This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...a future car?

I have started a new project a history around a UK base and a few ships including a few different cargo ship classes.

sigpic

Comment

Think of something with wings and missiles.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Experiment 442; 29 May 2010, 09:11 AM.
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Something I started modelling yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
          People with dirt-cheap inertia-less drive systems.

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
          That's actually my theory for how we're going to defeat the Reapers. Aim the Mass Effect Relays at them and WHAM! If it can cross a galaxy that fast, just imagine the IMPACT that would leave on a Reaper!
          Won't work, Relays don't actually speed anything up to that speed, they just create a dark energy corridor between themselves, effectively raising the speed of light within it. My personal favorite is X-Ray lasers. They go through any kinetic barrier. You still have to deal with armor, but at least it's doing something instead of splashing across the Reaper's kinetic barriers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Something I started modelling yesterday...

Nicly done! i see you got the rigging down do you know weight mapping?

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
              Nicly done! i see you got the rigging down do you know weight mapping?
              I haven't tried that yet... it's on my to do list

Comment

I haven't tried that yet... it's on my to do list
                mine aswell and im hunting for a tute that goes into the subject thuroughly.. havt been able to locate one yet tho.. so i made my character mesh a diffrent shape so its easier to rig instead and hopefully i wont get as much warping and bending of the mesh i got before..

Comment

mine aswell and im hunting for a tute that goes into the subject thuroughly.. havt been able to locate one yet tho.. so i made my character mesh a diffrent shape so its easier to rig instead and hopefully i wont get as much warping and bending of the mesh i got before..
                  My robot doesn't warp or bend at all But each part of his body is a different object so the warping issue doesn't really apply

Comment

My robot doesn't warp or bend at all But each part of his body is a different object so the warping issue doesn't really apply
                    robots are easy that way but youl get to a point were weight mapping is neccesary eventually

Comment

Comment

Spoiler:

I finally managed to do a render showing some of the new details. Setting up the light sources is a lot harder than I thought. Anyway, from the stuff I've been meaning to add, the ship now has:

Dorsal launch doors
                        AA missile launch doors
                        Lower AA plasma cannons
                        Redesigned conning tower (though I might give it another go, the shape isn't quite to my liking)
                        Forward and rear viewing decks
                        Pod dock hatch and docking fixtures
                        Ion drive manifold airlock
                        Structural supports
                        Reactor access lock

Checking the scaling on the parts I was happy with, the size of this ship actually comes out to about 275 m. As such the designation should maybe go up to cruiser, even though it is still somewhat specialized in terms of its role in a fleet. I should be able to do some better pics when I figure out this renderer...
                        Last edited by blackluster; 30 May 2010, 04:46 PM.

Comment

another character in progress.

Raiden from MGS4

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Dude that is awesome, you have so gotta do that to the Commander PJ's cruiser, he'll go crackers if you do.

Thanks to Commander PJOZ for the siggy

Comment

I love the music.

That must be the best looking turtle style ship design I've ever seen.

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              [IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/blacklusterseph004/Agincourtrender1.jpg[/IMG

I finally managed to do a render showing some of the new details. Setting up the light sources is a lot harder than I thought. Anyway, from the stuff I've been meaning to add, the ship now has:

Dorsal launch doors
                              AA missile launch doors
                              Lower AA plasma cannons
                              Redesigned conning tower (though I might give it another go, the shape isn't quite to my liking)
                              Forward and rear viewing decks
                              Pod dock hatch and docking fixtures
                              Ion drive manifold airlock
                              Structural supports
                              Reactor access lock

Checking the scaling on the parts I was happy with, the size of this ship actually comes out to about 275 m. As such the designation should maybe go up to cruiser, even though it is still somewhat specialized in terms of its role in a fleet. I should be able to do some better pics when I figure out this renderer...
                              That's starting to look more than just intresting.

Comment

Well, I had a redesign, the other one was built around walkways, this one is built around the ship components.

Spoiler:
                                Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X