Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"They agree to give her the gate address to the new Alpha Site and meet with her there."

Um HELLO!?! ANYONE HOME?!?! How dumb is that?!?!

I'll go tell the bad guys where my top serect base is, that soumds good to me, I see no problem with this.

This is why the show is going downhill, they have these dumb parts that just make me go "What the hell?", can someone get some NEW writers here NOW!
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

No Hammond in "Gemini," unfortunately. Sam and Daniel just talk about Daniel and Hammond's upcoming mission on the Prometheus.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

If Fifth die, does he count as another victim of Sam's black widow curse?
        I mean he love Sam , and he married RepliCarter.
        I don't think Sg1 should get involve in domestic problem of Fifth and Replicarter.

I don't think RepliCarter is really on Sg1's side.
        But i can see Fifth is going down, and Replicater is taken over.

I think Replicarter make up the story of Fifth being a bad husband or partner to get Sam help her. Fifth was hurted and betray by Sg1, i don't blame his action last time, but Fifth was too human, ,may bee he got a change of heart ,but RepliCarter turn on him and get helps from Sg1 with her sad stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          No Hammond in "Gemini," unfortunately. Sam and Daniel just talk about Daniel and Hammond's upcoming mission on the Prometheus.
          Aww. Thanks for the tips Darren.
          It still sounds like a great episode!

Comment

I'm trying not to judge before I actually see this one but have to say I'm a little disappointed with what I hear of the plot. Granted, probably unfairly because I have this real thing for 'evil twin' plots <G> and I was rather hoping that something would be done along those lines. So it's no doubt unfair to pick at the writers for not accomodating my own personal tastes.

Still, can't help but feel that they've missed a real opportunity for some tension and drama by not going with a 'mistaken identity' angle for at least the start of the episode. I'd have loved to have seen the rest of SG1 believing that they were dealing with the real Carter at least to begin with before a revelation that this was Fifth's duplicate. That might have been interesting.

Ah well - can't get what you want all the time. Especially when you're not the one writing the scripts.

I'll probably enjoy it anyway. Lost opportunities or not. And definitely still excited about the fact that next week sees a brand new episode again. Woohoo! Can't wait!

Sam isn't going to die in this episode. Sam was never going to die in this episode. Spoilers about her being in other episodes were out before any information on "Gemini" was released. No matter how much I've looked on the internet, I've yet to find the source of this rumor, though it's been repeated over and over. Someone probably suggested it as speculation, and someone else thought it was a spoiler and ran with it.
            I suspect at some point it was 'ReplicCarter will die at the end of this episode after a huge fight with Carter' and in the manner of Chinese Whispers, that got morphed into "Sam will die!!!!! Shock! Horror!"

"They agree to give her the gate address to the new Alpha Site and meet with her there."

Um HELLO!?! ANYONE HOME?!?! How dumb is that?!?!
            I agree, it does seem a tad...reckless. But let's wait to see the episode before deciding they're being dumb. <g> You never know, maybe there's a good reason for it. Maybe it's a cunning trap.

Albion
            Last edited by Albion; 09 December 2004, 04:28 AM.
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Still, can't help but feel that they've missed a real opportunity for some tension and drama by not going with a 'mistaken identity' angle for at least the start of the episode. I'd have loved to have seen the rest of SG1 believing that they were dealing with the real Carter at least to begin with before a revelation that this was Fifth's duplicate. That might have been interesting.

Albion
              Just because there is no mention of it in the spoilers doesn't mean there won't be any opportunity for mistaken identity somewhere along the way.

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
              Looks like Sam, Teal'c and Jack go to the Alpha site to interrogate RepliCarter.

What if RepliCarter sneaks into the SGC where Daniel's holding down the fort and she tricks him into believing she's Sam? The rest of the team returns and they have to stop her before she kills Daniel. Of course, at this point the two Carters will be dressed identical, so when it looks like they are about ready to kill each other, Jack will have to decide which Carter he has too shoot.

