X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    haha no
    Good... because that would have been crazy..

Comment

I downloaded Blender and Python but it doesn't seem to work, something about Blender can't find Python?????

Comment

Originally posted by Weedle View Post
        I downloaded Blender and Python but it doesn't seem to work, something about Blender can't find Python?????
        Did you download the right version? Blender 2.49 needs Python 2.6.2 to work.. And Python might need to be installed first..

And this might be worth a look..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          Did you download the right version? Blender 2.49 needs Python 2.6.2 to work.. And Python might need to be installed first..

And this might be worth a look..
          I'm pretty sure that's the one I downloaded, I'll check again and thanks

Comment

16th challenge is posted in the GWMC check it out.

Comment

new stuff new stuff.

i have delegated my 501 to the wip pile for the moment until i can get to a beter computer as the 501 is sitting at 290,000 polys (the biggest one of mine yet and as high as i can go @ the moment)

this design was inspired by one of the ships from james camerons Avatar and was originally supposed to be a dreadnaught but has since evolved into a more futuristic version of the 304.

i will be designing this one deck by deck and component by component.

the ship has no nose as of yet and has a doubled hulled design.

the ship carries 12 302 class starfighters(in otherwords fighters of the same basic dimensions)

length (sofar) 426.72m/1400ft
              Width 182.88m/600ft
              height (sofar) 21.34m/70ft
              sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

290k is your limit whats ru computer spec?s im on a laptop with 4gb of ram and i can handle around 2 mill...

Comment

Im werking on an old dell win 2000 lappy WITH A PENTIUM 3 CLASS PROC

Comment

my deadalus f302 and my personal cruiser aka the banshee that i designed compined togther is 780370 pollys combined adn all my ships are wrather highly detailed i still have enough space in a scene to model a high detailed carrier and a cargoship..

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post
                      Im werking on an old dell win 2000 lappy WITH A PENTIUM 3 CLASS PROC
                      im sure it could handle more then 290k i betcha can up it to 500k

Comment

possibly but i just dont want to risk it right now
                        getting a new lappy soon so will do more once i get it

and you have to understand
                        there are alot more polys than 290k but since i make everhing components when i use more than one f the same component it only registers the polys from the first component

full lap specs are as such
                        p3 969MHz proc
                        256mb ram
                        40gb hdd
                        cd tray
                        cracked screen
                        bad battery
                        no port for expansions
                        Last edited by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei; 20 July 2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

my desktop freezes when I get going for any time on sketchup and if I play any game on it...I think the graphics card has gone; let the shopping spree begin!

sigpic

Comment

no idea what my Bro's computer contains.... only that it can render 2 detailed images at one time...

Speaking of which....While writing my attempts at a fanfic i've created my own idea of a Lantian fighter (And have half a backstory to explain them)

Big image below
                            Spoiler:

That's gonna stay the basic shape, but i'm not so keen on the cockpit canopy atm.... weapons will include a few drones and, maybe, a beam weapon of some kind (Maybe red to show it's not a APBW)

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Update time..

enjoy.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Update. Wicked polygon changes and stuff. Not a lot to show from oh so much work. A very clean model. 150k.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X