This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
    Titan_HQ kindly rendered my ship (This was talked about on CASF)
    lol looks lik a souped up 304
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
      lol looks lik a souped up 304
      Hence why on CASF the thread it is in is call deadalus look-a-like-ish.
      Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
      sigpic

Comment

Happily i managed to get this ship finished to a level that could be called 'finihsed' before 3D Max decided to throw a wobbly.

Spoiler:

To recap.... the stats

Crew- 5
        Weapons-
        12 Mk II rail guns
        2 fixed Gatling-style rail guns, capable of firing 105mm shells
        8 Missiles
        2 ion thrusters
        Asgard Sheild emitters
        Short range communications
        Long and short range sensors.

I'm also considering having this the first solely british built ship, rather than American built/American and *other*built ship in my 'fleet'.....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I dont fully understand what you mean. could you please try to rephrase?
          Sure, the guns on the model look 2D and flat on to the surface, and also placed in locations that would suit an entirely different weapons array. The three double barrelled emplacements on the wings dont work. I cant recall the exact specs but the wings could be used to house larger and more impressive emplacements, or not be used atall. Having 6 guns cover an entire wing seems like a waste. The style of the turrets do not match the model and i think either the model needs to have no guns visible or only guns which are dramatically and aesetically neccisary. Eg put major weapons on the Wings and some large fixed Energy Cannons elsewhere, otherwise smaller turrets, railguns and the like do not need to be modelled to a huge degree.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Excuse my woeful paint skills but this is a quick mock up. Fixed large emplacements and rotating turrets would work better for your design, if you dont want to do too many guns, at least choose the right on, if your working in Sketchup ZakeD put a variety of gun turrets on the warehouse which could suit your design or steal from elsewhere but the current ones just dont fit the model IMO.

Spoiler:

sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Im going to draw something up, then work on it.

Now you point it out, these guns do seem 2d, but I assure you, they are not. They are meant to be low to make sure that they are not so easily shot off and to not be so extremely visible.

www.darkarmada.nl
              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Yeah the problem with them being flat to the ship means thier field of fire is also restricted, which is bar when there is a relatively small number of them. Turretted guns work much better because you can have more larger calibure or more barrels in a single housing with a 360 field of fire but have a smaller number of individual better concealled turrets which is what i usually do, say they are concealed or retractable and avoid modelling them.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

I'll give a close up of one of the guns, for they can turn and the barrels can go up and down (mostly up)

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

Spoiler:

and for the record, these things shoot energy/plasma pulses, not projectiles

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

strangely enought, the joints look like they'll fall apart at the slightest non-wanted manouver.
                      sigpic

Comment

how come?

With most weapons I see from about anyone I think they are to fragile because they have such long thin connections.

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

It just doesn't seem right. I make guns cinsidering most things. Also, to make them look menacing.

They just look like they're about to slip out of place.
                          sigpic

Comment

I dont agree with that

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

to me they look like they can fire twice and then blow up from stresses

Comment

I like criticism, though giving ideas on how to make it better, is far more useful

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X