Mind you, the above paragraph is PURE SPECULATION on my part, what actually happens in the episode may be vastly different, but that's what I'd like to see happen.

SueS

Comment

I still have great expectations for this ep, because it sounds really cool to me. Still, I'm sticking to my original speculation, which is that RepliCarter has somehow manipulated Fifth, and now has control of all of the Replicators.

Because AT said that RepliCarter comes to Earth "with an agenda," I'm thinking she really doesn't want to die. One of the questions that GW rhetorically asked was something along the lines of, "Will giving RepliCarter access to the advanced weapon make her a more formidable foe?," and I think that the answer to that question is a resounding "Yes."

One thing I don't understand is how RepliCarter couldn't already know the coordinates to the Alpha Site. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that that site was already established before New Order. Again, I'm no SG-1 info guru, but I was just wondering. Maybe I'm thinking about the Beta Site. To be honest, I don't really know the difference between the two when it comes to importance or development, so... *Shrugs*

Anywho, I'm looking forward to the fight scene, but I'll keep all speculation on Evil Twin scenarios to a minimum. For some reason, I thought that there WAS gonna be a bit of "mistaken identities" at the SGC, because one of the pictures at Stargate Project has a picture of Sam looked RepliCarter-esque. At first I thought it was a trick pic, but now I'm not so sure.

And then, of course, there's that controversial synopsis of the ep on Scifi.com, where Sam's feelings apparently compromise the whole planet, or galaxy, or something... Sheesh... I don't even wanna know what to make of THAT little tidbit...

DoS.
                Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 09 December 2004, 11:21 AM. Reason: i'm a moron...

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                  I'm trying not to judge before I actually see this one but have to say I'm a little disappointed with what I hear of the plot. Granted, probably unfairly because I have this real thing for 'evil twin' plots <G> and I was rather hoping that something would be done along those lines. So it's no doubt unfair to pick at the writers for not accomodating my own personal tastes.

Ah well - can't get what you want all the time. Especially when you're not the one writing the scripts.

I'll probably enjoy it anyway. Lost opportunities or not. And definitely still excited about the fact that next week sees a brand new episode again. Woohoo! Can't wait!

I suspect at some point it was 'ReplicCarter will die at the end of this episode after a huge fight with Carter' and in the manner of Chinese Whispers, that got morphed into "Sam will die!!!!! Shock! Horror!"

I agree, it does seem a tad...reckless. But let's wait to see the episode before deciding they're being dumb. <g> You never know, maybe there's a good reason for it. Maybe it's a cunning trap.

Albion

Yeah, but Replicarter CAN'T die in this ep!
                  Spoiler:
                  Because she comes back in Reckoning!

One thing that might be interesting, that could pertain to this as well as many other eps, in an interview with Amanda two weeks ago, she told me that she was actually kind of dissapointed about some of the things Sam has to say this season, that she doesn't think Sam would actually say. (makes me think of shippyness throughout this season...hm...) She also said how Sam is supossed to be a soldier, and shut down her emotions if she has to, but this season a few times she doesn't shut them down, which reminds me of the whole "sam's emotions put hte planet at risk"
                  This makes me wonder....

But anyways, i am SOOOO looking forward to this episode! one of my stargate DREAMS in life is Evil Sam, and Replicarter i have high hopes for, especially all the fight scenes. did anyone read the Official Magazine in which Amanda says how she gets to beat up a bunch of the stunt guys, and throw them around? hahahahah, I can't wait! I just hope they don't royally mess it up, which there is definately the potential for
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

GateWorld has added eight new photos from "Gemini" to the episode guide, which confirm that Fifth (Patrick Currie) does indeed make an appearance in the episode:

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/811.shtml

New photos begin here:
                    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/graphics/811_08.shtml
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                      Yeah, but Replicarter CAN'T die in this ep!
                      Spoiler:
                      Because she comes back in Reckoning!

