X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    It's called Sculptris

http://www.sculptris.com/download.html

If you're looking for new 3D modelling software.. have you considered downloading Blender?
    For some reason every time I try to load Blender i get a software load error message. I've deleted and downloaded it three times and still no joy. A friend of mine uses the professional version of Serif and the free version is just an older one of the 3D Pro, so I'm giving that a try
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
      For some reason every time I try to load Blender i get a software load error message. I've deleted and downloaded it three times and still no joy. A friend of mine uses the professional version of Serif and the free version is just an older one of the 3D Pro, so I'm giving that a try
      Did you install python 2.6.2 as well? Blender needs it to work..

Comment

Did you install python 2.6.2 as well? Blender needs it to work..
        No I didn't get the memo on that......d'oh. How easy is Blender to use if I get it to run, Serif looks simple for dummies like moi

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          No I didn't get the memo on that......d'oh. How easy is Blender to use if I get it to run, Serif looks simple for dummies like moi
          If you read tutorials, such as this one:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

And take the time to learn the interface then it is very easy to use

Comment

If you read tutorials, such as this one:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

And take the time to learn the interface then it is very easy to use
            Thanks PH I'm Downloading it now. The Serif is still waiting for a email key 30 minutes

Comment

Hi everyone!, ok let it be said, I'm the rookie here.
              But I saw this thread and simply couldn't resist posting my design up.
              http://fav.me/d2u6p5a
              so what do you think?
              If you are wondering about the ships stat's I will post them later

Comment

Originally posted by Church View Post
                so what do you think?
                fav.me?
                lol

Comment

http://fav.me/d2u6p5a
                  so what do you think?
                  What program are you using?

I really hope that ship doesn't attempt to make a landing. But I like the design itself!
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Well, with the Avalon being an ancient ship, she is capable of landing on a planet, although it would need an area of about 25 square kilometres so yeah, she could, but probably not
                    I will however be posting up some of the interiors I've mapped along with some of the beastly stat's that go with the ship

What program are you using?

I really hope that ship doesn't attempt to make a landing. But I like the design itself!
                    I modelled the ship in goggle sketch up 7, but I used some high-res textures and exported it in a large picture format and then photo-edited it to make it look that good

Comment

Spoiler:

Can you tell what it is yet?

Comment

looks like a messy floor

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                          looks like a messy floor
                          Only a little.. Making models without a computer does get a little messy at times

Comment

Spoiler:

Comment

haha all this detail us slowing you down alx youd be done by now usually lol

Comment

Well, with the Avalon being an ancient ship, she is capable of landing on a planet, although it would need an area of about 25 square kilometres so yeah, she could, but probably not
                                I will however be posting up some of the interiors I've mapped along with some of the beastly stat's that go with the ship

I modelled the ship in goggle sketch up 7, but I used some high-res textures and exported it in a large picture format and then photo-edited it to make it look that good
                                ...25 000 metres...square...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X