Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe when the first Great Alliance was created the Furling were that new young race. Notice there are no ancients anymore in human form. They were theo oldest of the races. Next are the Nox, they are very old and as far as we have seen few in number, but high in tech. Then we have the Asgard who while few in numbers is only due to their cloning and the replicaters. They are advanced but still not as advanced ad teh ancient were but are close. Then we have the Furlings, who we have yet to see. I think when the great alliance was created they were a few hundreed years ahead of the SGC in advancement and were the youngest race who were kind of mentored by the other races. I think now they are at the peek of their civilzation and could be better and more pwerful than the ancients, Nox or Asgard. Since with my theory they were young and allies with older mor advanced races who taught them alot.

Just my thoughts.
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Anti-replicator technology was post-Atlantis. They created the replicators and the weapno against them while fighting the wraith.

Also, Anubis had the latest Ancient technology. The ASgard haven't spoken to the ancients a while ago (I'm assuming "left this region of space" means went to Atlantis).

Perhaps the headsuckers only download onto human brains, since we're the next evolution.

Also as for teh cityship, it is likely that they didn't have the ZPMs to start another 1000 year flight back to MW. It's likely that they did indeed preserve it so that one day their own kind could return (I believe this was stated).

Comment

Originally posted by SG1TOM
        Given that, there ARE discrepancies still:

- If the Nox and the Asgard were once part of this alliance, why then are the Asgard so ignorant of Ancient technology (Weapon to defeat Replicators, weapon to defeat the Ori, etc.)?
        Kind of depends on which history you believe in. In that do you think the Great Alliance was created before the Ancients left for Pegasus or after. If before then thats easily explained because the Ancients made most of their developments in the Pegasus galaxy which includes the disruptor technology which was used against the Replicators. If after well its possible that the capabilities were never shown because the Ancients were already in decline as a race. All they had left was ascending.

- Why didn't one of the Asgard download the ancient knowledge to their OWN brain? Surely they must have the ability to find and utilize those head-sucking devices.
        They already have a database they and are studying it but they only have skimmed through the surface. Plus remember that the Repository of Knowledge was said to only activate for a set number of creatures namely humans. Goa'uld were excluded and perhaps the Asgard were also.

- Why don't the Asgard appear nearly as advanced as the Ancients and the Nox? If Annubis was able to defeat an Asgard ship using Ancient technology, then Annubis had SUPERIOR technology to the Asgard (who by then had millions of years of progress to use).
        Its possible that the Asgard never expected the Goa'uld to suddenly adapt to their weaponry. Before Anubis all it took was one shot to destroy a Goa'uld mothership...personally i think it was Asgard overconfidence that got Thors ship destroyed. Plus remember that the Biliskner is an old ship, the O'Niell is their newest design and it might have been more superior in fighting ability.

- Why didn't the Ancients fly their city back to Earth? Surely they had the capacity to deflect any Wraith attack before they went to hyperspace. And why did they leave their city with it's stargate to Earth and it's complete database of all their technology and knowledge, knowing that the Wraith could at any time discover the city and use it's technology for following them to Earth?
        I doubt by the end they could. Even with their advanced tech i dont think a cityship could have risen from the surface of Lantea and survived several dozen hiveships pounding it. And since Atlantis was the only link to Earth via the stargate they needed to get all their people there before they left. So not possible plus it might have alerted the Wraith to the prospect of another galaxy to attack their enemies and they might have tried to study intergalactic drives a lot earlier then the shows time period.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

How about this for a reason why the Tollans are NOT the Furlings. Their name is The Tollans, NOT the Furlings. If the Tollans were the Furlings, they would have introduced themselves as The Furlings!!!! The Asgard would have used the word Tollan instead of Furling when refering to them. The same goes for all the other races who have TOLD US THEIR names. And don't give me conspiracy theories on how they had to change the name of their race for some reason. The ONLY races that qualify as possible Furling candidates are races we don't know the name of that we have scene. For example, the Retu, not the Furlings, they are the Retu. The civilization that was terraforming the planet, they had a name, it wasn't the Furlings. The aliens from Grace, maybe, we never got their name.

Game over.

Comment

I still think the Furlings are wookie-like...

Comment

Originally posted by SG1TOM
              - Why don't the Asgard appear nearly as advanced as the Ancients and the Nox? If Annubis was able to defeat an Asgard ship using Ancient technology, then Annubis had SUPERIOR technology to the Asgard (who by then had millions of years of progress to use).
              How do you know the Nox are more advanced as the Asgard? We've seen the Nox cloak some stuff and that's about it. Even the Goa'uld have cloaks and Apophis was able to cloak Ha'taks.

Osiris had two enhanced Ha’taks and Thor had the only ship the Asgard had to spare. Just because the Ha’taks were able to defeat that one Asgard ship does not mean that Anubis’ technology was superior to Asgard tech in general, otherwise he would have never needed to mindprobe Thor.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                How do you know the Nox are more advanced as the Asgard? We've seen the Nox cloak some stuff and that's about it. Even the Goa'uld have cloaks and Apophis was able to cloak Ha'taks.

Osiris had two enhanced Ha’taks and Thor had the only ship the Asgard had to spare. Just because the Ha’taks were able to defeat that one Asgard ship does not mean that Anubis’ technology was superior to Asgard tech in general, otherwise he would have never needed to mindprobe Thor.

I think he meant that as beings the Nox are more advanced. They can raise the dead, do "magic" etc. I would say the Asgard are more technologically advanced.
                -- Brains12

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead

Not just that but when the Asgard showed up at the end they made it clear that the ships they were in were far surperior then the one they attacked and so they left.

The Tollan got spanked by one of Anubis's underlings not Anubis himself in his flagship.

Martins race or the Tollans could have been influanced by the Furlings like we are the Ancients. They could be from Furling Homeworlds.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
                    When has it ever been said that the Great Alliance ruled the universe?

I don't think that the Tollan are the Furlings, but saying that they can't be because the Goa'uld owned them seems a little silly to me...
                    The Ep. where we discvered the Great Alliance meeting place. Meaning they ruled the Universe back then. Well at least their section of it. At least a couple of galaxies worth.
                    And seems how they own the Qua'uld. The Ancients,well way more advanced. Nox don't even worry about them. And the Qua'uld run like little babes everytime they see the Asgard coming. So by knowing all of this it is safe to assume that the Furlings wouldn't be owned by the Qua'uld as easy as the Tollans were.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

I see a video how some guy let some works about the Furlings will appear in season 10 have somebody see this video too, ou have some teory about what he sayed?
                      Fabiano Klug
                      O'neill say: I don't care.
                      Stargate Brasil

Comment

whers the vid?
                        DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

in the preview for the 200th, I coulda swore i seen monkeys attacking someone.... furlings?
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

it is said that the 200 ep will involve sg1 making up stories for the wormhole movie. so my question is the furling going part of a story or the 200th travel through the gate the involve the four race still i saw a asgard.

Comment

Jack O'neil briefly referenced the furlings in the season 6 episode "Paradise Lost" and he didn't sound like he liked the furlings. Pictures posted for the episode "200" means nothing until the episode airs. Then we will know what they look like. Since sg-1 has encountered the furlings but there hasn't been an episode where we get to see them encounter the furlings up close and personal, "200" might give us a good glimse as to what they are. Jack, Sammantha, Teal'c and Daniel will be consulting for the character Martin Llyod. We will get to see what the furlings are by the memories of Jack, Sammantha, Daniel and Teal'c.
                              Last edited by roseblue; 14 August 2006, 07:09 PM.

Comment

um ... sg-1 has never met the furlings, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X