in Unending never really hit me.

For me the saddest SG-1 eps were Cold Lazarus, the Frozen-Abyss arc as well as Heroes and Lost City Pt 2, most emotional ones on SGA were probably Sateda and Sunday (especially because it should never have happened!)

Comment

SG-1: "Heroes"
                  Atlantis: "Before I Sleep"

I think all of the spoilers leading up to "Sunday" ruined the emotional impact for me. I knew what was going to happen so it didn't seem to be as powerful as it would (should?) have been otherwise.

Comment

Heroes pt2 hands down. Janet...

Threads is pretty darn sad as well though...Jacob.

They're the only eps that I've actually cried in.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Meridian was the one I cried the most at, but there were plenty that had me in tears (Heroes, Divide and Conquer, Threads, Forever in a Day, Between Two Fires).

For Atlantis, I haven't actually cried at any of them, but I was tearing up at the end of Lifeline and in This Mortal Coil.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
                      ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

The saddest episode for me was Irresistible. For some reason, when Lucius Lavin was sent back to his world, it was just so sad for me. I cried all night and I had to go on anti-depressants for a while. That man just NEEDED me to keep watching him and his story, and they took him away by ending the episode.

Comment

Cried all night? Anti-depressents? I hope you're kidding...

If you liked "Irresistable," watch "Irresponsible."

Comment

Meridian

Comment

Forever in a Day
                              sigpic

Comment

I forgot about this one. I change my saddest SG-1 episode from "Cold Lazarus" to "Forever in a Day." Thanks for the reminding me of this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X