This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spg_1983
    no because TPTB have said we have not seen the furlings yet, and the skeletons in "Paradise Lost" were defenately human.
    Mallozzi once said that the skeletons in Paradise Lost were intended to be furlings but for some reason they changed them to human skeletons.
    Trying is the first step towards failure!

Comment

Originally posted by Tongke
      Mallozzi once said that the skeletons in Paradise Lost were intended to be furlings but for some reason they changed them to human skeletons.
      yeah it was a production cost thing, it would have cost them a ton of money to design and create furling skeletons, especially given that they STILL didnt know what they looked like, so they just got a bunch of cheap human skeletons.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_King
        woop like beat stupid like i can't spell it and they can make asgaurd whole fleet or one ship at time t in other dimension then send peices from the ship back dismembering the ship in one clap or something. then kill the asgaurd by leaving them in space in fact just transport all the asgaurd into other dimension then put them all out in space killing them. If they use their collective intelligience or something and the bird flew stupid lets see asgaurd do that with no tech . plus lets see an asgaurd do something outside of his ship in a place hes never even been. And who says they dont have tech another thing theyre better tech if they do cuz they can go anywhere they want, and guess what oh asgaurd take 4 months to get to pegasus without ancient zpm stupid dont argue with me wraith wope all little pink heads, oh yeah (oh yeah wait what race are a sexual , clone users )

Be smart and dont try and gun me. cya

Oh yeah...Wraith run it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        where do you get your information? where did it ever say they transport things to another dimension? where did it ever say they can travel anywhere they want? where did it ever say that they did all this with out tech? if they could transport anywhere they want why did they need to use the stargate to get home? and dont call me stupid and tell me not to disagree with you, thats rude and not how the boards work, newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
          End of last ever episode of sg1:

Thor: And now the Universe is safe, thanks to you.
          Jack: Thor?
          Thor: Yes, O'Neill?
          Jack: What happened to the Furlings?
          Thor opens his mouth to speak. Roll end credits.
          LOL that would be awesome! there would be a mass fan march against the studios!

Comment

Well, as most parts of the ancient worlds cultures has been explored in the series, i'm gonna take a shot and say that the Furling are a race that the Australian Aboriginals believe are Nimbin. Little men, sometimes described as small and furry, and are mischeivous. Seems to tie in with how the Furling sounds like. And whats the Aboriginal races age? About 60,000-80,000 years, that we KNOW of?

Also, the giants from 'Crystal Skull' remind me of what Aboriginals believe to be the Quinkin. Large, lanky and skinny creatures that came from the stars to help guide them on their way, and to protect them. Sounds like someone who would oppose the Goa'uld, doesn't it. Also, they've been described as 'spirit people', so that could be how they appeared to be kind of... etherial.

edit: Also, on that. In Aboriginal dreamtime stories, there are two kinds of Quinkin. The good ones, the ones i've talked about. And then there are the bad kinds, that are described to be more animalistic and violent, possibly hairy, who take away peoples children to eat, and who constantly war with the good ones. It could be the Unas, which gives another nod to them being enemies of the "goa'uld".
            Last edited by LordHart; 06 March 2005, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan 117
              Sorry about that.

(Every one pay no attention to me im not really hear.)

Lol, no probs
              WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Maybe the Furlings are the race that the Wraith first battled??

Comment

I have had a thought about this for sometime that I have not seen presented anywhere here...

Kinda related to what this guy says

Originally posted by Fox McCloud
                  I think all the races were once all in MW.
                  The asgard left to Ida and took a few stargates with them.
                  The Furlings probs did the same.
                  And only the Ancients know the addresses.
                  What if the Furlings are (assuming they are still alive) on some planet reachable via the 9th Chevron? Now I know that you all have your theorys about how the 9th Chevron is going to play out - but we honestly dont know. I mean the Ancients had a flying city so who knows they could of put stargates way the flip out there - there is nothing that says the ancients went from the milkey way directly to pegasus.... or like the guy said above maybe the furlings decided to take a field trip and took a few / built a few stargates of there own? And actually ... I have another theroy but I wont talk about it unless some else bring it up
                  Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Originally posted by odinseye
                    What if the Furlings are (assuming they are still alive) on some planet reachable via the 9th Chevron? Now I know that you all have your theorys about how the 9th Chevron is going to play out - but we honestly dont know. I mean the Ancients had a flying city so who knows they could of put stargates way the flip out there - there is nothing that says the ancients went from the milkey way directly to pegasus.... or like the guy said above maybe the furlings decided to take a field trip and took a few / built a few stargates of there own? And actually ... I have another theroy but I wont talk about it unless some else bring it up
                    You're right there is nothing to say the ancients came straight from the Milky Way to atlantis, but there is evidence that would suggest (and I emphasise suggest) as they went straight back to the Milky Way from atlantis, so you'd think that they did come from Milky Way to Pegasus. But I think it's a nice idea that the furlings took some gates with them and so the ninth chevron was needed. But *#@&%, that galaxy is gonna be real real far away! I'm thinkin 10 ZPM's Ok exageration... Maybe the furlings took some gates with them because they wanted to move home (Galactic removal service, how can we help you) but the other 3 races wanted to keep the alliance alive so insisted the furlings take some gates?
                    WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

WEIR:

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                      But *#@&%, that galaxy is gonna be real real far away! I'm thinkin 10 ZPM's Ok exageration...

It will keep things interesting and going for a long time....

*day dreams - Stargate SG1 season 100*
                      Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

By the way, what episode was the ninth chevron mentioned?

WEIR:

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
                          By the way, what episode was the ninth chevron mentioned?

I cant think of one where it was - It was just a theroy that I had, like I said

Comment

Originally posted by Fastskin
                            But more than likely by keeping them away from us the creators knew that it would be a big storyline in the future which they could address randomly to suprise the viewers and keep them watching.
                            I think that is exactly what the writers have in mind. Most longtime SG fans have been wanting to see the Furlings since they were mentioned in 5th race. I just hope that Jack is the one that makes first contact with them if they are ever introduced.
                            Spoiler:
                            Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Furlings remind me of furry creatures

sigpic
                              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus
                                I think that is exactly what the writers have in mind. Most longtime SG fans have been wanting to see the Furlings since they were mentioned in 5th race. I just hope that Jack is the one that makes first contact with them if they are ever introduced.
                                Yeah, i think it'd be great if Jack was the first one to meet them, firstly cause he's bound to throw in a hilarious 'Jackism', secondly because he's the one who first heard about them. He's probably dieing to meet them. Although he hasn't mentioned them at all But maybe he's trying to play it cool

WEIR:

Comment

Working...
                                X