Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Season 9 is over, has your opinion changed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is GOOD moment from Season 9:

The introduction of the USS Odyssey!!
    I like the design better; it looks much more sleek
    and faster! I just hope that it survived the devastating
    Ori attack. ("Camelot")

Plus, (I mentioned this in the Avalon part 1 thread) the
    Antarctic air battle was revisited with a spectacular
    pilot view from the cockpit of an F-302!

There was plenty of space action in Season 9!

Let's just hope there's more F-302 action in Season 10!!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm with alot of other people...somewhat sceptical but then on second veiwing, this is SOME OF THE BEST STUFF they have done!!!
      After S8 i was ready to give up on SG1 and see if Atlantis could make something of itself instead. Boy was that the wrong way to go!!!

Plusses:
      Ben Browder - Mitchell fantastic, love him, better that Jack. WAY better than Jack!! (and i should point out i'd never seen farscape until after i watched S9, so i'm not biased)Vala - originally i hated this character and thought she made the show immature, but i have read about some of S10 ideas and i think she is a character i will enjoy watch growing!!
      and as others have mentioned...IT'S DARKER!! something i appreciate...and there is a real humanity of this season
      When i first watched 'Ethon' i thought..."Ah, now they've really got it!!!" I remember listening to the commentary on 'Red Sky' where they said that originally the planet and everyone on it were supposed to die, and thinking how much of a better episode that would have made it. This time they actually had the guts to do it and it worked!!!
      In my opinion 'Ethon' is one of the best episodes in any SG so far and i think if they go down that path the show will only get better.

Season 9 was also great because of all of the ideas they weaved into the whle story arc. The joining together of the plague from the priors and the one in antarctica for example. It gives the impression that someone on the writing staff has always had the big picture in mind. someone mentioned the x-files 'jumping the shark' and i agree, they completely lost track of their original story to the point where it almost mad no sense. SG1 (and SGA to an extent) seems to have taken great care to make sure everything stays true to the underlying stories.

anyhoo, just wanted to put my vote in for proS9 and as many as they can give us in the future if they keep writing so well.

Eccs

Comment

Originally posted by eccscape
        ...In my opinion 'Ethon' is one of the best episodes in any SG so far and i think if they go down that path the show will only get better.
        eccscape hit it on the head! In any story, or any kind of story,
        the main characters face hard times such as the loss of a friend
        or many friends. When times like these happen, the characters' spirits
        are challenged, whether they are optimistic or pessimistic. The characters'
        characters also go through astonishing changes; for example: In "Icon"
        we saw that Daniel was determined to save the Rand Protectorate and the
        Caledonian Federation from destroying each other, but in "Ethon" when Jarrod asks Daniel, "don't you ever give up?" Daniel says, "Not until I'm dead, and sometimes, not even then." That shows us that Daniel is willing to die to prevent a war between the two Nations. Although it is sad that his efforts
        were in vain.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm glad i checked out this post!!
          I was begining to think people were starting to dislike SG-1, which aint good for ratings!!!!

I'm going to agree with the majority here, Season 9 was fantastic barr a few slow and somewhat pointless (yet enjoyable) episodes!
          Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
          MSN: [email protected]
          feel free to add me on either

Comment

I really tryed to be open to season before it started, I even refused to leave the house on Fridays, but close to the end of the season I felt so disenchanted with the team dynamic and the TO3 just seem to not have the same roles or personality that I didn't watch the last few episodes.

I am holding out for hope for 10, I can't face the end of SG.

I love Vala/Daniel so it should be more intresting.
            + = REAL SHIP NEEDED IN 10 + =

Comment

season 9 for me was great i enjoyed it. all the eps were good i especially liked the first 3 eps very well done

Comment

Originally posted by JacksYummy
                I really tryed to be open to season before it started, I even refused to leave the house on Fridays, but close to the end of the season I felt so disenchanted with the team dynamic and the TO3 just seem to not have the same roles or personality that I didn't watch the last few episodes.

I am holding out for hope for 10, I can't face the end of SG.

