Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    Maniac any progress on the Hive ship?
    Right now I'm stuck at texturing it to look look like wraith armor.

I finished all the weapons and web stuff, and the inside metal.

I'll post some pics when i get home.
    Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
      Yeah i like it which ones is the tempest? The remake of prommie?
      Yeah this one.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        Right now I'm stuck at texturing it to look look like wraith armor.

I finished all the weapons and web stuff, and the inside metal.

I'll post some pics when i get home.
        Ok I look forward to it.

Originally posted by RJB View Post
        Yeah I found it hard to find a list of tech that is current so I did some guess work (thats what drafts are for). I may replace the Pulse cannons with Type I's (if there is a heavy weapon version of them) to balance out having Type III's as the ships main weapons. The Pulse cannons were going to be used as a secondary weapon system with the Type III being the main Punch.

With that said I'm glad you liked the history. I think it was the hardest part of coming up with stats for the ship.
        Well there is the Type Ia. If you have say 4 dual Type Ia ion canons it may balance it out. Type Ia's have 10% the firepower of a type II so 20% of a Goa'uld canon with a faster firing rate.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well there is the Type Ia. If you have say 4 dual Type Ia ion canons it may balance it out. Type Ia's have 10% the firepower of a type II so 20% of a Goa'uld canon with a faster firing rate.
          Well I really don't want to make the ship too over powered so that does sound like it would work and the description you gave for it sounds like it would fit with my vision of the ship too.

Thank you for the help Buba uognarf.

PS since I haven't made the turret yet should it be a single or dual gun turret?

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle

Comment

great battles buba and immhotep I really liked them but I still have the ground battle to read and I have alot catching up to do. lol
            BTW for those who want the know the gatehub is running on 655 519 polys and I still have alot of modeling to do
            sigpic

Comment

Well I really don't want to make the ship too over powered so that does sound like it would work and the description you gave for it sounds like it would fit with my vision of the ship too.

Thank you for the help Buba uognarf.

PS since I haven't made the turret yet should it be a single or dual gun turret?
              It's fine anytime. Well in the Phoenix class it had four four barreled type Ia canons. But for your ship seeing as it has the Type III canons I'd give it dual gun turrets for the extra punch.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Ok cool well cant wait to see that and well there are 26 posts to go for 10k, keep posting everyone and 3.0 will begin Today , im planning for about 10pm GMT if all goes well, stick around!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

It's fine anytime. Well in the Phoenix class it had four four barreled type Ia canons. But for your ship seeing as it has the Type III canons I'd give it dual gun turrets for the extra punch.
                  Ok sounds good to me and another thing to take into consideration is that the Type III's are both fixed forward so they do only have a limited firing arc.

Well I guess I'll start on my second draft soon.

Comment

Ok sounds good to me and another thing to take into consideration is that the Type III's are both fixed forward so they do only have a limited firing arc.

Well I guess I'll start on my second draft soon.
                    Ok sounds good.

Comment

nice work on the ground battle immhotep I really enjoyed reading it
                      sigpic

Comment

that was the one i asked you to do with the tanks and stuff.
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        11000! green me

Comment

BTW immhotep do you remeber the stealth ship I made a while back ago? well wich version do you want to use? the more organic one or the other one?

RJB nice specs
                          sigpic

Comment

normal one lol
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                              BTW immhotep do you remeber the stealth ship I made a while back ago? well wich version do you want to use? the more organic one or the other one?

RJB nice specs
                              I want the organic one! lol.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                that was the one i asked you to do with the tanks and stuff.
                                yeah I remember that but I cant get the landscape to look good, I want the scene to look more dramatic
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X