This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spg_1983
    The only resemblance to a human that the ancient asgard has was in their general humanoid appearance. Their craniums were much larger, the facial structure completely different, arms and legs much much slender and delicate. They werent any more human looking than the Serakin.
    Look at this:

If that can kind of change can happen to the Asgard in just a few thousand years, imagine what would happen if a few million years

(Sam is just there to indicate a human form)

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
      If that can kind of change can happen to the Asgard in just a few thousand years, imagine what would happen if a few million years

(Sam is just there to indicate a human form)
      Not at all. The Asgards change is due to their cloning process. It is not a natural evolution. Saying the Ancient Asgard resemble humans is like saying the Serakin resemble humans. They are both bipedal humanoids because of production costs, thats it.

Comment

here's a reasonable answer: The costume department had to make costumes that could fit people. That is why every alien species we encounter is so humanoid. Except for thor, thor and the other asgard are cg. Hey, you can't get an alien to play the part.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          Not at all. The Asgards change is due to their cloning process. It is not a natural evolution. Saying the Ancient Asgard resemble humans is like saying the Serakin resemble humans. They are both bipedal humanoids because of production costs, thats it.
          The Asgard's appearance is in fact a very probable evolutionary path of a human looking species. Notice how much less hair and generally thinner we are in comparisson to early humans?

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
            The Asgard's appearance is in fact a very probably evolutionary path of a human looking species. Notice how much less hair and generally thinner we are in comparisson to early humans?
            The asgard look like they do now b/c they were cloning themselves for many thousands of years.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

I've always thought we'd end up finding out that the four great races all evolved from the same race...

Comment

i have been thinking much about the 200th episode of sg1 (1006) and here is a quote:

What better time to introduce a Furling than in the show's 200th episode? "Don't laugh. We've seriously discussed the possiblity." - Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi

well i am doing some wild guessing here, but what if Martin is a furling, or did he say which race he was i cant remember..... but it wud be so funny...

"so what was the name of your race anyway?"
                (Martin) "the err Furlings was what we were called"
                ------------------------------

Comment

oops i am terribly sorry i just saw a thread exactly like this that i hadnt seen before

Comment

Originally posted by USAF_odyssey
                    I believe that Martin Lloyd is a furling because his civilization is advanced, we will see him in the 200th episode and were going to see the furling in the 200th episode.
                    i can see why this is said because taking into acount what we have been told this ep is about
                    Spoiler:
                    martin lyod and wormhole xtreme becoming a movie for the big screen and that we will find out about the furlings
                    so logically saying that martin lyod is a furling kind of makes sense if u dont note the fact that the race wud be probably loaded with technology and that the people on that planet in paradise lost were all dead.....

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                      I've always thought we'd end up finding out that the four great races all evolved from the same race...
                      So its the Alliance of ONE Great Race?

Comment

Sorry but I don't like that idea. We might as well say now that the Re'tu, Oannes, Serrakin, Goa'uld and Unas are also humans or descended from the Ancients.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                          Sorry but I don't like that idea. We might as well say now that the Re'tu, Oannes, Serrakin, Goa'uld and Unas are also humans or descended from the Ancients.
                          Why?

Comment

Why?

Cause it's just as lame?

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                              Only the Serrakin and maybe the Unas could possibly be related to humans, though it is extremely doubtful.

It's like Ori and Altera, they are the same but consider themeselves different, or the Tok'ra and the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf
                                Cause it's just as lame?
                                It's even more lame how the Nox & Asgard look so similar to humans, the fact that they arn't related is just not believable...

Comment

Working...
                                X