This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks
    It's even more lame how the Nox & Asgard look so similar to humans, the fact that they arn't related is just not believable...

It's actually quite believable that in the great vast reaches of outer space creatures that evolved with similiar parameters to us (oxygen, water etc) would evolve similiarly.

It's a bit whacky however for all the sentient species in the universe to be related to the one great race.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
      It's even more lame how the Nox & Asgard look so similar to humans, the fact that they arn't related is just not believable...
      Why isn't it? You don't think it's possible, that somewhere out there, life developed on a world similar to here on Earth? What we consider "aliens" could end up, in fact, looking much like us. We just don't know. For me anyways, the Nox and Asgard being "similar" to humans does not mean that they necessarily have to be related to us. Our only relation, that we know of, is with the Ancients.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by thenimf
        It's actually quite believable that in the great vast reaches of outer space creatures that evolved with similiar parameters to us (oxygen, water etc) would evolve similiarly.

It's a bit whacky however for all the sentient species in the universe to be related to the one great race.
        It's more possible for species so similar to have a common ancestor, if one race originated in their own little blue ball, then went around and left their descendants on planets with enough environmental difference to affect their evolution, they could essentially create a wide variety of near human races.

Two identical species evolving in very different places of the universe is a lot more unbelievable. Sure, there can be similar races, who evolved in a different manner, such as:

Reetou
        Oannes
        FootholdAliens
        Fogbeings
        Quetzy's Race
        Goa'uld
        Gadmeer
        Iratus

These are species which are different enough, in an evolutionary path, to be realistically alien. Others such as Unas and Serrakin are stretching it, but still within possibility.

Comment

It has been stated that we may have already seen the Furlings. It has also be stated that we will get to finnaly learn more about them in the 200th episode.

What we know so far...They may be humanoid in nature, they have advanced teleporting technology, they were a peaceful race that wanted to set up a paridise to live out eternity.

We know they can't be the Goa'uld because the Goa'uld tried to destroy the paridise with a plant. If they could be infested and destroyed that way...why use a planet.

They are humanoid because of the skelatal remains on the planet in Paradise Lost. And they were obviously a very advanced race, the main reason being they were members of the great alliance.

The ship from Grace has always been in the back of my mind as being important in some way, possibly of a race we will meet in the future. Somehow however I don't see them being the furlings.

My honest opinion is that Martin's race are the furlings. I've come to this conclusion based on two facts stated about the upcoming 200th episode. One, we may have seen the Furlings before. Two, the 200th episode will not be unlike Wormhole X-treme. These two very subtle hints point me to the very upseting notion that Martin Lloyd is a Furling...all I have to say about that is...please god no. I'd be happier with an Ewok knock-off then such a cop-out by TPTB.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

--Does that sound familiar to anyone else?--

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
            i just had a thought, what if the aleins from scouched earth are the furlings? They were prety advanced, i know they had a different name but i sense alteran/ancient kind of thing
            I think that's rather a stretch. Remember that it looks like the Furlings, Nox, Asgard and Ancients seemed to like to confer on Heliopolis a bit before the Ancients left. It also looks like it would require a physical presence, not just long-range holographic images and messages. That would make things a little tough for the Furlings (or the Gadmeer), as they would need special environmental suits every time there was a meeting. Plus, there's also the Paradise Lost planet and moon. Why would they have a colony on a carbon-based planet when carbon-based stuff is just as toxic to them as a sulphur environment would be to us? I think the Gadmeer are a species all by themselves, not the Furlings.

'Course, I could be wrong. But all the evidence points to somebody else being the Furlings.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Besides...there have been plenty of jokes about 'Fur' in Furlings, I'm sure they'll continue to be this kind of joke moving forward. From what I remember the Gadmeer had no fur. I'm just saying it seems as though we've been leading up to something with the jokes and all.

RDA had the power to name Walter, I don't see why he wouldn't also have the power to influence acctual fur on the Furlings.

" A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, "Wish you were here." " --Steven Wright

Comment

I dunno. I could see a major joke played out like this.

Jack: So, you're the Furlings?

Furling: Yes.

