Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok heres a simple way to solve this arguement. two people build a 635m ship 1 out of current Earth based materials and the other out of a trinium naquadah carbon alloy. we'll launch both of them and see whose survives the longest.
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
      ok heres a simple way to solve this arguement. two people build a 635m ship 1 out of current Earth based materials and the other out of a trinium naquadah carbon alloy. we'll launch both of them and see whose survives the longest.
      The Earth built ship would, because a polymer of light weight materials would not have the required mass to sustain it's own gravitational inertia. That is science, not fiction
      My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
      sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

....so Asgard ships and ha'taks, ori ships...how do they surive when they are far bigger than a 304?

...are you using quantum physics or old physics?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
          The Earth built ship would, because a polymer of light weight materials would not have the required mass to sustain it's own gravitational inertia. That is science, not fiction
          Because bigger objects need more internal support structures to stop them collapsing in on themselves?

*Might have some experience of this*

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            Because bigger objects need more internal support structures to stop them collapsing in on themselves?

*Might have some experience of this*
            Thankyou my child, I'd green you again if I could

Comment

If only you could, father

Comment

I did it for you.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Here are a few more updates. I completely redid the top engines and hangars, and changed the hull around a little.

Spoiler:

Comment

nice details but i am not a fan of BSG. and mixing it with tauri styling stings quite alot in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                      nice details but i am not a fan of BSG. and mixing it with tauri styling stings quite alot in my eyes.
                      The only thing reminiscent of BSG is IMO the hangars. I just can't bring myself to incorporate SG's terrible hangar designs into my ships lol. Having fighter jets fly out of a cargo bay sized opening with no runway for landing or combat landings is pretty naive, even with automated landing systems in place.

Comment

very strange but very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                          The only thing reminiscent of BSG is IMO the hangars. I just can't bring myself to incorporate SG's terrible hangar designs into my ships lol. Having fighter jets fly out of a cargo bay sized opening with no runway for landing or combat landings is pretty naive, even with automated landing systems in place.
                          I dislike the silos behind the bridge. It the was nice with the engine gap on the galactica because it was long, I think your ship it too short for it. Maybe another engine or raising the back up could make it flow better.
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Love the front, but i'm not sold on what's behind the bridge... Maybe shortening the fins and putting a superstructure where the silos are behind the bridge MIGHT be an idea?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Here are a few more updates. I completely redid the top engines and hangars, and changed the hull around a little.

Spoiler:

i liek the redisign of ur model the original wasnt as sleek lookin

Comment

Greenworthy statement, that was the worst Stargate design blunder, having a one way hangar, whatever were they thinking? D'oh

Comment

Working...
                                X