Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90% of modern aircraft will crash if the flight computers fail.

Comment

Originally posted by benoz
      Too much down force, = wing failure at +mach 1. Flatten them out some
      ah, so the issue isn't the weight but the shape, I see. The correction would be to create two acute slopes to the leading edge or make it thinner? I'll delete the front part and try some shapes.

Comment

Warning HUGE image within...
        Spoiler:

Tweaked the back end of the Belatu-Cadros by squaring it up.... simply, while panelling, i realised i couldn't get the rear to work with the chamfer in it... so i've squared it off, giving the ship a few more feet of internal space...

Warning big image within....
        Spoiler:

return of an old ship name... The Winston Churchill. needed a name for a second Enaylius frigate, and that was the first one that popped in my head.

not so big image within...
        Spoiler:

Single seat, twin thruster Civilian craft.... just something i was messing about with...

Again, big image within...
        Spoiler:

Now for something a bit different... like the fighter, i have been messing with vehicle designs and Stargate for a while... and each one was okay, but could have been better..

This latest design is based around the British Jackel fighting vehicle... driver, front gunner, main central gunner, 2 rear seats (for more gunners or whatever) maybe a shield. Power comes from each wheel containing either an electric motor or a Naquadah engine... or a combination of both... other varients will include a 6 wheel troop carrier and maybe a tank-like version...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Nice!
          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
          sigpic

Comment

@Lee: Looking good man. I like the paneling on the ships. The part you squared off is behind the bridge yes?

Below are some f100 updates. Changes include:

Rail guns (30 mm) alongside cockpit.
            Thinned and angled the thruster/avionics housings at the wing roots
            Went with bradly's tipped wing suggestion (Macross has a nice idea for incorporating thrusters).
            Tail fins are 20% shorter.
            Panel between engines extending upper fuselage surface. I'll probably put the 302 inspired grappling tether underneath it.
            Changed the wing leading edges (I'm much happier with them now).
            Smoothed some surfaces and removed some redundant geometry.
            Added missiles. Much thanks to Mcoy for the AIM120 model components. The mountings will have to come forward but these renders at least show basically what it will look like. Yeah I went a bit crazy but it turns out placing missiles is like eating potato chips, you can't just have 2 or 3...

Spoiler:

There is still quite a bit to do but it's looking more like a fighter/interceptor now. Don't worry if the colours look weird, I'm still experimenting with materials.

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
              @Lee: Looking good man. I like the paneling on the ships. The part you squared off is behind the bridge yes?
              Yeah, it's the portion just over the engines right at the back... just couldn't get the panelling to stick with the angle there was before...

Really like the fighter, looks fast and tough

Comment

Went with bradly's tipped wing suggestion (Macross has a nice idea for incorporating thrusters).
                Panel between engines extending upper fuselage surface. I'll probably put the 302 inspired grappling tether underneath it.
                Added missiles. Much thanks to Mcoy for the AIM120 model components. The mountings will have to come forward but these renders at least show basically what it will look like. Yeah I went a bit crazy but it turns out placing missiles is like eating potato chips, you can't just have 2 or 3...

There is still quite a bit to do but it's looking more like a fighter/interceptor now. Don't worry if the colours look weird, I'm still experimenting with materials.
                its really coming together now. all those small sujestions have really improved the look of it and it defently looks like one hell of a machine now.
                Last edited by jasminaGo; 03 October 2010, 12:34 AM. Reason: removing IMG tags

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

love the fighter.
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

Blacky, that is just brilliant. Well done!
                    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Thanks for all the comments.

Originally posted by Lee
                      Yeah, it's the portion just over the engines right at the back... just couldn't get the panelling to stick with the angle there was before...
                      I can imagine. That's what puts me off from paneling, since I put so many curves in, it makes it difficult to work out the best way to do it.

Comment

thats when u use a texture to panel it..

Comment

Spoiler:

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/blacklusterseph004/f100-2-2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/blacklusterseph004/f100-3-2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/blacklusterseph004/f100-4-2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/blacklusterseph004/f100-5-1.jpg[/IMG

Wait a minute those are YF-21 Engines on that fighter.

Comment

and those are?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              and those are?
                              From Ace Combat unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Fleshed out the 4-wheel vehicle.... driver, gunner, plasma main gunner, two rear seats. still a WIP

-------

The first variant.... a 6 wheel troop carrier.... still a WIP

-------

and a second..... gunner and driver only.... still a WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X