X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads
    Spoiler:
    Hmmm zoombie house buying. Now at least than Pete would have a scifi element to bring to the show I might be more tolerant of him.

And 'killing Pete' isn't a shipper trait. I'm not a shipper and I'd like to see him gone. On principle I don't wish for character death because I get annoyed when people want characters I like to die just because they don't like them...

... but send Pete back to CSI Colorado Springs and let's get back to the round spinny thing.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      We've seen Tok'ra Carter (ITLoD) and Entity Carter (Entity); Undercover Jack (SoG) and Cloned Jack (Cold Lazarus); Brainwashed Tea'lc (Enemies), and Megalomaniac Daniel (Absolute Power) - not to mention others I can't remember. However, I can't remember any episodes where one or more characters actually played a character like a replicator, barring MS in Absolute Power. Can you guys think of any other instances where that happened?
      TPTB like making Daniel a bad guy. Including the ones you mentioned: Obsessed Daniel in The Tormet of Tantalus, Seduced Daniel in Hathor, King Daniel in Need, Machello Daniel in Holiday, Insane Daniel in Legacy, Grudge Daniel in Forever in a Day, Metamorphic Alien Daniel in Foothold, Impatient Daniel in the teaser to Beneath the Surface, Megalomaniac Daniel in Absolute Power, Pretend Evil Daniel in Proving Ground, Schizophrenic Daniel in Lifeboat, Anubis Daniel in Zero Hour, and Goa'uld Daniel in Avatar.

That is his black-widow curse, though I think Shanks is fun in those roles. I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel eventually taken as a host - perhaps as revenge by a finally decended Anubis - for a small arc. Just to have Daniel save the day by defeating Anubis, of course.
      Last edited by Lord You; 25 October 2004, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You
        That is his black-widow curse. I think it Shanks is fun in those roles. I wouldn't mind seeing Daniel eventually taken as a host - perhaps as revenge by a finally decended Anubis - for a small arc. Just to have Daniel save the day by defeating Anubis, of course.
        Threads
        Spoiler:
        It's pretty clear that Daniel will most likely be key to Anubis' final downfall as it is.

Comment

Am i the only one who wants to see replicarter actually turn out to be good?!?! Its to cheesy and cliche for her to be bad!!! We can still see a good fight scene for the guys tho........ maybe they get all pissy about what color jello should be in the tub and then.........(the guys can have there sick little fantasy played out)
          - then they would be happy and i would be happy (after i fast forwarded it through the jello scene!!

and btw...... im a shipper and i like pete, i thought he was pretty funny. Lets not generalize here boys and girls. That would be like saying daniel ALWAYS dies! and he doesn't......... just sometimes
          Random Thought of the day:

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
          -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

I'd actually kinda like to see her be good. Or ... sort of good.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              I'd actually kinda like to see her be good. Or ... sort of good.
              Yay!! im not the only one!!
              sort of good is the right term, shes gonna be a replicator so she is bound to be a little spaztic, oh..... and a little crazy too

-If you had a friend who was a tight rope walker and yall were walking down the side walk and he fell....that would be completly unacceptable!
              -I realize that alot of people don't like Jesus, or just ignore Him or have no use for Him, but i think the best thing a person can do is to read the gospels in the Bible and really look at Jesus, because if a person does this, they will realize that the Jesus they learned about in Sunday school or the Jesus they hear jokes about or the skinny, Gandhi Jesus that exists in their imaginations isn't anything like the real Jesus at all.

heh heh heh...^compliments of suekay(((suekay))).....disregard the question mark on the end!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoojoo
                Am i the only one who wants to see replicarter actually turn out to be good?!?! Its to cheesy and cliche for her to be bad!!!
                Evil twins have been done a lot in Sci-Fi. There isn't anything left that wouldn't be a cliche. It's going to be a matter of how they do it that determines whether it is good or not.

I personally think that "oh, she's just like Sam, so she will reject Fifth and maybe even turn out to be good" would be equally cliched, and more boring. I am rooting for Fully Evil RepliCarter, preferably still working with Fifth.
                It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

How about an Evil Replicarter who has overthrown Fifth and is working towards her own goals that may or may not contradict earth's.

Comment

How about an Evil Replicarter who has overthrown Fifth and is working towards her own goals that may or may not contradict earth's.
                    That's what I'm saying! They're totally gonna do that. I've been wishing for it for a long time, and now I'm starting to think that's what they're gonna do. Good thinking, Fischer! That means I'm not completely insane...

Hey Yoojoo! I just thought I'd mention that a good Carter would probably be just as cliche as a bad Carter, considering Carter's already a good person as it is, you know? It's like, then you REALLY have two Carters, which provides very little opportunity for a plot twist.

Unless... she PRETENDS to be bad and then turns out to be good... Which would just be stupid... Hmmm...

Comment

Not much you can do with two carters that isn't going to have been done before.

Comment

I have faith that they can make Replicarter more than a cliche. They've done so well with Fifth. He's more than just a token bad guy. He's very 3 dimensional IMO. If they can make Replicarter like him (the contradictions in his very nature; sweet but cruel, human but not, intelligent yet infantile, etc.) I'll be happy. I can see the conflict of having that bit of Sam in her that prods her to do the right thing vs. her Replicator nature. I can see her having Sam's feelings but not being able to deal with them. I am actually really looking forward to this episode.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Not much you can do with two carters that isn't going to have been done before.
                          Exactly...I totally agree. That's why I'm rooting that they'll just make her evil and make it a big showdown.
                          It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

THATS IT!!
                            i dont want her to be this super evil cliche. I want her to do her own thang regardless of what fifth wants or what earth wants. She'll probably just want to settle down and go fishing. I just want one bad guy in this friggen world not to be all sadistic i want then to be like "this whole universe domination thing is so over rated, i just wanna be left alone with me replitoys!! Go away pesky people!! Let me be!!"

wont ever happen, but a girl can hope cant she!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              I have faith that they can make Replicarter more than a cliche. They've done so well with Fifth. He's more than just a token bad guy. He's very 3 dimensional IMO. If they can make Replicarter like him (the contradictions in his very nature; sweet but cruel, human but not, intelligent yet infantile, etc.) I'll be happy. I can see the conflict of having that bit of Sam in her that prods her to do the right thing vs. her Replicator nature. I can see her having Sam's feelings but not being able to deal with them. I am actually really looking forward to this episode.
                              That ep, in my opinion, has great potential to let us see a different side of AT and to further this crazy Replicators vs. Goa'uld arc they've been pitching for so long. I'm very excited about this ep, too. Then again, I'm excited for this whole next half of the season, so... you know, what are you gonna do?

Comment

I heard somewhere don't ask me where cus I have no idea but I was told that origionaly they were going to kil Sam off in this episode- so the "fight" is gona be one hell of a fight if it could've possibly killed her- does that make sence?!

Comment

Working...
                                X