Clear All

and I still think most Earth designs are blocky, boxy and ugly

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

i like em

Comment

Same the form will evolve as our ability to move away from function increase, we are still young in our development, the aesthetics will wait for a good few hundred years. But yeah i loved your Typhon but i like the storm model immensely.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I like the designs also, but it is too blocky for my taste.

www.darkarmada.nl
          www.runescape.com

Comment

I have said it before that we create our designs similar to those seen in the show so they merge into the current backstory for the series so and can be easily recognised by others as stargate type ships.

I tried to create a separate line of ships for a future Tauri line

sigpic

Comment

I like the somewhat more rounded style you have merlin, it is better looking, it does look more bsg though XD, but it is not as ugly.

Besides I mean that in most sci fy I know, Earth's got blocky ugly designs...

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
                I like the somewhat more rounded style you have merlin, it is better looking, it does look more bsg though XD, but it is not as ugly.

Besides I mean that in most sci fy I know, Earth's got blocky ugly designs...
                I find the blocky designs more appealing than the Star Trek designs. That's my opinion, however.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

startrek is toooooooooooo goodytooshoes, I like somethings being all good and all, but their ships do reflect the too much good idea. I do like some designs though, using smooth lines is however not going to make a ship too clean and all. If done properly it can and will work wonders.

Just look at Galactica, beautiful design, nice curves, not to blocky and yet it does not have the same Trek's often got

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

startrek is toooooooooooo goodytooshoes, I like somethings being all good and all, but their ships do reflect the too much good idea. I do like some designs though, using smooth lines is however not going to make a ship too clean and all. If done properly it can and will work wonders.

Just look at Galactica, beautiful design, nice curves, not to blocky and yet it does not have the same Trek's often got

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

I'm a trek fan as some may know but I like the look of other ships too, ie
                      Normandy SR-2 from ME2,
                      sulaco from aliens
                      rodger young from starship troopers
                      and loads more

sigpic

Comment

I too am a trek fan, but I think not all should be good stuff only. Dark eras like DS9 had would be needed to keep me sane

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

Wham!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Addendum...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                              Addendum...
                              Crazy Alex..........sooo cool even if I don't especially like the Destiny
                              My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                              sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

insane work alex

Comment

Working...
                                X