Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
      Not working for me
      Which is not Doc, my pics? I put them in a spolier now
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Yea..... and they're now working.

That is a brilliant layout.... Really wishing i could just get my stuff up and running instead of it sat in the cupboard

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Yea..... and they're now working.

That is a brilliant layout.... Really wishing i could just get my stuff up and running instead of it sat in the cupboard
          Glad you like it Doc, but that's where my ideas sat for years until Mrs OZ had to stop me from drooling all over the hobby shop windows

PS the 3390 cost me $535 fully DCC equipped with sound

Comment

i've got a few hundred £££ worth of kit in a cupboard behind me.... all i need now is to make the room to use if...

Comment

i've got a few hundred £££ worth of kit in a cupboard behind me.... all i need now is to make the room to use if...
              Mine currently is residing in the garage, but only until I can refurbish Ben's room (my son), then I will move it all there. But if you grab a hold of Model Railroader Magazine there are some great tips in there for small and diverse layouts. I just got a copy of their 102 track plans and there is some great stuff in there

Comment

Thanks ray and mark!
                here is how it is looking now

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and GREEN
                  sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Interesting Texture

All but finished the Rapier.... or the Short range patrol ship i posted a few pages back...

Got a few tweaks to make... and maybe some more Greebles around the nose of the ship...but it's nearly done now

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                      And I raise you a Battlestar.
                      That's a real good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                        SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and GREEN
                        thank you

Interesting Texture

All but finished the Rapier.... or the Short range patrol ship i posted a few pages back...
                        indeed atleast its stargate themed now
                        ant that wee lil thing is looking good mate

worked on the lighting and colorscheme.

Comment

X-306 Achilles
                          Class: Assault Cruiser/Capital ship Destroyer
                          Designed for hit and run tactics, specifically for use against Wraith Hives , though it is more than capable of dealing with any known ships.
                          Length:3x the 304
                          Width:2x as wide
                          Height: 70% higher
                          (I have built a scale model of the 306 and 304, but no one's come to a final decision on the 304s dimensions.)

Weapons:
                          16 forward APBW emitters (however they a have slower recharge rate than the 304 due to the amount of APBWs, but additional Naquadah generators make it faster, and when a ZPM is transferred to the 306 it triples the recharge rate of 304's APBWs.

2 Port and 2 Starboard APBWs

2 forward Plasma Cannons (fires bolts of plasma at high velocities)

4 dorsal Plasma duel pulse turrets (rapidly fires small bolts of plasma at a velocity slightly faster than a rail gun)

20 forward Plasma pulse emitters (rapidly fires small bolts of plasma at a velocity slightly faster than a rail gun)

13 aft Plasma pulse emitters

2 dorsal RFPP turrets (Rapidly fires small, high velocity (2.3x the speed of rail gun rounds) plasma pulses. Their main use use is anti fighter duty, they in effective against anything else.

22 Dorsal rail gun
                          28 ventral rail guns
                          12 PTP HV rail guns

Rail guns lack large amounts of extra ammo. The ship must be resupplied after any real engagements.

24 Dorsal VLS Missile Tubes.
                          12 forward Missile Tubes.
                          10 ventral Missile Tubes.
                          4 aft deployment tubes for mines, but they double as missile tubes

16 Naquadria enhanced nuclear warheads
                          32 Mark VII Naquadah enhanced nuclear warheads
                          16 Mark V Naquadah enhanced nuclear warheads

Defensive systems:
                          Asgard shields

12 PTP HV rail guns (Rail guns witch fire with nearly 5 times the normal speed, but can only fire at 1/10 the normal rate. Their main role is for interception of cannibalistic rounds, ie: incoming missiles or fighters).

Cloaking generator

Propulsion:

Asgard hyper drive.
                          Enhanced Ion Engines capable of .69 of light speed without a ZPM.
                          Chemical Thrusters.

Fighter Complement:
                          8 F-302s
                          2 Puddle Jumpers
                          1 Puddle jumper equipped with a hyper drive. Used to scout systems and give advanced targeting data for precise Hyperspace jumps into hostile occupied space.

Tactics:

This ship was designed to be used in hit and run tactics against Wraith Hives and Cruisers. The idea is to jump in fire every thing at once and jump out before taking any damage or before the hives can deploy darts. The alternate tactic is to wait in system and destroy Wraith ships when they jump in to cull a world. Due to the amount of energy weapons the sip requires much larger power requirements than the 304. To compensate the ship is equipped with numerous Naquadah generators and one, eject-able Naquadria generator which is used when a ZPM is on board. The Naquadria core is equipped with a safety buffer similar to the original one on the X-303 Prometheus.
                          Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
                          -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
                          Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
                          What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

ugh fan wank weaponry knobs.... and hte lenght and width of the ship would make ti to big for a hit and run unit......... so u might wanna revise its abuilitys

Comment

Originally posted by colbmista View Post
                              ugh fan wank weaponry knobs.... and hte lenght and width of the ship would make ti to big for a hit and run unit......... so u might wanna revise its abuilitys
                              Its designed to jump into system at a high velocity, flying in a single, almost unchanging directions, fire of all loaded weapons and jump out, no real maneuvering involved. Its tactics make major use of the hyperdrive and weapons, with minimal use of shields. So no revision is not necessary, just clarification, though your right; it isn't designed for hit and run in the way most people would think about it.
                              But i was wrong about the length, it should only be about 2 1/2 the 304s length. And technically given its size and shape it should have more rail guns. The X-306 is made to operate with a ZPM. due to extreme power requirements. Without a ZPM most systems operate at below 50% capacity. I should mention that the shields are relatively weak for its design. I should also mention that the X-306 is not a production model, and is doubtful any other ships of its design would be built.

BTW: I'm not just some newb that thinks more guns make a ship better. You can have the best ship in the world and still lose due to tactics. The reason for the amount of forward weaponry is the fact that wraith hives have a tendency to travel in groups with flanking cruisers when going to war. The idea is to take out as many hives as possible on a single pass and jump out without really engaging the enemy. It is well named because in any actual engagement the ship is relevantly ineffective do to slow recharge time of APBWs, weak shields, and low maneuverability. Any ship that gets behind it can easily inflict lethal damage due to the minimum amount of weapons.
                              Last edited by deltaCain054; 01 March 2010, 09:12 PM. Reason: Clarification
                              Why are there six pedals and only four directions?
                              -Michael J. Caboose

Sergeant, make it spin.
                              Walter - Spin? Si-sir, it doesn't spin.
                              What? It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I-I'm the general, I want it to spin. Now!

Comment

Here is some random rough project I threw together today. It is a light starship of dubious purposes.

Length: 37.68m
                                Height: 8.3115m
                                Width: 25m

Spoiler:

Any thoughts on this thing?

Comment

Working...
                                X