One thing that might be interesting, that could pertain to this as well as many other eps, in an interview with Amanda two weeks ago, she told me that she was actually kind of dissapointed about some of the things Sam has to say this season, that she doesn't think Sam would actually say. (makes me think of shippyness throughout this season...hm...) She also said how Sam is supossed to be a soldier, and shut down her emotions if she has to, but this season a few times she doesn't shut them down, which reminds me of the whole "sam's emotions put hte planet at risk"
                      This makes me wonder....

But anyways, i am SOOOO looking forward to this episode! one of my stargate DREAMS in life is Evil Sam, and Replicarter i have high hopes for, especially all the fight scenes. did anyone read the Official Magazine in which Amanda says how she gets to beat up a bunch of the stunt guys, and throw them around? hahahahah, I can't wait! I just hope they don't royally mess it up, which there is definately the potential for
                      You said you interviewed her, which is pretty cool. Are you a reporter for Gateworld, MajorSam, or do you work for one of the various magazines?

In regards to what you said that AT said (yipes, that's confusing), it seems to be a consistent trend. She said something along those lines in regards to her accepting Pete's proposal. I don't dislike any of the writers or other PTB, but I'm just wondering if maybe they should consider actually compromising with the actual actor who plays the character in question. You don't know how hard it is for me to not be snide about this.

I mean, besides the writers, the actor is one of the foremost experts, if not the ONLY foremost expert, when it comes to that character. After the script is finished, it's the ACTOR who makes the character come alive. I'm wondering why they (as in the people AT has actually spoken with, like RCC) haven't even considered changing some of the things they've written for Sam. I don't know; maybe they have.

All this time, though, I thought that they did collaborate on some aspects of the characters... Judging from what's been going on, however, it seems like that's not really what's happening at all this season.

Kinda weird, if you ask me...

DoS

Comment

Oh, PS, for those of you lucky folks in the UK: I expect a lengthy post either here or in some other Gemini thread by the end of the day tomorrow.

And, uh, feel free to post a link to where I can find a lovely little transcript of the ep.

Or, you know... let me wallow in self-pity until January. It's your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
                          TPTB like making Daniel a bad guy. Including the ones you mentioned: Obsessed Daniel in The Tormet of Tantalus, Seduced Daniel in Hathor, King Daniel in Need, Machello Daniel in Holiday, Insane Daniel in Legacy, Grudge Daniel in Forever in a Day, Metamorphic Alien Daniel in Foothold, Impatient Daniel in the teaser to Beneath the Surface, Megalomaniac Daniel in Absolute Power, Pretend Evil Daniel in Proving Ground, Schizophrenic Daniel in Lifeboat, Anubis Daniel in Zero Hour, and Goa'uld Daniel in Avatar.
                          Nice. That's all I can say... Nice.

Comment

really???? where then
                            Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

This storline has so much to offer(ie 2 Sams) and i cant see it being wrapped up in this one episode. Ill tell you in 3hrs and 45, 44mins now.

I wont say a thing!!!!!!!!!!

They both die!

Hope not
                              Cliffhanger 2

Same Story......Different Cliff!!!!!!!

Comment

I just watched the episode so if you didn't want spoiler don't read it !
                                and I think it wasn't a good idea to bring repliCarter at the alpha site but, they had to get a place where they could install a satellite in orbit ... so they had to have some x-302 around there ... But I agree that we should have never let her use the weapon test ... let her search on the network but run the test from ourself, it was stupid of the writters in my opinion ! I loved to see that the asgard has already begun their reconstruction ... and at a quick rate it seems, cause they was able to build a satellite within a few minutes so ... They're still our best ally
                                It will be a really nice season's 8 end when the replicator will come ! [I didn't read spoiler so ... maybe they will just come at season 9 premiere !!!! ]
                                - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                                - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                                - The Nox

Comment

Working...
                                X