Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Season 9 is over, has your opinion changed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edward Greene
    I was just doing some research and as for Season Nine, I think that the people have pretty much spoken for themselves. Looking at the fan polls for all the episodes over all the seasons, "Camelot" was the 5th highest rated show ever. And while Seasons 1 and 2 had episodes in the 6's and lower, Season 9 was very consistent and actually ended up with the highest average rating over a season out of all seasons. Interestingly, I see people bashing Season 8, and that was the second highest season overall. I just think that people who bash this Season only need to realize that, apparently, they are in the minority. I loved Vala in PE of Season 8, and I loved her this year in moderation. Cam really grew on me, although I miss Jack like crazy. I am very excited about Season 10. That is it I am out.

Just remember to take into consideration that since the show first appeared on Showtime, not everyone had access to it. It wasn't until it moved to Scifi, that a large amount of current viewers began to watch it and then join the forum. Not everyone takes the time to go back to the first several seasons to rate each of the episodes. Besides that polls are always susceptible to hackers and those that find their way around the system. Example: Being that I'm at college, if I was extremely psychotic about the show I could always go to the computer lab and use a different computers and e-mailing addresses to come up with multiple names and vote the way I want the poll to go. And if a number of people did that, then it would really make a difference. Good thing I'm not like that because that would be a huge waist of time. Though I hope you get my point.

Comment

I felt that season 9 has completely redone the show. I mean after 8 years with this show, things started to get a little to comfortable, almost like when you look outside of your house. Now with new people and a new threat, this show feels like a brand new show, and that the sense of "We don't know what going to happen" is back to the show once more. Because we are going into another mythology.
      "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
      The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
      Rose: "Your face!"
      The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
      The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

After the dismal offerings of season 8, I really liked season 9. It took a few shows to get into the new characters, but I like most of them (except for the new doctor). We have fresh blood and new ideas, and I'm looking forward to season 10!

Comment

They really did do a great job of reviving it. It had started to wind down...now
          we have a couple of new characters, the strength of existing characters and a new baddie. I'm eagerly waiting on season 10.

Comment

For me, my opinions certainly changed. I loved the season at first, the storytellign was good and the characters were likable, in the first 10 eps there were 2 i disliked (The Ties That Bind and Beachhead) while others (The Powers That Be, Prototype) were some of the best ever, then the second set comes along, the storytelling got lazy, Carter was a part of the set, and Cam was all over the place. Avalon was a slow ep, but I watched the three part opener as 1 ep and it was awesome IMO, full of promise. I liked Cam, seeing his depth and hoping for something as good as Chriton. On the other hand, in the second set, I enjoyed three episodes (Collateral Damage, Ripple Effect and Ethon) and one of those (Collateral Damage) was only saved by Ben's emotional acting. The rest, well... Cam became reckless and unbelievable, through no fault of Ben's if you ask me but rather the writers inability to write for the character. For me Camelot was weak, and showed the death of the show was coming, if that is how S10 is gonna go, then I am not really bothered with it.
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Based on what I say in Avalon I.... all the way to Camelot...

My opinion has changed, but not my optimism.

Mattathias

Comment

Awww Trek Girl, you are the first person who has ever quoted me in a forum. What a special moment. Tear.
                Awww.....I feel special, welcome to the forums.

Comment

I can't wait to get Season 9 on DVD and devouring it. Now that Stargate is done in High Def, the picture is even more brilliant. I cant' believe I'll be doing it, but as soon as Stargate is redone for the Blu-Ray or HD-DVD formats I might be getting them again

Yes, because I'm a graphics whore but also I enjoy supporting Stargate.

Comment

Lord Shiva
                    I can't wait to get Season 9 on DVD and devouring it. Now that Stargate is done in High Def, the picture is even more brilliant. I cant' believe I'll be doing it, but as soon as Stargate is redone for the Blu-Ray or HD-DVD formats I might be getting them again

Yes, because I'm a graphics whore but also I enjoy supporting Stargate.
                    I enjoyed season 9, but I think season 10 has the fans worked up for a really huge ending to the SG1 series. I'm looking forward to a better final season.

I can't wait to get season 9 and 10 when released Do you know where to look to find the release dates of season 9? I'm still looking but any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Season nine was amazingly well done considering all the new elements they had to inroduce- normally something where so much new stuff has to be explained etc. wouldn need to find it's footing, but I think season nine had it's footing well established within the first three eps, so if they could do that so well, then season ten is bound to be amazinger yet.

Comment

Now when I'm rewatching the first four episodes on DVD, listening to episode commentaries and transcribing them at the same time, watching "The Directors Series" for Avalon pts. 1 & 2 and "It takes the crew to raise the village" featurette I think that I love these episodes even more. It's just great to analyze them bit by bit transcribing commentaries, stop your DVD to take a closer look at many scenes... Rob Cooper and company did really brilliant job with season 9. Kudos for them

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                          Now when I'm rewatching the first four episodes on DVD, listening to episode commentaries and transcribing them at the same time, watching "The Directors Series" for Avalon pts. 1 & 2 and "It takes the crew to raise the village" featurette I think that I love these episodes even more. It's just great to analyze them bit by bit transcribing commentaries, stop your DVD to take a closer look at many scenes... Rob Cooper and company did really brilliant job with season 9. Kudos for them
                          And I'm glad you are taking the time to transcribe those commentaries. It is greatly appreciated by all of us. But still, I can't wait to watch the eps on DVD myself, and actually listen to the commentaries, etc.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was just doing some research and as for Season Nine, I think that the people have pretty much spoken for themselves. Looking at the fan polls for all the episodes over all the seasons, "Camelot" was the 5th highest rated show ever. And while Seasons 1 and 2 had episodes in the 6's and lower, Season 9 was very consistent and actually ended up with the highest average rating over a season out of all seasons. Interestingly, I see people bashing Season 8, and that was the second highest season overall. I just think that people who bash this Season only need to realize that, apparently, they are in the minority. I loved Vala in PE of Season 8, and I loved her this year in moderation. Cam really grew on me, although I miss Jack like crazy. I am very excited about Season 10. That is it I am out.
                            From your lips to God's ears, as the General says in the season finale of season 1

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                              For me Camelot was weak, and showed the death of the show was coming, if that is how S10 is gonna go, then I am not really bothered with it.
                              Question.... if Camelot was rated the 6th highest Stargate Episode of the entire 9 year run, then despite a "matter of opinion" how can show the death of the show? To me it's quite the opposite.

Comment

The thing about ratings is they are statistics and thus can be made to read like anything.

Personally in the last few years more so then ever, the idea that the Nelsons are a accurate representation of the viewing public is becoming more flawed.

With the advent of TiVo and such, there is now such as wider scope that has to be looked at, and the industry has to start realising they ahve to find another and better way to try and get a sampling.
                                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
                                X