Harray for a scene!

Spoiler:
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
      Harray for a scene!

Spoiler:
      Very impressive models!!! I've wanted to see someone make one of that ship for a while (I tried once but... let's not go there lol). Green for you!
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
        Sorry I haven't been on, had to study a lot of dutch, fun. Anyway, regarding the weapons list: Zake the list is fine, maybe some other weapons could be added but under a different name (keeping the description and specs the same but changing the name to fit the list). For example, putting the new version of the fusion missile in there using the new isotopes and naming it mark 60 missile instead of fusion2. My only concern is the development of the fleet. For example, after 40/50 years, we are still using railguns. I would of thought in the sg world, we would of found a better way of deploying projectile weapons.
        Would that list be used in 3.0?
        Concerns noted, essentialy theres going to significant potential to develop the fleet in 3.0 and when i say significant i do mean significant. I dont mean uber weapons but the Tauri are going to be growing in to the threat they really are to other races but not in an argressive way i just mean in thier ability to enforce power and protect people from the threats which will come about.
        Rail guns are a part of the fleet history, they were a vital weapon in the wraith wars, they are one of the most advanced kinetic weapons that can be devised, they were upgraded to coil guns and gauss guns. Personally i am happy with thier role, they are defensive in nature now, not offensive because we have Ion cannons and other energy weapons which are more destructive or effective agaisnt shields. Rail guns can still rip apart any unshielded target better than any other weapon, they are vital in defence, they are easy to produce and maintain, they dont cost as much as missiles and are not as power intensive as defensive ion cannons. in terms of logistics they are still the supreme defensive weapon. And they are great for the deensce of smaller vessels, cargo ships, and can be used on fighters so they can still fight even when missiles are expended. That is a vital asset. Plus as the Heleena halo opperation showed, then it comes to defending a fleet agaisnt say drones or unmanned mass ranks of fighters like darks or the Bio drones Talos devised or indeed just any kind of fighter, they are fantastic for deploying massive amounts of supression firepower back at an enemy. No other weapon can put as much destructive power and put it on so many targets as a rail gun. A large fleet with a good rail gun defense system is virtually imperverous to fighters, even ancient drones can be stopped by well aimed RG shells. They have a place. If i wanted to develop them i would make rail gun shells that are like missiles, the calibres are large enough to launch rockets which could then act independantly. That would be mynext rain gun evolution, like with guns today they have reached the point where they cant get better, bigger, or more powerful so its the ammunition which has to be upgraded, a form of rail gun missile or perhaps a nuclear rail gun shell (although K-naq round are very destructive). Thats what i would like to develop, better ways of using the technology we already have without turning it in to superweapons. The Dawn missile, seen in OHH is the truest superweapon the fleet has had, which was the missile which could wipe out all life on the surface of a planet. Planet busters wil lbe the last great superweapon of 2.0 and i hope we wont use them too much more, i do plan to use it one more time but thats the last time ill be using it.

Bo, you continue to amaze me
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Concerns noted, essentialy theres going to significant potential to develop the fleet in 3.0 and when i say significant i do mean significant. I dont mean uber weapons but the Tauri are going to be growing in to the threat they really are to other races but not in an argressive way i just mean in thier ability to enforce power and protect people from the threats which will come about.
          Rail guns are a part of the fleet history, they were a vital weapon in the wraith wars, they are one of the most advanced kinetic weapons that can be devised, they were upgraded to coil guns and gauss guns. Personally i am happy with thier role, they are defensive in nature now, not offensive because we have Ion cannons and other energy weapons which are more destructive or effective agaisnt shields. Rail guns can still rip apart any unshielded target better than any other weapon, they are vital in defence, they are easy to produce and maintain, they dont cost as much as missiles and are not as power intensive as defensive ion cannons. in terms of logistics they are still the supreme defensive weapon. And they are great for the deensce of smaller vessels, cargo ships, and can be used on fighters so they can still fight even when missiles are expended. That is a vital asset. Plus as the Heleena halo opperation showed, then it comes to defending a fleet agaisnt say drones or unmanned mass ranks of fighters like darks or the Bio drones Talos devised or indeed just any kind of fighter, they are fantastic for deploying massive amounts of supression firepower back at an enemy. No other weapon can put as much destructive power and put it on so many targets as a rail gun. A large fleet with a good rail gun defense system is virtually imperverous to fighters, even ancient drones can be stopped by well aimed RG shells. They have a place. If i wanted to develop them i would make rail gun shells that are like missiles, the calibres are large enough to launch rockets which could then act independantly. That would be mynext rain gun evolution, like with guns today they have reached the point where they cant get better, bigger, or more powerful so its the ammunition which has to be upgraded, a form of rail gun missile or perhaps a nuclear rail gun shell (although K-naq round are very destructive). Thats what i would like to develop, better ways of using the technology we already have without turning it in to superweapons. The Dawn missile, seen in OHH is the truest superweapon the fleet has had, which was the missile which could wipe out all life on the surface of a planet. Planet busters wil lbe the last great superweapon of 2.0 and i hope we wont use them too much more, i do plan to use it one more time but thats the last time ill be using it.