I love Vala/Daniel so it should be more intresting.
                Honestly, although I enjoyed season 9 immensely, I understand your point. And I really hope you get your wish for season 10. I know what it's like to be a fan of a show only to see some of your favorite cast members get "replaced"... and also to find that the show is still worthy of my viewership once I got used to the newbies. I hope you get your wish this coming season and I'm STOKED that you're still willing to give SG-1 another shot.

Comment

my opinion hasnt really changed. i enjoyed the plots, but i still missed jack... his sarcasm just gave the show a bit of comedy that was perfect at times. still dont like mitchell all that much. i dont know whether its the fact that he replaced jack and is horrible at sarcasm and jokes, or that his voice is hoarse.

Comment

Originally posted by SLy CaT
                    my opinion hasnt really changed. i enjoyed the plots, but i still missed jack... his sarcasm just gave the show a bit of comedy that was perfect at times. still dont like mitchell all that much. i dont know whether its the fact that he replaced jack and is horrible at sarcasm and jokes, or that his voice is hoarse.
                    mitchell's humor, IMO, is not near as good as jack's. stupid jokes, timing's off, immature. it doesn't fit into scene, more forces the scene around it.
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

You know that something is wrong when those defending the show start whipping out the old "the show is darker and that's why some people don't like it" excuse. I'm a big fan of the film noir genre of movies, so I can certainly appreciate dark stories when they're done right (Touch of Evil, Double Indemnity, etc.). Season 9 didn't really seem "darker" to me, it was just not as good as previous seasons. Not enough character development, not enough good action sequences, too much ham-handed religious imagery, and not enough satisfying plotlines have left me feeling disappointed. And all the standard hollywood-style excuse-making in the world cannot disguise the fact that the ratings fell as the season wore on. "Camelot" was better than most of the season, and so there is some hope that next season will be better. I have an open mind and I hope at this time next year I can write that season 9 was just an anomaly.
                      Shallow are the Ori!
                      sigpic

Comment

When I heard that Ben Browder was joining the cast of SG1 this past season, I was elated. I'm a Scaper, I loved Farscape, and though I knew he would be playing a different character, I knew he'd do the best he could with what he had to work with. That, coupled with the fact that I adored Vala and she was coming back (Claudia is amazing portraying her!), I knew I would be tuning in.

Since probably Season 5 or 6, I was consistently watching SG1, I had such a low opinion of Seasons 7 and 8, due to what I considered failed plotlines and a wooden Jack. I hated the last two seasons, so I was elated with the "new" SG-1.

I wasn't disappointed. Out of the 20 episodes of the season, I loved 13 or so, the most I've ever loved in any season. I love Daniel's huge presence in the season, and Mitchell was introduced wonderfully. I gladly would take him over O'Neill any day. Sam got a lot to do, Teal'c was more prominent, and I love Vala's eps SO MUCH. Her chemistry with Daniel is, in my opinion, explosive. Then again, I'm a D/V shipper (And D/V is the FIRST ship I've had on this show. J/S never cut it for me [it seemed cliched in its own way... that, and it never seemed to go anywhere]).

Comment

No I still liked it but I did/do miss Jack. Just glad they didnt think BB could replace RDA. That would never have worked.

Comment

Originally posted by defending
                            No I still liked it but I did/do miss Jack. Just glad they didnt think BB could replace RDA. That would never have worked.
                            Of course not, no one can replace Jack and I'm glad that they didn't try to.
                            I was very impressed with how they fit Cam into the group and had him interact with the other characters, especially in Arthur's Mantle. The changes in the show took some getting used to at first (and involved re-watching the first few eps a couple of times), but by the end of Origin I was hooked and started focusing on what was there(Ori!), rather then what wasn't (Jack).

Comment

Originally posted by defending
                              i thought BeauB replaced RDA (or is that what you meant?). seems more like BenB replaced AT, given season 8 roles. as for official lead actor, i don't think there's any debate that BB replaced RDA. i'm not sure what you mean here.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

some of the begining eppisodes were not as good as i hoped, but the last 8 were some of the best iv'e ever seen, i love that they are showing that sg-1 is not invincable, they were quickly becomming that.
                                SAVE SG-1
                                www.savestargatesg1.com

Proud Member of F.O.R.D.
                                Say No To The Six Month Hiatus

Comment

Working...
                                X