• Show
Clear All

Whats the engine layout look like?
    Visit my Website

Comment

but not that blocky, mcoy

Comment

Hello

I've been putting a few things together, and finally managed to put together a small flash reel. Please do check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.thelordofeternaldarkness.com/ships.html

Cheers
        strength must be balanced with sweetness of temperament

Comment

Satnamboll28, I looked over your ships. They are all magnificent, especially the large battle cruisers. I use Rhino 3.0 to create my objects. Say, is there much of a difference between Rhino 3.0 and 4.0?

Let's see some of those bad boys rendered and animated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike3121 View Post
            Satnamboll28, I looked over your ships. They are all magnificent, especially the large battle cruisers. I use Rhino 3.0 to create my objects. Say, is there much of a difference between Rhino 3.0 and 4.0?

Let's see some of those bad boys rendered and animated.
            mike3121

thanks for the cc!! glad you like it.
            none of the ships are actually battle cruisers. i'm guessing you are talking about the sumeria? it's an SGC super carrier for deep space usage, and fleet engagements. can do it all from space battle, to planetary invasions etc. first one of the lot.
            i wouldn't really know about rhino, as i am currently learning to use Maya 8.

rendering and animation wise, i'm still trying to understand the lighting. hopefully i will have a test rig available in a couple of weeks.
            hopefully..

satnam

Comment

I thought I saw Rhino on the side of some of your ships, must have been somebody else's. I have Maya 6.5. Just use global lighting and render using Mental Ray, Mitchell or Lanczos filters. You'll probably use key frame animation, probably following an inviable CV line for the ship to follow. I hope you have a powerful PC because rendering animation frames can take all day. You might be familiar with all this anyway.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike3121 View Post
                I thought I saw Rhino on the side of some of your ships, must have been somebody else's. I have Maya 6.5. Just use global lighting and render using Mental Ray, Mitchell or Lanczos filters. You'll probably use key frame animation, probably following an inviable CV line for the ship to follow. I hope you have a powerful PC because rendering animation frames can take all day. You might be familiar with all this anyway.

Good luck.
                hello!

yep, you saw rhino on the side of one of my ships. it's actually called Rhino. an sgc based equivalent of the alkesh except it literally looks like a dinosaur rhino..hence the name for that craft..
                render using mental ray? yep, i can do that..mitchell/lanczos filters? umm, what?
                i'm currently using my xps 1710 (yep, a notebook) to do all my work. need to upgrade to 4 gb..am on 2gb but it's not enough...

satnam

Comment

Heres the EC-306

Spoiler:

I havent finished the plating yet and i havent put in the windows yet, but i fell like its gotten better since the first time i posted it.
                  Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Happy Brithday RJB!

Comment

Just about finished texturing

Spoiler:

Size compared to the Daedalus

Spoiler:
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        but not that blocky, mcoy
                        If you're referring to the 'Crimson Sunrise'; yes they are (supposed to be that blocky). If you're referring to FN-P90's ship, maybe not quite so much, but it's nowhere near as bad as a completely smooth one. (in terns of fitting with established Tau'ri design principals)
                        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                          looks awesome, not much else i can say..... Could you post it on a lighteer background so we could see the detail better?
                          Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Awsome ship dude.
                            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

heres a transport for elite teams.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...47c4957ef82791

cant be bothered to screencap, been mainly working on back engines once i got the basic shape
                              Perhaps Puff

Comment

Originally posted by nich959 View Post
                                looks awesome, not much else i can say..... Could you post it on a lighteer background so we could see the detail better?

you should see the details with that one.
                                Visit my Website

Comment

Working...
                                X