Bo, you continue to amaze me
          What is the Dawn missile again? What yield is it? And how is it made?

And david rail guns have been a part of the fleet since the beginning their rate of fire makes them perfect anti fighter weapons and with different calibers they can be incredibly diverse.

In general the calibers need to be massive to have an impact as a shielded target or a ship as armored as a hive ship but with K-Naq rounds and large calibers they can deliver a huge amount of KE. We will be seeing rail guns being replaced with Ion canons in 3.0 I expect KE weapons to be slowly fazed out of an anti capital ship role and replaced with Type II and Type III Ion canons.

We are going to be coming truly the 5th race in 3.0 but there will be enemies and challenges around every corner the sheer number of threats in 3.0 will mean that the Tau'ri are going to be facing their greatest threat yet and brought to the brink of destruction. We will have to learn to band together if we are to survive in 3.0.

I have 2 enemies i'm bringing to 3.0 at the moment and a couple of old ones so no one needs to worry about us becoming too powerful.

Bob that's a cool model! Write some specs up for it.

And Maniac that's a cool deadalus class I think we should write up some specs for the deadalus for the site.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

dawn is what i consider the pinicle of what a missile or nuke can do. Its 12 Naquadriah fusion missiles which are all individually more powerful than any single weapon conceived all housed in a single unit for the destruction of a planet by targetting all sides of a the planet, engulfling the whole world in a cloud of radiactive destruction.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              dawn is what i consider the pinicle of what a missile or nuke can do. Its 12 Naquadriah fusion missiles which are all individually more powerful than any single weapon conceived all housed in a single unit for the destruction of a planet by targetting all sides of a the planet, engulfling the whole world in a cloud of radiactive destruction.
              Ok we've been talking about this on msn. So i'll clearify...the entire planet would not be covered in an explosions. A series of 12 Mark IXs would be deployed across the entire planet blanketing it with smaller explosions.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Which would combine to effectively destroy all life or the capacity to support life on the surface of a planet.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

basically the horizon with more nukes?
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Hello, I have textured the APC and I would like some some input about it
                    enjoy
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                      basically the horizon with more nukes?

and more powerful nukes

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                        Hello, I have textured the APC and I would like some some input about it
                        enjoy
                        Urban Fatigues. Nice choice.

You might want to try military green with a little metallic look to it.

Right now the APC looks like its made for snowy terrain with those colors.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                          and more powerful nukes
                          might as well call it the horizen mark 2 then.
                          Visit my Website

Comment

Visit my Website

Comment

Yes more nukes which are more powerful too.
                              The APC looks AMAZING! I love it, SO cool.
                              The Deadalus coudl be in the show
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                                Urban Fatigues. Nice choice.

You might want to try military green with a little metallic look to it.

Right now the APC looks like its made for snowy terrain with those colors.
                                yeah I did have it that way for a while but it did not look that good but I did not try so hard to make it work

BTW the Deadalus looks awsome

time to start working on the shield emittor for me then
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X