Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they don't seem to have much trouble with it in the show.
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
      Well, they don't seem to have much trouble with it in the show.
      But they never got around to making their own ships. they just used the existing Goa'uld ones
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

@Aluguroan: Awesome design guy. I'll advocate the stone because the texture is finer. Unless you could adjust the metallic such that the pattern is smaller. Very imaginative retake on the classic Ha'tak.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          I would think that the Jaffa would want to get away from the Goa'uld's designs. Make their own so they don't have the lurking memories of their oppression in the design of their ships.
          i understand that, but the gouald took them and gave them their culture. turned them into the warriors they are. I honestly wouldn't want the jaffa to suddenly be influenced, ( some would be okay) by the tauri's designs.

but if we moved away from the pyramid, which in my mind sorta fits the jaffa. except for the wtf some people would feel from a flying pyramid. So where so i head with this since i don't really got an idea for the jaffa besides the original of this.

@ black and saquist// thanks
          time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
            i understand that, but the gouald took them and gave them their culture. turned them into the warriors they are. I honestly wouldn't want the jaffa to suddenly be influenced, ( some would be okay) by the tauri's designs.

but if we moved away from the pyramid, which in my mind sorta fits the jaffa. except for the wtf some people would feel from a flying pyramid. So where so i head with this since i don't really got an idea for the jaffa besides the original of this.

@ black and saquist// thanks
            Yeah I guess I was trying to influence your imagination for you next Jaffa ship.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

influence away, theres no telling where your words may end up.

eg. cuz told me to draw a mic on fire for a tattoo,
              in my head i found it perfectly fine to bring that fire to the next level as a nuclear explosion.

so i'm all up for what you got, my rendering skills probably not. so if you have anything shoot.
              time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
              sigpic

Comment

I seem to be lost. I don't know what to do to this model. I'm sure there it stuff I just don't know what to do. I mean I can do some small paneling but thats beside the point. Like should I add a third set of 6 guns where the pipes are in front of the engines? Any Ideas?

Click for full size
                Spoiler:
                sigpic
                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

refine the nose plating.

i'd like to see it properly lit in a scene. gives it more of a feel. i'm interested in how the nose looks

oh can all guns retract into the ship?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    refine the nose plating.

i'd like to see it properly lit in a scene. gives it more of a feel. i'm interested in how the nose looks

oh can all guns retract into the ship?
                    Yeah I want to get the model done before I light it.

The guns can retract about as much as the ones of the Galactica.

Hmmm nose paneling, lets see. . . .
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

looks awesome, from what i see i would put another pair on the side of the ship near the engines. there is decent room there and provide some cover to what appears to be a slight blind spot.

how far can the turrets aim? total 360 with the barrels being able to point straight up.

like killman said be nice to see a scene of the ship, to grasp how it looks completely. also can't see the nose from the view, but it looks okay.

sigpic

Comment

Ok this is something that I came up with after i saw Experiment 442's leg ship and the alguroans heavy crucible.
                        so thanx for the ideas guys

Class: Crucifiction Class Destroyer
                        Name:N/A

Specs:
                        Length:1803.73ft/549.78m
                        Width:1162.5ft/354.33m
                        Height(Flight Mode):301.5ft/91.90m
                        Height(Landing mode):434ft/132.28m

Armaments:
                        32 Skipper Missiles
                        80 Mk2 Charge Particle Beam Cannons

Shielding:
                        MK4 Shields
                        Independant back up MK 3 Shields for the obs deck and command structure

Engines:
                        Main Engine: Mk 32 Plasma Ion Engine
                        6 Supplementary/Manuevering Engines: Mk 19 Plasma Ion Engines
                        20 Landing Thrusters

Carries a compliment of 20 F302 Space Superiority Fighters
                        Has a Lower Bay for Ground Assault Vehicles

PLZ Enjoy
                        Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 10 September 2010, 05:42 PM.
                        sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

holy cow , that's a death star , cool but uber
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

thats an flying fortress right there, question if the legs are a sound investment, considering if one falls or is off that could cause a major problem unless those are put in docking clamps or something.

but overall gotta say, thats freaken sweet. also oddly enough the front reminds me of a car or something.

sigpic

Comment

give me that and i would take on the galaxy in a week and the universe in less the 300 years
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X