This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks 442!

I have photoshop on the laptop but not on the desktop, going to put it on it this week.

I already have a destroyer and frigate...The ship only has two small hangers the rest of the ship is sensors, labs and probes.

sigpic

Comment

looks good merlin!

more lights..
      Spoiler:

Comment

cheers chaps, I'm assuming your all chaps.

442 added a diff render to CASF, an exclusive extra. lol

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
          Cheers, at the mo its under 600m long...its progressed really quickly, took bob's tip of components. Usually I build the shape then add details after, with this design I have been adding as I go.

Its still early on in the design, I planned for it to explore the Ida galaxy, I had a dream that the Ancients were/ are humans(us). The ship goes back in time just as the ancients enter the MW galaxy. They join the ranks of the ancients ensuring breadcrumbs are left for Earth.
          Yeah I didn't see any actual weapons...It wasn't that it was the configuration. It looks like it should be carrying weapons and plus the size.
          (now I now everyone thinks the Prometheus is 700meters long)

Still a science vessel at 600 meters is going to have really large crew. I can't see a ship of this size an crew being completely scientific that's quite an expenditure.

The nose of the ship is sparce on probes, spire or antenae.
          The First Appendage (Midship) looks like a forward battery structure. (Perhaps add instrument clusters on all sides of it)

After that Appendage there are two more on either side that remind me of shelf batteries (but there is nothing on them.) So after analysis it does look like a frigate or a blockade runner with place for armament mid to rear.

What makes this ship look scientific is the simple fuselage-nose structure but as my eye wanders back I see more combat style modeling. You're given me some ideas here.

This is really your best work. I haven't seen the back but that engine area (hopefully engine area) really completes this design as a modular vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
            Yeah I didn't see any actual weapons...It wasn't that it was the configuration. It looks like it should be carrying weapons and plus the size.
            (now I now everyone thinks the Prometheus is 700meters long)

Still a science vessel at 600 meters is going to have really large crew. I can't see a ship of this size an crew being completely scientific that's quite an expenditure.

The nose of the ship is sparce on probes, spire or antenae.
            The First Appendage (Midship) looks like a forward battery structure. (Perhaps add instrument clusters on all sides of it)

After that Appendage there are two more on either side that remind me of shelf batteries (but there is nothing on them.) So after analysis it does look like a frigate or a blockade runner with place for armament mid to rear.

What makes this ship look scientific is the simple fuselage-nose structure but as my eye wanders back I see more combat style modeling. You're given me some ideas here.

This is really your best work. I haven't seen the back but that engine area (hopefully engine area) really completes this design as a modular vessel.
            Cheers Saquist!

It is going really quickly, some of the deail i have put on is basic...more to go on, lots more. I repeat it is very early on in the project I will add more spires as ther is only three on the head.

I put the daedalus at 630m long so the prometheus in my book is small than that. It is quite long, longer than my figate and destroyer but this is a long range science vessel; I plan to create a short range too.

The wings coming from the ship go in this order atm (from nose to tail) labs and energy cannons, sublight engines, sublight engines and main engines at the rear. The over hanging wing above the first wing with the cannons on holds a small hanger for a couple of fighters and a probe bay.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if I understood the placement description but I look forward to a MSD on the ship. BTW are you guys planning on doing an internal deck layout for any of your ships?

Comment

I'm not sure if I understood the placement description but I look forward to a MSD on the ship. BTW are you guys planning on doing an internal deck layout for any of your ships?
                i already have some interiors on mine bridge,corridors viewports among others i just have gotten around to properly lighting these places yet!

Comment

Now, I was thinking about a new ship to make because I was getting bored and I finally decided on a Gunship design. Here is a attachment that could be placed on the Pheobe instead of a Cargo Pod. It sports twelve normal 50 caliber chain guns with 108 anti-aircraft missiles, on six separate turrets, four plasma cannons, and two large fully articulated heavy railguns.

sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Now, I was thinking about a new ship to make because I was getting bored and I finally decided on a Gunship design. Here is a attachment that could be placed on the Pheobe instead of a Cargo Pod. It sports twelve normal 50 caliber chain guns with 108 anti-aircraft missiles, on six separate turrets, four plasma cannons, and two large fully articulated heavy railguns.

So obviously this ship can't land.

Comment

So obviously this ship can't land.
                      The gunship pod has its own landing gear folded up inside, you can see the single foot in front popping out(there are two in the back). If it wants to land it disconnects the pod and then uses its own landing gear to support itself.
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I think I see it.
                        But bob I think that's going to be some tall landing on slim ship to clear those underside guns.
                        Will the gear extend out the side to give this wider landing base?

Comment

Its will have a kinda of tripod footprint, like this.

[]

[]-----[]
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I like that idea Boberth....it opens up a whole new usage for the Cargo ship as well...

More on the fighter....

Spoiler:

Fiddled about with the offensive capability..... more missiles and two extra cannons.

Tackling the landing gear atm..... dunno if i should go with wheels or struts...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              Its will have a kinda of tripod footprint, like this.

[]

[]-----[]
                              I gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                                I like that idea Boberth....it opens up a whole new usage for the Cargo ship as well...

More on the fighter....

Spoiler:

Fiddled about with the offensive capability..... more missiles and two extra cannons.

Tackling the landing gear atm..... dunno if i should go with wheels or struts...
                                Thanks, I think wheels unless it can take off vertically.

I gotcha.
                                Yeah, the large railguns have a recoil feature like this coastal artillery piece. So it wont be too far off the ground when landed because the gun would be contracted.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X