This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
    X-442 I have to say the design looks good but the form of those guns look...lego like
    nothing wrong with that, that i can see
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

I thought they look rather neat and tidy, btw Exper, what calibre are they?
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

and do u mind if i build a couple for the model im building?

Spoiler:

Comment

I think we're going to see a lot of those canon. Would look awfully sweet on the CG340

Comment

if im aloud to i'll be putting a few of them on my own model

Spoiler:

Comment

tbh, I don't like giving out my models.

140mm, not sure what kind of gun they are though :L Probably stick a label saying 'Railgun'.
              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
              sigpic

Comment

how bout one of the two barrels is a railgun and the other is a thermoplasma cannon (like a staffweapon, but much more badass, like in the movie)

Comment

that could work actually, cause I've got this weird 'power core' thing in there for some reason.
                  Image 1
                  Image 2
                  top = railgun
                  bottom = thermoplasma cannon
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool...

For some reason i decided earlier that i was going to look though all my 'Brit-Verse' ships to work out which ship was which class (Frigate/Corvette/Cruiser/ETC). It led me to see how i'd go about making a fleet with the ships i have....

factoring in all the points.... i've ended up with 80 ships and roughly 148-156 fighters

my workings-
                    Spoiler:
                    Ships-
                    Belatu-Cadros = Cruiser
                    Carrier = N/A (There can be only one!)
                    Enyalius = Frigate
                    Midget = Corvette
                    Hospital Ship = N/A
                    Cissionus = Freighter
                    Rapier = Short range patrol / gunboat
                    Repair ship = N/A
                    Fighter F320 = N/A
                    GJ309 = Gate-travel capable transport
                    Spear = Non Gate-travel capable transport
                    Patrol Ship = N/A
                    Sparrow Hawk = Fighter Trainer / possible small fighter
                    Stealth Ship = N/A (There can be only one!)
                    F.O.B. Ship = Forward Operating Base deploying ship (FOB group will consist of 2 Cissionus freighters, plus the FOB Ship)

Bases-
                    Modular space station.
                    - Modules = T - Junction / L - Junction / X - Junction / Straight / Spear Hanger / Power Core / Storage
                    Orbital Defence station
                    Planetary defence satellite

Vehicles-
                    Buggy
                    4wheel transport
                    6wheel transport
                    Bike
                    Fork Lift
                    Runabout

Carrier = 2 Belatu-Cadros = 3 Enyalius = 2 Midgets

F320 Fighter Squadrons = 2 ’flights’ of 6 F320 fighters = 12
                    - Carrier proposed to carry max 3 squadrons of F320s = 36

Sparrow Hawk Fighter Squadrons = 2 ‘Flights’ of 8 Sparrow Hawks fighters = 16
                    - Carrier proposed to carry max 3 squadrons of Sparrow Hawks = 48

The single Carrier group-
                    1x Carrier
                    - Fighter compliment, 2x F320 SQD (24)+ 1x Sparrow Hawks SQD (16)+ 2x GJ309
                    + 3x Spear
                    1x Belatu-Cadros
                    - Fighter compliment, 1x Sparrow Hawk (16) or 1 F320 SQD (12) + 1x Spear
                    2x Enyalius
                    + 1x Spear
                    3x Midgets
                    2x Cissionus
                    3x Rapier
                    1x Repair ship Group
                    - 1x Repair ship
                    - 2x Cissionus
                    1x Hospital ship Group
                    - 1x Hospital ship
                    -- + 2x Medical Spear
                    - 2x Midget
                    - 1x Cissionus
                    Hospital & Repair groups can detach from the Carrier group if/when needed.

29 ships, 52/56 fighters (Depending on which fighter the Belatu-Cadros carries)

Non-Carrier group ships

1x Belatu-Cadros
                    4x Enyalius
                    3x Patrol ship
                    6x Cissionus
                    8x Midget
                    5x Rapier
                    2X FOB Ship
                    1x Repair group (3 ships)

45 ships 12 or 16 fighters (Depending on the fighters on the Belatu-Cadros)

Fighters

1x Atlantis F320 SQD = 12
                    1x Atlantis Sparrow Hawk SQD = 16

2x Earth F320 SQD = 24
                    2x Sparrow Hawk SQD
                    - 1x Training = 16
                    - 1x active = 16

68 active fighters
                    16 training fighters

80 ships
                    148/156 fighters

228/288 ships in total……

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Though the two threads are seperate entities, it was found after much discussion that TPTB got it totally wrong in lobbing all their SG craft into one numeric series: ie #300

That being said, Doc might I suggest as Blacky is doing a F100, yours could well be the F102

Oh and on a technical issue guys, the smallest calibre possible for a practical railgun is around 100mm, munitions below that (76mm and down) have insufficient iron to almost none to be capable of a magnetic reaction. If you're going for small calibre's such as 30mm cannon, use can use an enhanced propellant to give you more velocity at the muzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                        tbh, I don't like giving out my models.
                        when i asked if i could use them i mean't actually build them. im not using a computer for my model

Spoiler:

Comment

The models are looking really good guys. It is all very inspiring.

On the 340 design: What is that antenna structure between the missile tubes? Also, do the missile launchers not interfere with the engineering spaces at the rear. The conduits in the model seem to run from the engine housing directly to where the missiles are. Is the fuel plasma positioned next to the missile tubes?

Originally posted by PJOZ
                          Oh and on a technical issue guys, the smallest calibre possible for a practical railgun is around 100mm, munitions below that (76mm and down) have insufficient iron to almost none to be capable of a magnetic reaction. If you're going for small calibre's such as 30mm cannon, use can use an enhanced propellant to give you more velocity at the muzzle.
                          Well, SG-verse has created rather prevalent ambient temperature super conductors, which I think should develop a better magnetic reaction than iron, so I think we could safely suspend our disbelief of "small" calibre railgun rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                            The models are looking really good guys. It is all very inspiring.

On the 340 design: What is that antenna structure between the missile tubes? Also, do the missile launchers not interfere with the engineering spaces at the rear. The conduits in the model seem to run from the engine housing directly to where the missiles are. Is the fuel plasma positioned next to the missile tubes?

acctually i can answer those questions as i am donig the modeling of the 340 i had to resize the 340 due to scaling errors and in its original size the missile tubes would not fit where theywhere suppose to go without cutting into the hangar space since the resizing i have moved the missile tubes to thier proper locations ther should be some pics posted of the modified340 here soon
                            sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Im new to this and am wondering if anyone can help me in designing a ship

Comment

Very timely answer Setsu, I was in the process of formulating a similar reply, thanks

Oh as well, the 340 will have some big honkin space guns as per Jack O'Neill's request

Comment

Working...
                                X