X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
    Well... here's one that is definitely not a joke

Re-jigged the Gatejumper design a bit mostly at the rear, making the rear access hatch wider and slimming down the thrusters

Question: Does that platform at the back retract inside the Gatejumper, or does it fold upwards to cover the doors?
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

it rotates and retracts into the ship

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

4.0 modo401

Spoiler:

Comment

let me guess. you like the destiny?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            let me guess. you like the destiny?

Indeed i admit i am partial to the design of destiny,
            but the main reason im redoing it yet again is that i cant stand my old SU models as they still have that nasty blocky SU look about em and they are pretty much useless in animations scenery etc as they export as tri's which makes the model sketchy to play with and limits my details to half of what i can do with modo.

an added perk is that the original Show model is made with Modo401
            but its a tad out of my polygon capabilities im limited to a little less then3 million but the show version is something like 3.8 million.. so if i layer the detail depending on what area is showing at certain times i should be able to make it close to the original.
            Last edited by Alx; 11 July 2010, 02:53 AM.

Comment

please, please do make a seeder ship once you're done

Comment

please, please do make a seeder ship once you're done
                A seeder eh?
                well tbh i have thought about one but all i keep getting when i try and visualize it is some huge bug like thing (kinda sorta like a beetle) that poops stargates and i wouldnt know how to make such a thing pretty

wait i might have gotten an idea for a seeder by taking some inspiration from the matrix Design style.... ill get back to ya on that... **scribbles in note book******

Comment

worked on the drive..

Spoiler:

Comment

my god....

i pity your computer

Comment

my god....

i pity your computer
                      kinda yea

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Hi folks! I'm looking for some ideas to improve my arkship design (could be about the modelling, the texturing or the lighting)

Spoiler:

Just for information, so far I've used sketchup and plan to move to blender. worth it?
                        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

If your using podium to render.

Spoiler:
                          Go to the settings in the podium window and put anti-aliasing to half, makes edges cleaner.

Its looking good. SU is a very good software, but crashes make it bad. Blender has a big learning curve, but practise would make it worth while. I've tried blender, I didn't like it, so I stayed with SU.
                          Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post

Spoiler:
                            Go to the settings in the podium window and put anti-aliasing to half, makes edges cleaner.

Its looking good. SU is a very good software, but crashes make it bad. Blender has a big learning curve, but practise would make it worth while. I've tried blender, I didn't like it, so I stayed with SU.
                            Did you try any tutorials? Once you get used to the controls it's quite simple to use... I find it easier to use than Sketchup Plus it has an internal renderer And there are several more that can be added

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                              A seeder eh?
                              well tbh i have thought about one but all i keep getting when i try and visualize it is some huge bug like thing (kinda sorta like a beetle) that poops stargates and i wouldnt know how to make such a thing pretty

wait i might have gotten an idea for a seeder by taking some inspiration from the matrix Design style.... ill get back to ya on that... **scribbles in note book******
                              i always thought the seeder ship would look similer to the startrek halogram ship but the seeder ship would have twice the amount of greebles on it and like cranes and stuff lol

Comment

my god....

i pity your computer
                                Originally posted by locutes View Post
                                kinda yea
                                its only 855k polys atm so it isnt to bad..

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                                Hi folks! I'm looking for some ideas to improve my arkship design (could be about the modelling, the texturing or the lighting)

Spoiler:

Just for information, so far I've used sketchup and plan to move to blender. worth it?
                                Turn up the AA settings to get rid of all those nasty pixly lines.

also yes switching to blender is something id recomend if you want to take your 3d further in the future and learn the real way of doing it.
                                also if you want better and more realistic looking models its a def trade up from SU.

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post

Spoiler:

Chrashes isnt what makes su bad those are just a irritating small issue in the long run. what makes su bad is the lack of so many lil features other softwares have that make your modeling faster and more accurate which in turn gives you a better more realistic look in half the time it would take to first find a work around in SU then implement that technique in an effective way.

if you tried blender again and you gave it your all im sure youd find the fetures and tools more usefull then any of the SU ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X