Jack: *eyes the creature up and down* So where's your fur?

Furling: We do not have fur on our bodies.

Jack: You're kidding. Why call yourself 'Fur'-ling if you have no fur? Why not call yourselves the 'Bald'-lings?

Furling: Doesn't sound as cool.

Jack: Nuts. Now I've gotta pay T. He won the bet.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  I dunno. I could see a major joke played out like this.

Jack: So, you're the Furlings?

Furling: Yes.

Jack: *eyes the creature up and down* So where's your fur?

Furling: We do not have fur on our bodies.

Jack: You're kidding. Why call yourself 'Fur'-ling if you have no fur? Why not call yourselves the 'Bald'-lings?

Furling: Doesn't sound as cool.

Jack: Nuts. Now I've gotta pay T. He won the bet.
                  Teal'c: Indeed

Yes, like I said...one huge freakin' joke. That's what most of the interesting unknown becomes. Whenever there is something about this show that brings people to the edge of their seats (i.e. "We're gonna see the Furlings, We're gonna see the Furlings") the muck up the works and make people roll there eyes.

Thats the main reason I am dreading the 200th, I really don't want to roll my eyes at the Furlings...but it is inevitable.

Comment

ok this is a big thread so dont have a go if its already been said lol, but has anyone ever thought about Tyler from the fifth man, that species seemed to be very advanced, ok they didnt like to fight but im sure they had some kl technology, just a thought thats all....
                    Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

just read this on gateworld for episode counterstrike:

Spoiler:
                      NEW! March 31 - On an alien world, Adria -- the "Orici" -- addresses a gathering of the newest followers of Origin, a village of humans. SG-1 hides amongst their number. Above, the Earth ship Odyssey is in orbit. But a powerful weapon is used by an unknown foe to wipe out the villagers, some 100,000 worshippers in all.

okay, i think many will agree that as it has been said
                      Spoiler:
                      we will see the furlings in the SG1 episode "200", which is the episode right before counterstrike so

maybe sg1 persuaded the furlings to fight the ori, or maybe the ancients thought it had gone too far and stepped in, but this is a very interesting thing i believe
                      ------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
                        just read this on gateworld for episode counterstrike:

Spoiler:
                        NEW! March 31 - On an alien world, Adria -- the "Orici" -- addresses a gathering of the newest followers of Origin, a village of humans. SG-1 hides amongst their number. Above, the Earth ship Odyssey is in orbit. But a powerful weapon is used by an unknown foe to wipe out the villagers, some 100,000 worshippers in all.

Spoiler:
                        we will see the furlings in the SG1 episode "200", which is the episode right before counterstrike so

maybe sg1 persuaded the furlings to fight the ori, or maybe the ancients thought it had gone too far and stepped in, but this is a very interesting thing i believe

This has been cleared up in the episode in season 10
                        Spoiler:
                        The jaffa use the weapon to kill humans!!!

COUNTERSTRIKE (this is what it say's)

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s10/10x2.shtml

The Jaffa take the fight to the Ori, using a genocidal weapon on their new worshippers and landing SG-1 in the middle of a war they can't control.

Not ancients or furlings
                        LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
                        "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

err..... wooopsies guess i kinda missed that bit.....
                          ------------------------------

Comment

Don't tell me The Furlings are going to be in the two hundredth episode.

Martin better not be a furling.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                              Don't tell me The Furlings are going to be in the two hundredth episode.

Martin better not be a furling.
                              I'm glad someone agrees with me on that...that would completely blow, and be a major headache in the fandom community.

Comment

Originally posted by Spudster
                                Spoiler:
                                No that hasnt been said at all. All that has been said is:

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Joseph Mallozzi
                                As for the Furlings -- how's this for a newsflash -- we mayfinally find out about them in Season Ten.
                                "May" and "find out" not "will definately" and "see and ally with" as many seem to think
                                The other is:
                                What better time to introduce a Furling than in the show's 200th episode? "Don't laugh. We've seriously discussed the possiblity."
                                That is hardly a "Yep, their in it" and seeing as there is no way to fit them in with the show.
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X