Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just not used to seeing someone new with an acceptable ship, its like a first for me. :L
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
      I'm just not used to seeing someone new with an acceptable ship, its like a first for me. :L
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        That's what she said.
        Brilliant, though his ship is in the range of unending earth wish his spelling was too.

Also i'm working on a variant of the crucible thats thicker for all of you who like it larger. *snicker*
        That and a assault cruiser.
        time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
          brilliant, though his ship is in the range of unending earth wish his spelling was too.

Also i'm working on a variant of the crucible thats thicker for all of you who like it larger. *snicker*
          that and a assault cruiser.
          niiice!!!

Comment

I feel dirty, I just noticed the post above mine... :L
            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
            sigpic

Comment

with no puns attached i almost finished the heavy variant of the crucible.

note/ the final tower piece isn't attached.
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

so is this preferred over the skinny version. though i realized the bigger the ship bigger the target.
              time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
              sigpic

Comment

just an fyi the stress points to that design would be horendis if the ship ever laned on a planet it would snap in to 3 peices....

Comment

i agree. i'm sorry to tell you this but... the original version was fine IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    i agree. i'm sorry to tell you this but... the original version was fine IMO.
                    well on paper it looked cooler so i went to work to see how it would come out. i sorta liked the results namely the curves.

on another note leaving the cross shaped ships for a time, for this time i'm trying to figure out which texture should i use for this revamped jaffa carrier. the main pyramid i can't decide on a stoneish look or more of a metallic one. also from what u seen any tips for where i should head it.

metal color
                    Spoiler:

stone color
                    Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I like the metalic one more, the stone one seems very dull and grainy, plus i dont think stone weathers very well under fire
                      sigpic
                      THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

i don't know about the texture. it really depends on how you texture everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by tae8 View Post
                          i have a ship it would have the basic hull of the prometheus but bigger it will have the asgaurd core 3 asgaurd beam weapons and 37 rail guns 4 missle lonching bays with 5 nukes and 15 normle missles in each missle bay it will have a x302 bay that can hold 8 x302s and its shields will be as strong as the deadalus and it will be built to explore planets without stargates or assist in battles because it will be strong enough to take out 2 hataks alone without braking a sweat
                          First of all Tae, use a spell checker, We have a few English nasties here (read z). Ok from a flyboy, missiles per tube 1 only. The missiles are stored in loading racks/trays beneath the silos, they are automatically called up as each successive one is fired until you run out of ammo. Of course a ship that size (you say bigger, how much? 304 size?) would have it's limit with additional storage. A standard Prometheus class can already carry 8 302's so no real advantage there. Now 37 rail guns. Depending on the caliber, maybe 76mm you could carry about 12 max. If you made them any less in caliber, you might as well use standard 30mm gatling guns, which would be very effective anyway. With that size, possibly 30 would be realistic. Your Asgard beam weapons could handle earlier Hat'aks, but it's possible and I haven't watched SGU, the Lucian Alliance Hat'aks may we be able to counter those weapons with stronger shields. I could be wrong on this point.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

well on paper it looked cooler so i went to work to see how it would come out. i sorta liked the results namely the curves.

on another note leaving the cross shaped ships for a time, for this time i'm trying to figure out which texture should i use for this revamped jaffa carrier. the main pyramid i can't decide on a stoneish look or more of a metallic one. also from what u seen any tips for where i should head it.

metal color
                            Spoiler:

stone color
                            Spoiler:
                            This is interesting looking.

Comment

metal color
                              Spoiler:

stone color
                              Spoiler:
                              I would think that the Jaffa would want to get away from the Goa'uld's designs. Make their own so they don't have the lurking memories of their oppression in the design of their ships.
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I agree with bob, I still think they would be large imposing ships though.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X